D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I get you, but I typically analyze everything in a game starting with the graphics, then story and gameplay.
    That happens to me a lot when I download demos/etc. Oh, and on the topic of graphics... The reason I give this game's so much praise is because, if they're this clear in PMD, I can hardly imagine how good X/Y's are going to be (even if they're cel-shaded).
    This demo lets you save. But again, there's a limit to what you can do. It's just a trial thing, I guess. Anyways, at least, you can try some titles via eShop before you buy them. I remember how demos used to only be playable in retail stores.
    That's why it's just a demo. If you do end up liking it, it says that you can transfer the progress you make to the full version, or so it tells you in the beginning.
    I don't know how long it will be up, but it chronicles the first two dungeons plus whatever you explore by using the Discover a Magnagate option. The magnagate dungeons are harder than the regular ones in the demo because they start you off with no items or money, making it harder to manage your moves since your guys won't have a lot of attack ones (unless you play as Snivy). Also, the Magnagate ones only let you use the characters you don't choose at the start of the game, adding to the challenge because you're assigned one of the other Pokemon randomly. On the plus side, the demo's dungeons retain the same layout every time you play them, but again Gothita can be a team killer if it uses Fake Tears and then Confusion
    Apology accepted, but I think you should try the demo if possible and then judge. Also, I tried Rumble Blast recently and it's a surprisingly addictive game.
    Also, you may not believe me, but PMD3's demo is actually absurdly hard. Gothita is a damn nightmare when you can't get away from it and it starts using Fake Tears/Confusion. I died a few times because it kept using that combo.
    I think you made the mistake of spoiling yourself with game details before the titles actually came out, personally. The only reason I take some things as an insult is that it kills my enthusiasm when people take me down about games I like. Usually, they get really anal and don't stop.
    I'm sorry, but fun alone doesn't make or break a game. It is what that game actually brings to the table that wasn't present before.

I am not denying that the graphics are good or the gameplay is fun. But it is the small things that make or break a game, and that's been evident throughout PMD's history, as far as I see it.
    PMD2 brought a whole lot of new things to the table - guild system, Croagunk Swap Shop and the items revolving around it, a plot that touches hearts, a much bigger item bag (thank goodness), able to recruit peeps even with a full party, and challenging post-game dungeons...but, in the process, it took away the unlimited storage and the Friend Areas. (The storage bit I see as a bit of a mixed blessing, since although the storage isn't unlimited, the bag is bigger - plus it's more of a challenge to decide what to keep.) However, the fact that it took away the Friend Areas is responsible for why I will forever prefer PMD1 over PMD2 (that, and PMD1 has easier level-grinding).

PMD3 Magnagate might have all the new features in the world, but it cut the available Pokemon in the game by 75%, in comparison to the previous title. But in addition, it greatly watered down the difficulty level of the PMD series - I read a quick synopsis of the changes on Bulbapedia, and it seems like Magnagate is an insultingly easy game when compared to most titles.

I'm not trying to take a jab at you. I never do, even though at times I feel that you act like I do. I'm just presenting what I see and expounding upon it. It's for reasons similar to this that I turn away from Pokemon Rumble Blast - I've asked many people for an explanation on why it's a good game and I've never gotten a satisfying answer. (I'd rather not get into why since that's a whole other story.)

I'm probably guilty of fanboying over FE Awakening, and yes, maybe that is clouding my judgment on how good of a game it is. I really wanted Magnagate to be a good game. I did some snooping, looked around, got info on the game...and found out, at the end of the day, it wasn't.
    And it hurt. ;_;

I apologize for the large wall of text, but I like to explain myself. I consider you a friend and I believe my friends deserve the whole story - I don't just want to say what I feel, I want to say why I feel it too.
    I'm tired of everyone talking crap about PMD: Gates when its demo was so fun. I don't care if there was one bad spoof in it or if there's a limited selection to what characters you can play as when the gameplay was fun and graphics were beautiful.
    I'm totally not fanboying here over Fire Emblem and dissing PMD!

PMD is one of my favorite franchises, too, but to see them so thoroughly botch it with an extremely limited selection of Pokemon and references to Carly Rae Jepsen *shudder*, I've been avoiding it like the plague. It's just saddening to see a franchise that awesome run itself right into the ground.

Awakening, though...Even for a Fire Emblem game, it's great. There's so much to do, and the DLC is really cool too! (They even give you ways to get lots of gold and EXP really quickly.) The only bad thing I can say about this game is it's on 3DS and some of the parent-child support conversations get rehashed, but other than that it's amazing.
    DNA, The :< Oshawott is the bestest though~
    Doing pretty good. Been trying to do a lot of make up work for school @-@
    And juggling online classes as well, but as is life :3

How're you?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back