Finished Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
@TheAquaPiplup @GM DracLord I should be basically confirmed town now so you two should vote eachother. If you have any questions or doubts about me feel free to ask but I pushed Shaymin the whole day when it would've been easier to push either of you so you two should just be confirmed scum from the other's perspective.

I'd like for both of you to give me a detailed narration of your thought process and decision making this game and how your actions come from a town perspective.
Also, Piplup needs to answer all the questions I've asked them.

I have some stuff I need to work on so I probably won't post more until tomorrow but I'll do my best to reread the game and analyze later in the phase.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
@TheAquaPiplup @GM DracLord I should be basically confirmed town now so you two should vote eachother. If you have any questions or doubts about me feel free to ask but I pushed Shaymin the whole day when it would've been easier to push either of you so you two should just be confirmed scum from the other's perspective.

I'd like for both of you to give me a detailed narration of your thought process and decision making this game and how your actions come from a town perspective.
Also, Piplup needs to answer all the questions I've asked them.

I have some stuff I need to work on so I probably won't post more until tomorrow but I'll do my best to reread the game and analyze later in the phase.

##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup

NP, if this were a larger game, you pushing TLS wouldn't clear you one bit as sacrifice is normal in bigger game. Hence I wouldn't be to paranoid and suspect you on this last day. In short my though process is trying to get back to the game, and post as how I see other post, comment if I know what to say. Using my gut feeling to a certain extent. I wouldn't say it was easier to push me n piplup rather then TLS, if I put myself in your shoe, the 3 of us could be easily be lynched yesterday though. ..

I don't know how bad is Piplup internet connection, day schedule or if he is trying to minimise his presence if at all.

NinjaPenguin

Taking this moment to 100% confirm myself as town because if I was scum I would hammer Piplup right here and win the game. So now @TheAquaPiplup it's mech confiemed from your point of view that @GM DracLord is scum and vice versa.

I'll post thoughts later but I'm busy right now. Piplup please post literally anything k thx.

NinjaPenguin

##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup

NP, if this were a larger game, you pushing TLS wouldn't clear you one bit as sacrifice is normal in bigger game. Hence I wouldn't be to paranoid and suspect you on this last day. In short my though process is trying to get back to the game, and post as how I see other post, comment if I know what to say. Using my gut feeling to a certain extent. I wouldn't say it was easier to push me n piplup rather then TLS, if I put myself in your shoe, the 3 of us could be easily be lynched yesterday though. ..

I don't know how bad is Piplup internet connection, day schedule or if he is trying to minimise his presence if at all.
Why didn't you vote yesterday? If you're town, you know that scum would have half the votes and could have forced a tie for the game then.
I get being suspicious of an early hammer but if you're town that could have instantly thrown the game away.

Can you talk me through your read on TLS and how that evolved throughout the game?

NinjaPenguin

@TheAquaPiplup, here's a list of questions/requests you still haven't responded to:
(Response to post #215)
Why did you use to think I could be scum?
Why did you see an Ephe vote as reasonable?

I'd like for you to give me a detailed narration of your thought process and decision making this game and how your actions come from a town perspective.

Additionally, here are a couple of extra questions:
Why did you end up voting TLS yesterday? What did you think when TLS voted Drac?

A reminder: If you're town you have an internal thought process of what you see as townie/scummy and I'm never going to find you if I can't see your internal monologue transferred to the page.
One word answers don't help me but bleeding your entire thought process does. I want to see how you got to a conclusion, not what the conclusion was, if that makes sense.

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
@TheAquaPiplup, here's a list of questions/requests you still haven't responded to:
(Response to post #215)
Why did you use to think I could be scum?
Why did you see an Ephe vote as reasonable?

I'd like for you to give me a detailed narration of your thought process and decision making this game and how your actions come from a town perspective.

Additionally, here are a couple of extra questions:
Why did you end up voting TLS yesterday? What did you think when TLS voted Drac?

A reminder: If you're town you have an internal thought process of what you see as townie/scummy and I'm never going to find you if I can't see your internal monologue transferred to the page.
One word answers don't help me but bleeding your entire thought process does. I want to see how you got to a conclusion, not what the conclusion was, if that makes sense.
I though you were scum because you were leading the game and in another game I played the person who led the game was scum however now you seem more like town.
So we wouldn’t have a tie however I will admit I should’ve unvoted when I saw shaymin vote but that’s a mistake on my part.
Ok so in the beginning of the game I thought you and maybe jade could’ve been scum I say this because I was expecting that one of the scum to be cop and that there was a chance that one of the cops lied and said that they were town after shaymin hammered though I suspected that he and drac were scum.
I voted TLS yesterday because I suspected he was scum and as he was scum he should be removed.
I didn’t think anything about it.

##VOTE: GM DracLord

NinjaPenguin

Thanks for that Piplup. I don't really think I have any more questions for you specifically; just wanted to say thanks for letting me see more of your thought process and regardless of your alignment please always post like that (if not even more detailed) in future games. It's impossible to solve as a town without everyone going beyond the surface level so thank you for that.

I have a weird WIFOMy question for both of you, but I'd like you to answer it anyways: if you were scum with TLS, who would you frame before the game started, who would you kill on the first night, and who would you kill on the second night? Why?

I'm probably going to reread the thread tomorrow and cast my vote then. I likely won't speak much until then but I promise to give a good wall/explanation when I vote. If you guys have stuff you think I should look at, any last words, questions for me, cases on the other, etc. please say so in that time or tell me you need more time.
Whoever the townie is: I promise I'm doing my best to find you and I'm really sorry if I make a mistake. Please don't hold it against me if I do <3

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Why didn't you vote yesterday? If you're town, you know that scum would have half the votes and could have forced a tie for the game then.
I get being suspicious of an early hammer but if you're town that could have instantly thrown the game away.

Can you talk me through your read on TLS and how that evolved throughout the game?

I messed up my timing, was a bit busy with preparing food for Eid during my non-working hours that I forgot the login to revote. Earlier it's for early hammer prevention by the time I'm confident to vote, the above mention happen .

NinjaPenguin

Sorry guys, the time I was planning to use to reread the thread got sidetracked with technology problems. I'll probably vote tomorrow morning; in the mean time please respond to my question k thx.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Official Day 3 Vote Count
--- --- ---
1. Ephemera - Lynched D1, Vanilla Townie
2. Jadethepokemontrainer - Killed N1, Town Cop
3. The Last Shaymin - Lynched D2, Mafia Framer
4. scattered mind -
Killed N2, Town Cop
5. TheAquaPiplup - GM Draclord
6. NinjaPenguin -
7. GM Draclord - TheAquaPiplup
--- --- ---
Tally:
GM Draclord - 1
TheAquaPiplup - 1
--- --- ---

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
NinjaPenguin said: ↑
I have a weird WIFOMy question for both of you, but I'd like you to answer it anyways: if you were scum with TLS, who would you frame before the game started, who would you kill on the first night, and who would you kill on the second night? Why?

Probably pick randomly for first night. as theres no particular reason to pick anyone... if we played like this (cop reveal) i would choose either cop, since seeing both of them equally beneficial target.. 2nd night, i would probably picked li the scum did n eliminate the last cop.. that would be basic instint to remove all confirmed town..

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

Probably pick randomly for first night. as theres no particular reason to pick anyone... if we played like this (cop reveal) i would choose either cop, since seeing both of them equally beneficial target.. 2nd night, i would probably picked li the scum did n eliminate the last cop.. that would be basic instint to remove all confirmed town..
I wrote this few hours bach and was certain i pressed post reply

NinjaPenguin

Would you choose to kill Jade or scattered Night 1? Why?

NinjaPenguin

Okay so this post is going to be long. Brace yourselves.
Piplup, I've honestly been pretty annoyed with your play for a lot of this game. You've gone to conclusions without ever showing reasoning in thread until just now, barely contributed in the thread unless tagged despite always viewing it, and have thus been pretty much impossible to work with on a team if you're a townie. Please please please just share your thoughts and say things whenever you are in the thread because it never hurts to do so and quite frankly, you are barely playing the game as is. There's a reason people have lynched you D1 out of policy and you need to contribute more to avoid that in the future. However, as I implied to Ephe Day 1, I think you're unfortunately in your town meta.
This game, Drac really hasn't pushed his ideas at all. There's something that's been so passive about him, throwing shade without sticking behind his words, and his posts on Day 2/3 have read like he knows I'm a townie but he's fabricating doubt rather than being legit about it, if that makes sense. That being said, I can't shake my gut feeling he's a townie.
Drac has a really good vote for TLS, especially because he just doesn't vote his teammates. But TLS voted Piplup in a way that made him a real wagon and that's also not a way scum treats their buddies. What's really got me here is the way TLS voted for Drac at the end of yesterday. That vote clearly had absolutely zero intent to lynch, since TLS would not get the vote off of him unless he actually defended himself. So what was the purpose of it? TLS wanted to buy his buddy some towncred. And what better way to do that than trying to exploit the associatives I'd relied upon so much that day and voting Drac to distance from him.
There's also the matter of the nightkills. Why was Jade killed over scattered? My original thought was scattered shading me at the end of Day 1 meant scum wanted him alive, but I think the much better answer is just that Jade was on the right track with his Drac vote and thus a larger threat to the scum. I also intentionally set up a dichotomy on D2 by playing up a Drac TR to see if scum Piplup might kill me in the night and leave scattered alive. But again, the player who scumread Drac more was the one killed in the night. The nightkills point much more to him than to Piplup.

Reading posts independently, I get more of a townread from Drac's and that tempts me to vote in his favor. But at the same time, all other dead townies had a worse read on Drac than they did on Piplup. I don't think I have enough confidence in my own personal reads to overrule three other people who all came to the same conclusion of Drac being scum.

And so at the end of the day, interactions, nightkills, metas, and listening to the rest of the town have led me to this vote. I'm so sorry if I'm wrong:

##VOTE: GM DracLord
@Ephemera @Jadethepokemontrainer @scattered mind This is for you. Best of luck.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Official Day 3 Vote Count
--- --- ---
1. Ephemera - Lynched D1, Vanilla Townie
2. Jadethepokemontrainer - Killed N1, Town Cop
3. The Last Shaymin - Lynched D2, Mafia Framer
4. scattered mind -
Killed N2, Town Cop
5. TheAquaPiplup - GM Draclord
6. NinjaPenguin - GM Draclord
7. GM Draclord - TheAquaPiplup
--- --- ---
Tally:
GM Draclord - 2
TheAquaPiplup - 1
--- --- ---
GM Draclord has been lynched!

Mafia Backup Framer
Welcome, GM Draclord.
You are a Mafia Backup Framer.

Abilities:
- Factional communication: During Night Phase you may talk with your partner.
- Faction kill: You and your partner both hold the power to kill someone every Night Phase. In case there are multiple targets, the last target will be the final target.
- Backup: In case your partner dies before you, you will inherit their ability.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

THE GAME IS OVER, THE WINNER ARE...
THE TOWN!

Kudos to @Vom for fixing the moderror on TLS' flip on EOD2. Holy pokemons, I need a break from hosting games on mobile so I can stop making moderrors.

NinjaPenguin

Oh my god I did it! You guys have no idea how stressed I was with that vote.
I've literally never been in F3 as a townie before that was insane. I was so nervous.

I'm honestly pretty proud I managed to take control as a leader and lead the lynch on the two scum. Was nice seeing I could get scumreads even without any townies being obvtown besides the cops.
Ephe, special apologies to you for me sowing chaos and accidentally causing your lynch when I wanted to swap to Drac at the end of the day (I didn't note this in game because it looks credit-grabby and gross). I hope you aren't too upset about it.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Kudos to np, although your read on the nightkill look legit, the actual reason were like i stated, picking jade over sm doesnt have adeeper meaning, but keeping you alive was more because i dont know how to convince him

Status
Not open for further replies.