'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
Ehy7JPTXYAAg11J

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like the render just fine but I do wish they'd make the background a more fitting color. Something like a dark blue would contrast a lot more with Pikachu and the lightning in the background would work a lot better than...Pinkish red. I dunno, it seems this generation they pull backgrounds for their full arts out of a hat or something, almost none of them fit the Pokemon in question.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
All those awkward times when Charizard kept stealing Pikachu's thunder (pun half-intended)... I'm so happy to see that the true mascot is finally getting his moment in the sun with this beautiful Full Art! It's about time Charizard was put in it's place!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
-Insert my obligatory comment about Leon's terrible character design here because I couldn't think of anything witty to say here-

HJZ

Aspiring Trainer
Oh darn, no Nessa Full art huh..

Do any sets have more than 2 full art supporters ever? I seem to remember it's usually 2 max.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I like the render just fine but I do wish they'd make the background a more fitting color. Something like a dark blue would contrast a lot more with Pikachu and the lightning in the background would work a lot better than...Pinkish red. I dunno, it seems this generation they pull backgrounds for their full arts out of a hat or something, almost none of them fit the Pokemon in question.

This is exactly why I've always had my hot take of thinking the SM-era full arts were better. There was a least a consistency and theme to them, while the SWSH ones mostly have splashes of color that don't fit or main backgrounds that don't look right with the Pokemon.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This is exactly why I've always had my hot take of thinking the SM-era full arts were better. There was a least a consistency and theme to them, while the SWSH ones mostly have splashes of color that don't fit or main backgrounds that don't look right with the Pokemon.
Honestly I'm in that camp now too, as crazy as that sounds from me. Started around the time Rebel Clash came out. Sun and Moon has that consistency, like you said, whereas SwSh's are a huge mixed bag. I like some of them, SwSh base in general was okay, especially the legendaries. As it went on though, it's starting to just get...Weird? Like, pink backgrounds for Inteleon, Rhyperior is in the Rainbow Dimension, and Centiskorch is behind a blue and green background that looks like a wave of water. It bothers me especially since they're capable of having fitting backgrounds. Just look at, I dunno, every single Full Art from BW and XY?? It's so disappointing since I think overall most of the V full arts have better renders than a lot of GX's, but they're not being done any justice.

The basic full arts from Gen 7 have definitely grown on me over the years as I gain more of them and see them all together, it's a cool consistent little part of a binder. (At least if you organize by type. By set? Not so much). Not the best thing out there but definitely not the worst. I don't and never will like them as much as EX's, but I can appreciate what they are. Same with Hidden Fates shinies which despite how hard they are to collect I really do like seeing them all together.

Last edited:

Clam

Almost decent
I just want XY full arts back they look so much better why cant we have good full art cards for the GX and V pokemon. I very much liked the tag team alt arts I want more of that sorta thing

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I just want XY full arts back they look so much better why cant we have good full art cards for the GX and V pokemon. I very much liked the tag team alt arts I want more of that sorta thing

So long as it's not 5Ban, count me in.

The alternative arts basically could be considered regular artwork if 5Ban would stop making the rest of the designs. People praise the artwork from Expedition and the like because 5Ban nor any 3D was used.

Clam

Almost decent
So long as it's not 5Ban, count me in.

The alternative arts basically could be considered regular artwork if 5Ban would stop making the rest of the designs. People praise the artwork from Expedition and the like because 5Ban nor any 3D was used.
TBH I dont mind 3D but I think 5Ban is just so bland that people have a bitter taste to 3d art

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Bea looks like she's ready to kick arse. Nessa locks like a KPop star who got plastic surgery in South Korea but will deny having gotten plastic surgery lol