Dragon Pokemon Return to the TCG: 'Sky Stream' & 'Towering Perfection' Revealed!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Duraludon: Wide Breaker > Breaking Swipe, a move that a lot of Dragon Pokemon get by TM.

Given the context of the attack and Dragonite's design, Dragonite's attack should be called "Dragon Gale".

Turtonator: Trap Shell > Shell Trap. its signature move. Heat Stamp > Heat Crash, one of its TR moves.

More to come as article is updated.

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
This is dumb. It makes no sense to delete Fairy because there are too many types but leave Dragon in limbo for 2 years only to bring it back. Dragon being deleted affected the game the least of any type being gone if they wanted to streamline the types. There's no Dragon energy card, nothing is weak to Dragon, there's already 15 years of precedence for Dragons being Colorless before they added the type. If they left Fairy in too I wouldn't be complaining about this, but to delete only Fairy and not Dragon is irritating.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
#1 APPLETUUUUUUN MY APPLE BOI!!!!

#2 Rayquaza VMAX looks like it has a pretty bow

#3 ??

#4 Drampa looks like he was hit point blank with a Kamehameha

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I could see Dragonite V being played with Melony to help get it going. Hold up Dragons are getting their own Brooklet Hill? So glad ADP is rotating and I don't play Expanded very much but Mega Ray will appreciate it though.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos - if Eelektrik was good, this Flaaffy will be good. The devs made a mistake of bringing this thing back in standard. 2/5/2
  • Rayquaza V/VMAX - Despite being incompatible with RSE, the Rayquaza VMAX gives a revival to the famous Ray Eels deck in 2012. This is the perfect way to use Spiral Energy to allow you to run 1 type of basic energy. 5/5
  • Noivern V - too bad, ghost Caly won't help you. 3
  • Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon - forever be bad. 2/2/2-3
  • Applin/Appletun/Flapple - a single energy attack makes it a perfect fit for Zoroark's ability and acts as a surprise attack. 3/4-5
  • Dialga - 3 energy and low dmg is not an excuse for a playable SS pokemon. 3
  • Dragonite V - I wish you were a SS pokemon. 3-4
  • Raihan - another card that either help you get a comeback win or will lose you the game, since it is commonly run as a 1-of. 3-4
  • Zinnia's Resolve - another version of Honey whether it will draw you cards like Hop or not. 3-4
  • Stormy Mountain - gives a decent Pokemon search for L and N types. at least L won't be sad by the loss of L tricks. 4
  • Drampa/Turtonator - why did you exist? 2/2
  • Crystal Cave - Dragon type Rough Seas. 4
  • Altaria - 1-1 line in any decks... or even if you run Zoroark. I told ya before on Zoroark. 2/4-5
  • Duraludon V/VMAX - a wall. 3/3-4

Last edited:

AcePlayz

Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
We need a dialga V/Vmax, Palkia V/Vmax, Giratina V/Vmax, and an Arceus V/Vmax

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Dynamotor is fine being back in Standard now that PikaRom is going to rotate. Forgot that Ray V/VMax was a RS Pokemon so that is fun. I think I found my new deck to play when it gets released.

It can but it can't.

Melony only specifies that it has to be a Pokemon V not a water type.

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
So, inb4 Duraludon VMAX is actually translated, but it's either going to be really good or really bad. Also, is it just me, or is Appletun kind of busted? Like, sure, it's got some terrible matchups against decks that don't rely on abilities, but looking post-rotation, I genuinely don't see that many of those outside of a mirror match since Green's and Surge's rotate, outside of Ice Rider Calyrex, maybe (also, they did flapple dirty *again* by literally just making it a worse version). Finally, Meta-Ray comes back, yay; but first, does Flaaffy pull from deck or discard? The current translation (search discard, then shuffle deck) is confusing.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Duraludon VMax looks... terrifying. Both wall and wallbreaker rolled into one. Just gotta work with that energy cost. Maybe use Bronzong so you have something to saucer to, move energy using, keep your Duraludon healed with Cheryl, and be a single prizer which isn't a big target for walled out special energy users?

Last edited:

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
What was the point of removing Dragon type in the first place? Was it only so people are hype about this set?

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Duraludon VMax is busted!
Also, Flaafy's ability has to be mistranslated, right?

Sakura150612

Aspiring Trainer
Duraludon VMax is busted!
Also, Flaafy's ability has to be mistranslated, right?
Yeah, it's mistranslated. It says something closer to "Once per turn, choose a lightning energy from your discard pile and attach it to one of your benched pokemon". There's nothing about "searching" or "shuffling your deck" in the original text.