Worst storyline.

I completely forgot about Twilight. Maybe it would be better if Edward would suck blood and could turn into a bat. Shouldn't Edward die in the sun and turn into ashes. I saw New Moon once but why do they constantly have to make the werewolf guy take off his shirt. WTF! Every time I say something bad about Twilight at school a girl kicks me. I could go on all day about this but I won't.

@Zenith I take back everything I ever said about you and hold a place in my heart for you only reserved for Jesus and my cat.

Getting back on topic, Dragon Quest IX. I wasn't expecting Shakespeare from it, but they made the story bland in so many ways it just wasn't interesting to follow. In the end, I just finished to because I felt obligated, considering that I got halfway through it before it was released.

Super Smash Bros Brawl tried to add a storyline with the Subspace Emissary, but it ended up seeming like a cheesy fan-fiction.

The one that had the "So bad it's good" storyline was Elite Beat Agents. Government Cheerleaders sing Madona and help a random teenager babysit while doing nothing it all.

And then of course, there's Evergrace. The best thing about the game (Arguably the only thing good about it) is that you could skip the cut-scenes.

EDIT: There was a part here where I listed off great games with amazing storyline in a sarcastic attempt to be humorous, but it was taken seriously. Many facepalms were had.

And, although I do throughly agree with the statements said, Twilight. Really? That's beating a dead horse at this point. We're aware of the fact that it's an unholy book only enjoyed by those with an IQ less than that of a jar of pickles, but it's all been done before.

Even though we're talking about things we don't like... this kinda should go in the entertainment area *clicky*

As for me, I'm fine with games that admit that they have no story. When it comes to things like Pokemon, however, I rage. For AGES NOW, Pokemon has tried to say "we have a story... it just centers around the same thing every time". I'm fine with like Mario where they joke about it and never mention peach until the end boss. Mario games admit that their writers were just in for an easy buck. Pokemon, however, spends HOURS OF EPISODES doing absolutaly nothing, then they come to the bad guys, beat them, and move on. There is no real skill in the writing (Wuv me some jelly donuts). The games are even worse. They call themselves RPG, but there is no real role to play. You just beat the generic story mode, unlock a meaty content area, and forget that you ever collected badges, beat bad guys, or beat the E4. Just pathetic. You know its bad when fan fics written by 10 y/o kids are better than the actual story of a ROLE PLAYING GAME or a 600something episode anime.

I have to agree with Setzer on some things. The games/movies that admit they have terrible and unskilled writers are often better for their story. He presents a perfect example of EBA which had no logic or reason to it. It was just so IDCIMMADOWHATIWANT that it worked.

I actually am one of the smaller haters of the game, but Metroid: Other M really dissapointed me. I was just about the only Metroid fan that liked getting more of a storyline, but it ended up pretty bad, cheesy and clunky...

However that still doesn't justify saying "This voice acting is terrible! Samus is socially person!" since she should be, considering she's a lone bounty hunter who seems to never talk and has almost never interacted with living humans. Sakamoto actually wanted the voice actor to say the lines with little emotion.

But even worse are the "Why does Samus need to have weapons authorized by Adam? She shouldn't have to, that's sexist! Blahblah..." There's nothing sexist about that at all. It's a much better explanation for not having yoru full godly arsenal from the last game than crashing into a wall, or not having any explanation at all. He IS her former commanding officer, the commander of this mission who says she'll need to follow his orders to tag along, and a father figure to her as well. It's not sexist, it's following orders and respecting them. And as I said, the game would be boring if you just start with everything, and Sakamoto said he wanted a better reason than "It's just a videogame." That aside, it was an awakward way of gameplay and much worse than classic exploration and finding items...

Sorry to get sidetracked. I do think that the story was pretty terrible, but I get irritated by fans ranting about things they shouldn't be and making the game seem even worse. It was a great game, but a bad Metroid game.

Pokémon in general. See Zero's post. I'm sure loads of people here could write great amine episodes which would vary greatly, but instead they have practically the same thing every time.

Pokemon Ranger: The Temple of the Sea (was that 9?) was just so unfathomably bad. DragonQuest IX, as others have said, had SUCH a worthless storyline. It's good if your into roleplaying and what-not because you create your own characters. Pokemon games, IMO, don't need a storyline. The fun comes from the great battle system, the bright, colorful graphics, the good design, and the post-game content.

Also: Mother 3, Persona 4, The World Ends With You.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, from what I've heard, those storylines are actually decent. ._.

Especially Mother and TWEWY.

As for pokemon, I only like the early stuff, like the first 3 seasons. I can agree with you on the rest though. It's probabaly because I hate Ashe's new voice now. ;_; And no Misty either. >.<

And then, kill me, Kingdom Hearts, The first and CoM were great. But then we got onto KHII, and Days, and they absolutely sucked. Xion, well, let's not go into that. She wasn't terrible - the plot of Days was absolutely wretched. KHII, everything was so freakin' boring, except for the addition of the organization- cause they're awesome like that.

Setzer (Harry) said:
Also: Mother 3, Persona 4, The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright...

I don't have an idea why you hate the Persona 4 storyline. Really I don't. The Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series usually have a great storyline. (I know 4 has a storyline , been watching thing about it on youtube.)

I have to agree with Twilight. I hate the book series so much. I could rant for hours on this subject, seriously hours. I really won't go into details, but Twilight was what started the "dumbing" down of Young Adult Literature.

I really don't get why Phoenix Wright is on the list of worst story line. Phoenix Wright is another one of those games with great gameplay and a really decent storyline. All the cases have their own story line of their own that add on to the big piciture and each of them introduce new characters and have character development.

What I find really bad though is the new Beyblade series. The main character is just a sue. A sue with a tragic past. The fact of the matter is that the whole series is about the guy getting so called "revenge" for his father because he was killed by some evil dude. The new one ruins the image Beyblade had worked so hard to create, and don't get me started on the English dub version.

~NZ

I agree, they ruined Beyblade for me. I used to play with my friends and everything, *sob*. Nobody's said anything about Modern Warfare 2's unbeleivebly stupid storyline. Then again, I think I'm one of the only ones here who play it.

@ Negative Zero I was kidding about Persona 4 having a bad storyline. And all of those games.

Though I have to say, some of the SMT games had sub-par storylines. The first Shin Megami Tensei games for the SNES had a really simplistic and almost cheesy storyline. In the first one, you literary punch both Demons and Angles in the face over real-estate. The second one literitly ends with "Hey god! (I love you with a burning passion/think you're a jerk/ don't care for the other side, but really don't care for you either), but I don't like spaceships. I'ma gonna kill you now." Strange Journey for the DS was also sub-par which was a huge disappointment.

And then of course, there's Demikids. The SMT game for kids. People accuse Pokemon of supporting demons, but these people out right go out and say they are, and not a single Christian group complained.

Also: Most fighting games. Mortal Kombat, Teken, Super Smash Bros, ect.

@Umbreon1997
Men in Black Part One and Two, I hate that series, it's just a generic repeating poorly-animated series of movies. The acting is terrible, and I feel really uncomfortable just typing about the movie.

Really? I liked them.

The game storylines I absolutely hated were FF8, Grandia 3, and FF7...especially FF7.

FF8. Never finished it, but the story was slow and boring and the gameplay was worse

Grandia 3 was just like an acid trip...like .Hack, only done badly and with no actual characterization.

I used to like FF7 until I finally realized that the villains made no sense, and the few characters I liked are either attracted to the abomination that is Cloud, or mostly ignored in the grand scheme of things, like Barret. Shinra was a good attempt at a villain, but kind of degraded into something the game designers just stopped caring. For instance both presidents aren't killed by you. Cloud is an annoying *insert degrading insult here* and not really interesting. Aeris was an annoying important Mary Sue. Jenova was just kind of shoved aside, as was most of the 'Ancients' sub-plot which could have been its own game just like Shinra. Lastly Sephiroth is arguably the worst antagonist ever. He wants to become a god, but wants to destroy the only things that would acknowledge him as one with a meteor. He himself gets only one actual scene of being a bad guy in a flashback as the rest of the time he's replaced by a clone, and his motivation for being evil is because...he thinks his mom Jenova would like it? He's just stupid and relatively annoying, and I could rant about this game for about two or more hours, and its incarnations for even longer. But what was truly disappointing about this game wasn't what it is, but how many times you see something that could be good dumped for something more simplistic, watered down and just lame.

Anime wise I hate Yu-gi-oh, Rosario Vampire, Naruto, and Pokemon from Johto season on.

Yu-gi-oh was just boring, simply put.

Rosario was just filled with too much fanservice for me to truly enjoy

Naruto focuses on the most annoying characters I have ever seen. It has lame plot devices. It's motivation for characters is just stupid, and just overly obnoxious.

Pokemon's First season was excellent, it had good lessons, interesting plots, cruel tear-jerking moments (seriously 'Bye Bye Butterfree' case and point) and was just impressive by Kid show standards, second season started to slump, and Johto on was just simply 'showcase a pokemon time' and it took four seasons to accomplish what was accomplished in season one. (However I did like the Battle Frontier saga)

Movie wise I just haven't seen many worth complaint and same goes for books.

From what I've heard Twilight is terrible.

@zero, I thought I was the only one who disliked the pokemon games' stories, but I must admit that they are getting better.
I can't stand the anime or any of the movies since the first two movies. The Deoxys one and Heroes werent that bad, but I have stopped bothering to watch them after the Jirachi movie.
I cant stand the old yu-gi-oh anime, but i havent seen the new one so it might have gotten better but I doubt it.
Oh yeah, I can't stand any kind of canon fanfic, they ruin my favorite books for me

Last Rebellion for playstation3.I'm dizzy already @.@It's like,the main character tries to kill his brother,He ends up dead by his brother controlling their father.He is then brought back to life and teams up with a medic and they go off to destroy gods and goddesses as well as the brother to a plot that goes nowhere.HOPE you caught all that

Saw 3D. Awful storyline. What was left of the storyline was jammed into the last 15 minutes of the movie. It's all about the money now :/

Zenith said:
If we're talking about Pokemon movies, we can also add 4, 9, 11, and 12. All of those were pretty bad.

Personally I liked 11, but I agree with the rest.

Also for worst storyline I'm going to say Link: Faces of Evil (a CD-I game). The storyline starts out with Link being bored, I'll let you guess the rest.

Back