“Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Officially Revealed, Including Sandy Shocks ex!

Y’all need to stop thinking Iron Hands is played in Miraidon, that’s not the deck that makes this card busted. And ya, taking 2 prizes on a Manaphy sent to the Lost Zone then taking 2 more with Greninja is definitely worth it
You more or less miss the whole point of what I am suggesting: do the friggin homework on how that is gonna play out. What you are suggesting eats up a lot of energy for 2 Mirage Gates and needs you to move Manaphy to the active. Have you thought through how often an opportunity like that will even arise?

You more or less miss the whole point of what I am suggesting: do the friggin homework on how that is gonna play out. What you are suggesting eats up a lot of energy for 2 Mirage Gates and needs you to move Manaphy to the active. Have you thought through how often an opportunity like that will even arise?
And then after that, think through if putting up a 2-prizer to take 2 prizes improves whatever matchup you are thinking about enough justified conserving the resources to keep that play as a thing you want to do.

Mirage Gate? That’s a funny way of playing Chien Pao but ok

And yes, it is absolutely worth it in the LZB matchup

Mirage Gate? That’s a funny way of playing Chien Pao but ok
I don’t think I would have bothered with that.

So you have Earth Vessel for the Lightning energy, Irida to search it if needed that way, and Baxcal to set up Iron Hands. Palkia’s already not that good a pick in Chien Pao, but we absolutely rule it out here since Palkia cannot attach to Iron Hands at all. Then you also have a way of gusting the desired Pokémon and the stadium if you are set on trying to take out manaphy specifically as you described. The stadium need guarantees they cannot get it back, and the gust depends on what the opponent’s active is. You might also use Superior Energy Retrieval to get back the energy, which is plausible for all 4 energy including the lightning. Again, that too might also need to be added with Irida.

You might get some mileage late out of Hands taking 2 prizes at some stage in the game, but now does adding that second prize improve the matchup that much unless you take out Manaphy from the game entirely? Does Iron Hands specifically need to KO Manaphy to make that matchup workable as opposed to gust KOing it with a more synergistic Pokémon and saving Iron Hands for a later knockout? How effective does it become against a second Manaphy?

What if you don’t get that opportunity to gust KO Manaphy from the mountain of cards you might need to make that play happen? Is having Iron Hands and the lightning energy in the deck worth it at the risk of making your deck less consistent against other stuff that Iron Hands might not matter?

Back