'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

I love that PTCG has decided to bring back level ball, and even better, we get a secret rare. Obviously, it won’t have the power it used to, do to power creep.
I also love that Alternate Art Rapid Strike Urishfu VMAX. (It has a bunch of me on it!)

Is it currently known how Phoebe interacts with abilities that are active on the bench, but affect your opponent's Active Pokemon? As an example, would it ignore the +60 HP granted by Vaporeon CEC's Vitality Cheer, even though it's an ability from the bench affecting the active and not an ability from the active?

Is it currently known how Phoebe interacts with abilities that are active on the bench, but affect your opponent's Active Pokemon? As an example, would it ignore the +60 HP granted by Vaporeon CEC's Vitality Cheer, even though it's an ability from the bench affecting the active and not an ability from the active?

Hi Falling Skies,

Phoebe
Trainer - supporter
During this turn, damage from the attacks of your Pokémon Vmax aren’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s active Pokémon.

Another way to read this card is: Damage from your Pokémon Vmax cannot be altered by any effects on your opponent's active Pokémon.

This means that your own effects may alter the damage your Pokémon Vmax does to the active Pokémon. However your opponent's effects that apply to their active Pokémon may not alter the amount of damage you do to their active Pokémon. Vaporeon GX does not alter the damage the opponent does to your active pokémon. it merely increases its HP. A similar argument can be made for tools that increase HP. Since they do not alter the amount of damage done they still work as inteded. By contrast tools and effects that reduce damage such as Metal Googles do not work when the opponent played Phoebe. The same holds true for any abilities that reduce or entirely prevent damage done to the active Pokémon that is attacked after the opponent played Phoebe.

Hope this helps.

I love the choices of promos here. I'd be happy with any of them, but I think Cherrim would be the one I'd want to get the most.

I really hope the Cherrim features the Overcast Cherrim! We've only ever gotten 1 card with that form, and it's adorable ;-;

Good old Victreebel / Ninetales is back as Weepinbell / Salazzle! In fact, in Expanded, I can see Victreebel / Salazzle with this Weepinbell in the middle being a really cool deck!

And man am I loving that Weepinbell art haha! Salazzle too, honestly, a lot of this sets art is excellent.

I think you mean Flareon EX (delta species) and Ariados (unseen forces)

see: my username

Good thing no collectible promo Pokemon like a Charizard popular kind. Glad this is more for the players considering how Vivid Voltage increased their costs of kits

The way the hobby shop I go to is stopping scalpers is quite smart but pretty funny, each build and battle box cost £4000 but on the product page there is a code that can only be used once per customer that gives you £3975 off! If you try buying more than one at a time you'll end up paying, literally!

The way the hobby shop I go to is stopping scalpers is quite smart but pretty funny, each build and battle box cost £4000 but on the product page there is a code that can only be used once per customer that gives you £3975 off! If you try buying more than one at a time you'll end up paying, literally!
still cheaper than buying from scalpers

Smart but annoying for those who usually buy 2 or 3 so they can open more packs early.

Oh now that’s smart. ReedPop did a similar thing when they were selling some NYCC-exclusive Funko Pops, only the codes were given out via a lottery (due to the items being a numbered limited edition) and the price without codes was a whopping $10,000,000 USD each.

Back