News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Raikou/Electrode just got a massive buff. And question, it is 1 Energy providing 2 Energy. Does gardevoir do 30 more or 60? 0:

If you mean Gardevoir-GX, Infinite Force would only be increased by 30 with a Counter Energy attached because the card always provides one Colorless energy regardless and the extra energy effect is blocked by the 'excludes GX and EX' line.

Counter Energy said:
When this card is attached to 1 of your Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-EX) and you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, this card provides 2 Energy of every type.

Last edited:
Raikou/Electrode just got a massive buff. And question, it is 1 Energy providing 2 Energy. Does gardevoir do 30 more or 60? 0:
The effect doesn't apply to EX/GX pokemon, so I would guess it would only receive 30 extra damage from the [C] that it gets.

"and you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent."

Dang, that means you need to take a prize before this card is useful...
If it also worked when your prizes were tied, would be a lot better.
Still a good card, regardless; and it's probably preferable they did it this way.

Make's me wanna use a deck with Kartana's GX attack~
Other way around, your opponent needs to take a prize first. I can see this working well with electrode but there are 0 good non gx electric attackers right now.

Heck yeah, Scramble Energy Jr.! Was hoping we'd get support for non-EX/GX Pokemon at some point. (Particularly evolutions, but I'm not opposed to this working on Basics.)

If you mean Gardevoir-GX, Infinite Force would only be increased by 30 with a Counter Energy attached because the card always provides one Colorless energy regardless and the extra energy effect is blocked by the 'excludes GX and EX' line.
He probably meant if Gardevoir-GX attacked a Pokemon with that card attached to it.

Well ik that's obvious but what if a diff mon has it? Is it 30 or 60?
If it is providing one energy, it counts as one energy. If it's providing two energy, it counts as two.

This card is not good in the Regi deck.

The reason Greninja can consistently be behind on prizes is because it can get into a position where your opponent has a hard time taking prizes on account of you having a bunch of single prize pokemon with high hp, while also being able to do a ton of damage yourself.

Regis have pretty low hp. They can remain even in the prize trade, but if they fall behind, they're much more likely to lose than greninja.

Only way this card is good is if they print some stage 2 with a good attack, but they're not going to do that.

Well ik that's obvious but what if a diff mon has it? Is it 30 or 60?
Ahh, got you. I wasn't thinking about it that way.

As Xeynid said, it would be either 30 or 60 based on whether the effect applies to your opponent as you're using the attack.

Still a good card, regardless; and it's probably preferable they did it this way.

nope its the other way around, it say if you have more prize cards then your opponent it works as 2 rainbow energies. your opponent has to have less prize cards than you. i think people are jumping the gun, it only works if your opponenet has less prize cards than you do. once your equal or have less than your opponenet, this energy wont be useful. i wonder if will just turn into a colorless energy, but it doesnt say anything. which means you must have more prizes than your opponent all the time.

Last edited:

No no. It only works when you are losing

See, the prize rule is already a huge handicap for the card. But you also can't attach it to EX's or GX's? That's just stupid. It has basically no uses unless you play Beacon in like, a Greninja esc deck. I mean, this and Electrode make good partners, but Raikou is dead, and Raichu is already stage 1 heavy. I mean, this, Electrode, and the Egg GX in Raichu just to be cute? IDK anymore man. This set is starting to look like a failed Plasma set copy. And it's not even failing right. Let's hope that the set leaks make up for my feelings toward this set right now.

EDIT: yeah, I'm dumb. I just made it a point that it can't be attached to GX's. I mean, attach it to baby Raikou from SHL?

nope its the other way around, it say if you have more prize cards then your opponent it works as 2 rainbow energies. your opponent has to have less prize cards than you. i think people are jumping the gun, it only works if your opponenet has less prize cards than you do. once your equal or have less than your opponenet, this energy wont be useful. i wonder if will just turn into a colorless energy, but it doesnt say anything. which means you must have more prizes than your opponent all the time.
Counter Energy – Special Energy

This card provides 1 [C] Energy.

When this card is attached to 1 of your Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-EX) and you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, this card provides 2 Energy of every type.

Also, cards that exist to help you catch up are just bad. I get that they made it to help energy ramp non EX/GX attackers, but a non EX/GX deck can pick up prizes just fine on it's own when you're hitting monsters that give up 2 prize cards.

• Counter Energy - Wow, an early-game Energy card that makes EX/GX sucks. Garb loves it, Zoroark, Regis, and Greninja also love it (even though Greninja only relies on Basic Water). 3-4 Geodudes

This card is crazy good for the format of nothing else. It gives a big one up to non ex/gx decks that need a boost

Back