Finished Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I hope I am making sense here people feel free to comment on this plan with your thoughts. Am I making sense to you?

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Massclaim sounds good. I honestly have no idea how else we would play, but i think it is basically impossible for everyone to do it in 15 seconds due to timezone problems and such.

I have a terrible history with reads, but nothing sticks out to me as townie or scum too much. everyone has contributed except for me and ephemera, so im just going to give them a neutral. Everyone else has been acting pretty townie, so everyone else gets town

that is my 1 cent of idea

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
It's brilliant for scum in the sense that it gives them info on the cops. However, I don't see what other options town has, and it helps us as well. It gives everyone information, both town and scum, but just about anything we do as of now would do this.
If you think something is brilliant for scum, it is bad for town and you should fight against it. Stop throwing shade.
##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

@scattered mind I can't tell you the answer to your question until the massclaim is over, but I find not forcing synchronization to be highly suboptimal.
I still really want massclaim to be synchronized, but if it can't be that way, I think I'd prefer for VTs to claim first for reasons I also can't talk about rn.

I'm also super frustrated that so few people are posting when I'm gone from the thread and I feel like I'm having to drive a lot of discussion. When other people post, comment on it. Agree, disagree, ask a question, post a meme, joke, interact, I don't really care how. Town can only win this game if we generate enough content to get accurate reads and force players to leave the zone of completely NAI comments. If you look in the thread and you aren't the most recent poster, please say something. I don't care what.
@Jadethepokemontrainer @The Last Shaymin
Other tags coming in next post

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
If you think something is brilliant for scum, it is bad for town and you should fight against it. Stop throwing shade.
So you disagree that the mass claim helps out scum just as much as it helps us? I’m simply pointing out facts here. Massclaim may be our best option but it doesn’t hurt the scum either, they get free knowledge from it as well.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I have a terrible history with reads, but nothing sticks out to me as townie or scum too much. everyone has contributed except for me and ephemera, so im just going to give them a neutral. Everyone else has been acting pretty townie, so everyone else gets town
Who do you mean when you say everyone else? Are they any posts so far that you might see as suspicious in any way?

NinjaPenguin

So you disagree that the mass claim helps out scum just as much as it helps us? I’m simply pointing out facts here. Massclaim may be our best option but it doesn’t hurt the scum either, they get free knowledge from it as well.
Massclaim helps town more than scum that's why I want it. The info scum gets matters way less than the info town does.
If you think it isn't +EV for town and a move that is just as good for scum, why aren't you trying to stop it?
no, by everyone else, i mean that everyone else seems fine and hasn't done anything suspicious to me yet.
TLS, when you play mafia, I want you to avoid thinking in terms of stuff that's suspicious. Each alignment will do suspicious stuff, but on only alignment is playing to benefit town. Look at motives. Whose posting has been genuinely trying their best to help town win the game and why?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I can't tell you the answer to your question until the massclaim is over,

Oh well, I'll have to read about it for real then. *shivers out of laziness*

Ok then one thing I can say- WE NEED TO HURRY WITH THIS and make sure we claim - either in one blast or one after another. Also also- Everybody need to claim sane cop- otherwise the mafia will simply kill the one who claims sane cop. Totally forgot about the mafia kill- FOS on NP for not alerting that.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
To tell you the truth - I don't think doing it at once is a good idea - there are only 2 days left and I don't trust everyone to arrange time- especially when scum can try to stall our arrangments.

Simply write your night result as if you were a sane cop.- No matter what your role is. DO NOT HINT THAT YOU ARE THE REAL COP OR NOT THE REAL COP.

I'll start- (try to write it like I do so everyon's results will look the same: "My result - Name - scum/town")
My result - NP scum

NinjaPenguin

Oh well, I'll have to read about it for real then. *shivers out of laziness*

Ok then one thing I can say- WE NEED TO HURRY WITH THIS and make sure we claim - either in one blast or one after another. Also also- Everybody need to claim sane cop- otherwise the mafia will simply kill the one who claims sane cop. Totally forgot about the mafia kill- FOS on NP for not alerting that.
I'm not sure what you're saying here at all lol.
I always said mafia had a kill (that's why tomorrow is LYLO if we mislynch) and that's the drawback of the massclaim, but that cops surviving past N2 are useful only for a clear amd not for their check because of the framer.
Are you in favor of cop cover now? If so, why?

Ephemera

just a little longer...

:( Sorry, my brain's been kinda fried for a little bit. I'm here now though!

It seems that scattered initially agreed with massclaim, but now is going for cop cover? I'm not entirely sure where that thought process is coming from.
NP is power playing, as usual, but he does that as town or scum.

I'd still prefer a massclaim, but it seems it's quite difficult to time the claims, as well as do it quickly - otherwise EoD will be upon us before we can even get together and think.

Some early reads:
NP, as I said, is giving good options for paths ahead. He can do that as town, but he also can do it to powerwolf. I suppose if NP were scum he could not give his input as much as he has been, but it would be different from his usual meta, which would probably be a tell in and of itself. In the end, NP's playing like NP, so I'd say null on this.

Scattered for the, well, scattered train of thought, initially seems sorta sus. Still, I feel like his thoughts are genuine though. Townlean here.

TLS, as he said, is kinda confused. Although scum don't get a daychat, they were able to talk N0, and I feel like scum!TLS isn't as confused. Still, scum!TLS could have been told to act this way by a scumbuddy, but for now I have gut feelings that he's town. I don't like giving everyone town though, that kinda goes against the whole point :p. Thus, townlean on this as well.

Going to post this so it doesn't get too long, other reads will come soon.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Are you in favor of cop cover now? If so, why?

I explained why... in that same post with big capital letters. What did you miss? We have no time for a massclaim. Everyone just pop in say they are in favor of it but not actually do anything. We have less than 2 days and may i remind you we also need to decide who to vote for - Coordinated mass claim is not going to happen

Also - You are sus because you should know that mass claiming now will lead to the early death of the cop - Claiming vanilla is only going to help the mafia know who not to kill first. Cop cover is the way to go imo AND it was the way to go in the only game I found online of people playing it.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Reads, continued:
Drac is posting like I remember he does, so no meta changes here. Gut feelings make me think he's scummy a little, like in this quote:
At this moment 4 people are agreeing with massclaim, hence that is majority choice. I didn't earlier said I don't much support it but I rather do it then the first choice to be honest since that choice seem a little bit complicated
This basically says that he's not in favor of massclaim, but since majority prefer it that will be the course of action. Not a fan of this, feels like shifting responsibility, but then again that could just be how Drac plays. Going to say scumlean, but very minor as of now.

Piplup has posted once, to agree that massclaim is hard to coordinate, and say he's fine with either option. Again, on a gut level I don't like this, but it could just be playstyle. Minor scumlean as well.

My read on Jade may take a bit longer, as I'm getting a feeling that there's something interesting to be found in his posts. I'm not exactly sure what it is that's giving me this idea though – maybe because he got subbed out last game I played with him, and now he's active (tbh this is probably non-alignment indicative). But I feel like I need to think more about Jade.

Re: mechanical options. I'm still in favor of massclaiming, cop cover leaves us confused and open to many lies on D2. Although it's hard to coordinate the claims, I'll quote scattered here:
Yeah I get it but what's the problem to lie if you have a specific time to prepare for?

I just think that it would be much more effective to see the order of people claiming on their own pace and read into their claim and timing. Which is why I also think it would be beneficial to decide to call townies/cops first - that way the scum need to really think through when and what they want to claim based on other people's claims- Not their pure mindset - Why? cause after town/scum flip- maybe we'll have a better chance to read into their interactions.

I think claiming at separate times does give scum help in what to say, but it also allows us to read into interactions between claims and players. Obviously a set time would be preferred, but at this point I think claiming roles is the best course of action, whether synchronized or not.

Thoughts? (To back up my support for massclaiming, I'll claim my own role soon, just want to know what people think of this course of action.)

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
It seems that scattered initially agreed with massclaim, but now is going for cop cover? I'm not entirely sure where that thought process is coming from.
NP is power playing, as usual, but he does that as town or scum.

Just explained above. What do you think about cop cover?

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I think it might be a little too complicated - leaves us open to scum claiming cop D2 anyhow.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I can see the benefits of trying to let cops live to D2, but with the mafia's information, they can easily masquerade as cops themselves, since they already know alignments.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I'll say it again -WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO CLAIM ROLES AND NOT DOING COP COVER

If we all claim we narrow down the options for the Mafia. Can you respond to that instead of repeating your general agreement that mass claiming is hard to accomplish at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.