'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

huupie2

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with that to be honest.
Lillie was pretty similar, but the only reason it was played (from my amateur player guess) was because it could easily draw up to 8 cards turn 1. Not to mention the fact we had Tapu Lele-GX and Ultra Ball. Ever since the new turn 1 rules and rotation came out, it saw little to no play at all, even in Expanded.

It being a rapid strike card will make it searchable with octillery though. Might be a good supporter to play in small quanitity if you run octillery.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
If decks play Octillery then they will potentially play a 1 or 2 of Korinna to prevent from dead drawing imo. If you have no hand you can search it with sushi master and then draw your hand back up.
This is pokemon. If you have a bad hand it's because you have a hand full of dead cards, not because you don't have a hand. It is too easy to draw cards in general to make Korinna worth it even with Octillery

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
It being a rapid strike card will make it searchable with octillery though. Might be a good supporter to play in small quanitity if you run octillery.
Actually, that could be possible. I just think it won’t see a lot of play since we have better draw power now thanks to Dedenne, Magnolia, etc., but who knows? Maybe the Strike cards will change the meta a little bit.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
What about the Full Art Ultra Rare V’s? What about the Rainbow Rares? Where have they gone?

Oh. Sorry. Should’ve read that. I just thought they said they’d reveal ‘em all by Tuesday.

Why use this Korrina when you can Crobat and then play another supporter...? It's literally the same effect.
Good point, but to be fair, not everyone wants to spend $15 a piece for a card that’s most likely going to give the opponent two or three extra prize cards anyways. A lot of people don’t mind, but I prefer not to spend a lot on my decks if possible. It IS one of the best cards in the format, but people still have personal preferences and budgets.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I can't just look at these stunning (as always) FAs and not say something! Phoebe's TCG debut looks to be one riddled with Waifu Taxes aplenty, and I really don't mind, because the colors and lighting of Phoebe's FA are just delightful! I assume Phoebe is Kagemaru Himeno's doing, so that's another score for the mistress of Pokemon TCG art!

Let's not count out our favorite Roller Girl, either! I love how dynamic Korrina's new FA is; She's clearly skating on water, the training ground for Rapid Strikers, but it almost seems we've caught her in the middle of her slipping and falling (much like her official art)! The trend of SWSH FA Supporters depicting them in actual locales rather than flashy backgrounds really lends itself well to FAs like Korrina's! Superb art all around!

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Actually, that could be possible. I just think it won’t see a lot of play since we have better draw power now thanks to Dedenne, Magnolia, etc., but who knows? Maybe the Strike cards will change the meta a little bit.
I think Dedenne rotates out this summer? We may need more draw support to fill the gaps.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I see Korrina as a 1-of easily. Searchability is no joke, and after you get sized down by Reset Stamp or Marnie you can recover even if your hand is less than stellar. People didn't use Bianca or Lillie as much because 1. There were far better supporters to use and 2. Better cards to search. Octillery is already giving you value by searching energy and control tools, may as well add an extra consistency one to your deck.

Alolan Ninetales
90 HP (W) Type
Poké-Body: Nine Allures
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard 2 (W) Energy cards from your hand. If you do, switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with his or her active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (C)(C)(C) Color Coordination 50+
If this Pokémon has any basic Energy attached to it that are the same type as the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.
Okay, so maybe this isn’t the most original card in the set, combining the effects of two separate Kantonian Ninetales, but I think it has the potential to be an interesting card. It’s Poké-Body (similar to Ninetales’ ability from Team Up) makes it an ideal support Pokémon for Water decks, and it’s Color Coordination (copying the attack of the same name known by Ninetales from Legendary Treasures) has the potential to inspire some unusual combos. Say, that gives me a idea for Eevee...

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I think these cards are ok

not meta breaking, but not unplayable either

korrina will be played in a 2-of in decks with octillery to prevent against reset stamp

the other one will be played if that funny stall deck starts to make waves on the format

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Really love the Tyranitar and Empoleon, hope we keep getting stuff that great.

Could that person have found a worse angle for the Octillery picture? :p