'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Would you be able to Blacksmith them?
edit: Ninja'd

Still a damn good card though.

The affect doesn't specify Active Pokemon only, so you can keep it on the bench and it ignores half the energy removal Abilities/Trainers.

Toss AOR Flareon into a Dragon deck and this could see some use.

Lots of potential, but it's tempered because most Fire regen abilities target the basic Fire energy. I'm unwilling to call it good game design, but I'll say the Pokemon Lab stumbled onto a great fluke.

Last edited:
Ah, oh well. Oddly enough none of the Pokemon in my Fire deck discard energy for attacks. I've been wanting to try out Camerupt-EX though. This will be good for it.

Honestly, I'd be hesitant running this in my Camerupt-ex deck. This cannot be brought back after a sycamore, ultra ball discard, enhanced hammer, etc. The problem being that for each special fire energy, you're running one less basic fire energy. Running more than 1-2 is probably a waste of space due to the current meta. As soon as consistency cards move from draw-focus to search-focus and hammers are rotated out... maybe then.

So wait, can this apply to an electric Pokemon while Flareon is in play??
Keep in mind, Flareon only affects Stage 1 mons. There aren't really any XY-on Lightning types that can benefit from Burning energy + Flareon, save maybe for Circle Circuit Raichu, but it would be an interesting strategy if the right non-fire mon is there.

Something like XY Starmie, who discards one energy to recover all damage, except actually usable.

Why would they make this Gengar. its way too easy to get the KO effect with a cheap cost of 1 or 2 energy. I might sit this format out too if this becomes a problem.

- The affect doesn't specify Active Pokemon only, so you can keep it on the bench and it ignores half the energy removal Abilities/Trainers.

- Toss AOR Flareon into a Dragon deck and this could see some use.

- Unfortunately, the effect aplies only if you're discarding the energy as part of an attack requirement, so if it gets hammered or something, it won't go back to the pokémon.

- Not really. Most evolved Dragon-types are Stage 2s, and the ones that aren't are either used in supportive roles (Altaria), don't discard energy or are simply weak. The only one I can remember right now that can make use of it is the new Noivern but it already needs two different types of energy. Unless you use a DDE and one of Burning energy, which is risky, it's not really worth it...

I remember when I played TGC back in the day, the deck I ran in the Diamond and Pearl days was the Cro-Gar deck. Gengar X and Team Plasma Crobat, I loved it so much. This new card with the already Crobat is so much like D&P. I am excited to see what people will do and hopefully my old deck will come back into play.

Noivern's Boomburst deals 30 damage to all opposing pokes and requires a psychic energy to work. Switch into Gengar while using Crobats in the background to ensure that they can't heal fast enough, Creep Show their party into oblivion.

I really want to make this.

This'll work with any Stage 1 Pokemon with AOR Flareon, so that's really neat.

The only Fire-type Megas we haven't seen yet are Blaziken and Houndoom so I'm anticipating one of the two here.

Or Charizard again because we all know how much they love Charizard.

- Unfortunately, the effect aplies only if you're discarding the energy as part of an attack requirement, so if it gets hammered or something, it won't go back to the pokémon.

- Not really. Most evolved Dragon-types are Stage 2s, and the ones that aren't are either used in supportive roles (Altaria), don't discard energy or are simply weak. The only one I can remember right now that can make use of it is the new Noivern but it already needs two different types of energy. Unless you use a DDE and one of Burning energy, which is risky, it's not really worth it...
Team Flare Grunt and Crawdaunt target the Active. If it gets hammered/Xerosic'd then it's gone, and I never said otherwise. Not sure about most discard requirements on Fire types, but Camerupt EX can discard from anything, so you can somewhat protect it on the bench.

And yeah, I always forget that the Eeveelutions only affect Stage 1s.

Team Flare Grunt and Crawdaunt target the Active. If it gets hammered/Xerosic'd then it's gone, and I never said otherwise. Not sure about most discard requirements on Fire types, but Camerupt EX can discard from anything, so you can somewhat protect it on the bench.

And yeah, I always forget that the Eeveelutions only affect Stage 1s.
You can't place place it on Ancient Trait Magcargo and get any benefit since Burn Energy says the effect is on the Pokemon the card is attached to.

Okay, it may work on Camerupt-EX, but placing at least 3 or 4 of them on it (to use the attack repeatedly) may be veeery slooow... and the opponent likes it.

This'll work with any Stage 1 Pokemon with AOR Flareon, so that's really neat.

The only Fire-type Megas we haven't seen yet are Blaziken and Houndoom so I'm anticipating one of the two here.

Or Charizard again because we all know how much they love Charizard.

There is an M Blaziken EX (Japanese only currently, XY-P Promo), but no M Camerupt EX, just a regular Camerupt EX. I think M Houndoom EX is more likely though, considering how recent Camerupt EX was.

Man this looks really good on paper but I think its actually just bad. I wish it did something with the Burn condition instead.

They had no problems making the Strong Energy OP as hell, I dont know why they cant show a little love to the fire pokemon.

It also isn't limited to one per use, so some big fire attacks get an instant recharge. Silent Lab an Aegislash or Hex Maniac a Beautifly and you can have a devastating chain of attacks going.

Noivern's Boomburst deals 30 damage to all opposing pokes and requires a psychic energy to work. Switch into Gengar while using Crobats in the background to ensure that they can't heal fast enough, Creep Show their party into oblivion.

I really want to make this.

You think you'd be able to successfully run 2 stage 2 lines and a stage 1 in this format?

Back