'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
It took SM until Guardians Rising to print all their mons, they were missing Comfey... at least it can't be said that they are managing the new generation mons badly, though I would still like to get V versions for all of them.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
That was fast, how long did it take SuMo?

That was fast indeed. Guess they want to clear the path for something new soon. Every 4 sets, they seem come up with a new mechanic in the game.

Last 4 XY Sets: Pokemon Break
1st 4 S&M Sets: Pokemon GX
Mid 4 SM Sets: Prism Stars
Last 4 SM Sets: Tag Team GX
First 4 SwSh: Pokemon V & VMax
Mid 4 SwSh: ?

Interesting to think what will we get next.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Also the Rare Fossil print is probably the reason Infinity Zone has so many trainers comparatively, this alongside the Excavation Map and/or additional support probably uses up 3 Trainer spots.

I would still like for the mechanic to stay the same for all generations - and also change rulings so stage 1 fossils can evolve in the same turn, and also allow you any number of Unidentified Fossil per deck. Fossil Research Lab was a step into the right direction for people that want to play multiple Fossil lines, but I still feel limited by only being able to play 4 of Unidentified/Rare Fossil, and then being forced to focus on a single Fossil for a "consistent" deck.

The Tyrantrum/Amaura "look at 7 bottom in deck and put in play" mechanic warranted some rework, but it was one of the few times where I felt I could actually play a "Fossil" deck instead of just using them as stun engines or focusing on a single one.

Last edited:

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
It took SM until Guardians Rising to print all their mons, they were missing Comfey... at least it can't be said that they are managing the new generation mons badly, though I would still like to get V versions for all of them.

Same, there were a lot of Alolan Pokemon that didn't get a GX, but a lot of Galar Pokemon do already and there aren't many left.

Corviknight
Alcremie
Thievul
Hatterene
Frosmoth
Coallossal
Orbeetle
Flapple
Appletun
Duraludon
Barraskewda
Greedent
Sir' fetched
Obstagoon
Mr Rime
Peserkker

I definitely think there will only be a couple that don't get the special treatment this gen.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
How interesting. From this we can now officially that in the TCG, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt and Amaura are the evolved forms of Unidentified Fossil while Dracovolt, Arctozolt, Dracovish and Arctovish are the evolved forms of Rare Fossil (bound to be changed for the English Version to something like Galarian Fossil). Very interesting.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
That was fast, how long did it take SuMo?
Almost 11 months with Pheromosa, Celesteela, and Xurkitree being the last in SM4+ (promos for us). Not as bad as how long Zygarde took to get a card in XY (like 2 and a half years). And of course the last Mythical of every gen has taken a long time since Arceus.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
How interesting. From this we can now officially that in the TCG, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt and Amaura are the evolved forms of Unidentified Fossil while Dracovolt, Arctozolt, Dracovish and Arctovish are the evolved forms of Rare Fossil (bound to be changed for the English Version to something like Galarian Fossil). Very interesting.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's just a power-creep of the previous fossil. The original Mysterious Fossil still exists. If they release any new cards of the fossil Pokemon, they'll probably evolve from a rare fossil.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
The fossils are here!

Imagine Galarian Cursola V+Arctozolt deck btw.
It actually took Crimson Invasion bc Alolan Marowak,the UBs and Silvally arrived in that expansion for the first time.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Arctozolt - Dracovish soon? Anyways any Welder decks may aware this card. 4
  • Rare Fossil - Does it gave up a prize? ---
  • Relicanth - ehh?! 2

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Arctozolt's ability is nice because the Pokemon doesn't have to be in the active for it to have an effect. I could maybe see a rogue deck come out with this and Galarian Coursola V.

peere

Aspiring Trainer
Is Arctozolt's ability accumulative? So if I have 2 Arctozolts in play and my opponent tries to welder and then attach energy to a baby Blacephalon (120hp) it would just die?

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, this is almost definitely gonna bring spread back. Between this, Cursola V, and now you can pay Weezing UNB's attack cost with twin energy, this is gonna be good.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
Arctozolt will be AMAZING with Gengar CRI for spread decks. I could see the pair in successful rogue decks.

The new Salamence V may help bring spread back as well, dealing 30 damage to all opponents Pokemon for 3 Colourless.

Rotom Master

Aspiring Trainer
Is Arctozolt's ability accumulative? So if I have 2 Arctozolts in play and my opponent tries to welder and then attach energy to a baby Blacephalon (120hp) it would just die?
I dont think you would knock a Blacephalon because the ability says "Whenever your opponent attaches an Energy from their hand." Im not sure if using a welder counts as from your hand.

Mora

Don't Panic
I dont think you would knock a Blacephalon because the ability says "Whenever your opponent attaches an Energy from their hand." Im not sure if using a welder counts as from your hand.

Welder says "Attach up to 2 Fire Energy cards from your hand..." so I would say so.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Also the Rare Fossil print is probably the reason Infinity Zone has so many trainers comparatively, this alongside the Excavation Map and/or additional support probably uses up 3 Trainer spots.

I would still like for the mechanic to stay the same for all generations - and also change rulings so stage 1 fossils can evolve in the same turn, and also allow you any number of Unidentified Fossil per deck. Fossil Research Lab was a step into the right direction for people that want to play multiple Fossil lines, but I still feel limited by only being able to play 4 of Unidentified/Rare Fossil, and then being forced to focus on a single Fossil for a "consistent" deck.

The Tyrantrum/Amaura "look at 7 bottom in deck and put in play" mechanic warranted some rework, but it was one of the few times where I felt I could actually play a "Fossil" deck instead of just using them as stun engines or focusing on a single one.

there is N O R E A S O N that the fossil names change. I absolutely hate it.
The items were awesome to use, but the fossils they searched for didn't actually evolve from mysterious fossil... WHY?
It makes no sense. I'd be angry if they changed the basic of a line and they literally do this every generation. I'm so salty about this.
At least the relicanth is fossil support, I like when relicanth has "living fossil" attacks.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Yay!
Hope we get the 4 fossils in this set, then well have all the Galar dex in the tcg already. Only missing post #890 Eternatus

Thank you so much for making this post. I actually had no idea. I'm doing a TCG Pokedex project where I'm trying to get one card of every Pokemon in Japanese and English -- this makes my life a lot easier lol.

Probably won't go back and buy every single JP set, but knowing that it'll just take the first 3 English sets to complete the Galar Dex is pretty nifty (assuming I can scrape together the $$$ in time)