News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Nice and shiny! I will miss the beautiful textured full arts, though. I wished for a full art textured Arcanine EX, but oh well...Hopefully an Arcanine GX will happen?

Lapras, a Pokémon with high HP ingame, has less HP than these other Pokémon?
Keep in mind that Lapras is a basic pokemon, and 190 hp is monstrously high for a basic. The others are evolved stage 1's.

Nice and shiny! I will miss the beautiful textured full arts, though. I wished for a full art textured Arcanine EX, but oh well...Hopefully an Arcanine GX will happen?

Keep in mind that Lapras is a basic pokemon, and 190 hp is monstrously high for a basic. The others are evolved stage 1's.

Ah, Lapras...

It may be flashy, but I'm more interested in what the stage, weakness and resistance looks like from Lulana(along with Solgaleo)-GX, as because of its psychic/ghost typing, it's possible it could be a basic that's resistant to fighting and weak to dark in tcg... If it's a basic and not weak to psychic, but dark, that will give mega mewtwo-ex decks a legitimate tech for STS Despair Ray Mega Gardevoir-EX, as well as a sidekick for next season that will, unless better cards are revealed between now and December, in the case of SM1, and/or now and March, in the case of SM2, make the deck the potential BDIF...

^ FYI, I believe that GXes, including Lapras, are no stronger than current-gen Megas, only that GXes are evolved from a regular pokemon(unless the pokemon's basic already), not a regular EX like what Megas evolve from. However, unless Lulana-GX isn't based off of its ghost-type, that particular GX will become a "own it or lose to it" kind of card(just like the original Mewtwo-EX at the time of BW:NXD, when it was the strongest EX of its time) and Mewtwo-EX usage will skyrocket, along with that of its would-be new SM1 partner-in-crime...

Regardless, the cute full-art look of Lapras-GX shows a perfect change in full-art card appearance!

Last edited:
They look beautiful, good to see a shift in template after so many years

i still hope we will get textured full art of some kind

Me too, I actually don't really like these new ''Chase cards'' assuming they will be. On the bright side though, it will safe me a lot of money if the sets from next gen don't have all these gorgeous cards like the last ones.

Eh, without textured full art Pokémon I don't see a point in collecting the cards anymore. Considering they were what got me into collecting the cards again.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Pinsir - Not Mega Pinsir?!!! Come on!! Nothing too special except for the Throw thing.
  • One Request - REPRINT MUSCLE BAND!!!!

There is another TCG that has Full art everything. I wish Pokemon was like that. It would be nice if all Pokemon cards were full arts!!! Not super rare just full art. I like the full arts here, but have to agree that the textured full arts way cooler, but then again the Japanese cards tend to be different than american in some aspects, so maybe they will be textured when they get here.

Everyone keeps saying they don't look as good as the full art EX cards or they're not textured or whatever but keep in mind these are just the regular GX cards that are supposed to be comparable to regular EX cards, not the full art textured or secret rares we have now. There is still a chance we get some chase rare versions it has a cool effect.

The trainer card formatting will take some getting used to, but for the most part I like it. Nest Ball will definitely be taking up some slots in decks. Its versatility is very nice, and I for one can't wait to get my hands on it.

The trainer card formatting will take some getting used to, but for the most part I like it. Nest Ball will definitely be taking up some slots in decks. Its versatility is very nice, and I for one can't wait to get my hands on it.
new decks will run 4 nest ball 2 ultra ball lol

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Litten- I think I already see that.
  • Torracat - Nothing too special.
  • Nest Ball - Competitively useful! Because of this, we are no longer slaves of 4 Ultra Ball running in most decks. Yay! But do not use this on your Shaymins. I will use this for sure. Plus, I planned to make a SM-on deck in advance. Thanks, Nest Ball!
  • What I want? MUSCLE BAND!!!! Professor Kukui that functions like Sycamore.

Back