'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

*Looks at set numbers*
K, so as this is a Johto set we can assume that 001 and 002 are to be Oddish and Gloom (to facilitate Bellossom) and I reckon I have a somewhat good idea of what the others inbetween could be.

Yo why is Sugimori artwork being wasted on a stock background like this? My man is a legend - recall his original artwork for Heracross in Neo Genesis - that's how you do it. This is disrespect.
Heck even the Heracross from diamond & pearl (which used the Sugimori art from FRLG) has a better background than this.

Not sure how the wording of that ability works. Would we be able to bench a basic, then put the respective stage 2 right on it all in the same turn?
The ability doesn't state "this counts as evolving that pokemon". The ability is basically the old effect of rare candy. Where you didn't have to wait a turn.

Heracross will fit nicely in any Venusaur deck.
I like the Guts ability heracross a little better. If it would be knocked out by an opponent's pokemon's attack, flip a coin. If heads this pokemon is not knocked out and its remaining HP is 10. You can use this ability every time heracross would be knocked out. Even if you flipped heads the first time or rolled evens.

Remember airy wall mr mime? It would be soooo good if it was like that. (me hoping for the translation to be slightly incorrect)

• Shuckle-GX - Now this is called a gosh darn good card. So so so many Pokemon that do a decent damage for fewer energy like Zoroark and Buzzwole. What kills it is atkrs that cost XCC or 3 energy at within one go. Having a good weakness is a plus on Shuckle. Still Baby Shuckle, #HeyNick! is the best one which helps energy Accel A LOT! 4-5 Geodudes

So, you can annoy any DCE attackers but you take years to ko them in turn.

Pretty hilarious card all in all.

Shuckle has always been a mildly annoying Pokemon to play against in the video games ... I guess now it's a got a GX analogue?

Back