Finished Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Mafia LX: Bad Cop, Insane Cop

General Rules:

1. Be respectful.
2. Do not discuss the game outside the game thread until the game is over.
3. Do not edit your posts after writing them.
4. Do not throw the game. This includes jesting (acting chaotic or suspicious on purpose) and all sorts of revenge actions.
5. Do not use any sort of code or encryption during the game. Signals are allowed (When I say "x" I mean "y happened") but any sort of hidden message that requires a cipher/rule to read, or otherwise hidden message is not allowed.
6. Do not quote, screenshot, or otherwise post any messages received from the game master or anything related to the game anywhere as long as the game is ongoing.
This is this game's hosting color, it’ll make the VCs and other GM posts more noticeable. Do not use that colour.
8. Pretending to break any rule will be treated as if you broke that rule.
9. Most importantly, remember that this is just a game, so just try and have fun!

If you've never played mafia, be sure to read up on the basics here.

Golden Rules:
Do your best to not be inactive.
Remember what your goals are at all times.
Don't panic if you commit a mistake, but try to work your way around it.

Important setup info
  • The setup is Bad Cop, Insane Cop; 1 Mafia Framer, 1 Mafia Backup Framer, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Insane Cop and 3 Town Vanillas.
  • There is a Night Zero.
  • There are only two factions within the game: Town and Mafia.
  • The mafia can perform the night kill and use their abilities at the same time.
  • There is a Mafia QuickTopic/PM. Mafia are not allowed to talk in the Mafia PM during Day Phase.
  • There will be no alignment changes mid-game.
Mechanics and Game Details:
Cycle: 96 hours Day Phase and 24 hours Night Phase

The game starts as soon as the playerlist is filled, though Night 0 starts at any Saturday May 9th, 9 4 PM EST.

Lynch:
  • Plurality: the person with the highest number of votes at the end of the day gets lynched.
  • Majority: If at any point of the game the majority of the players vote on one person, the day will end immediately and that person will be lynched.
  • In case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
How to vote:
  • Either write "##VOTE: [player name]", "!vote [player name]", or post the whole Vote Count by yourself.
  • Bolding the vote isn’t necessary, but it would make it easier for me if you did it.
  • Votes inside quotes or spoilers do not count.
  • It is optional for players to post their own Vote Count, but Official Public Vote Counts are present and will be updated every possible 12 hours. (Note that this is my first time hosting in this forum, and that I actually don't post the Official Vote Count as often as I had wanted it to be.)
Posting requirements:
  • At least 5 posts every Day Phase.​
  • If a person doesn’t meet the required amount within the first 48 hours of the day, they will be prodded (i.e. tagged by the hosts, asking whether they can still play the game).​
  • If a player doesn’t respond within 24 hours after the first prod or gets prodded thrice, they’ll be either substituted or modkilled.​
Player List:
1. TheAquaPiplup - Vanilla Townie, Survived
2. NinjaPenguin - Vanilla Townie, Survived
3. Ephemera - Vanilla Townie, Lynched D1
4. scattered mind - Town Cop, Killed D2
5. The Last Shaymin - Mafia Framer, Lynched D2
6. Jadethepokemontrainer - Town Cop, Killed D1
7. GM Draclord - Mafia Backup Framer, Lynched D3

Substitute:
1. Vom (Starting from Saturday 16th)
2. bbninjas ("Low priority")

Milestones:
N0 Start
D1 Start
D1 End - Ephemera lynched
D2 Start - Jadethepokemontrainer killed
D2 End - The Last Shaymin lynched
D3 Start - scattered mind killed

D3 End - GM Draclord lynched

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Thanks for the tag man! I'm a bit busy atm, but best of luck with the game :D

Celever

Wheeeee~
I'm busy so I can't promise high activity, but this also seems cool so stick me as a low priority sub :D

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Put me down for sub as well - the setup sounds really cool and I'd love to join, but I can't promise high activity.

Zone Q11

Thanks for the tag man! I'm a bit busy atm, but best of luck with the game :D
I'm busy so I can't promise high activity, but this also seems cool so stick me as a low priority sub :D
Put me down for sub as well - the setup sounds really cool and I'd love to join, but I can't promise high activity.
...there are 96 hours worth of Day Phase though? TwT

Rather, I'm pretty sure there aren't any other players in PB, so I'd have to either bring in other players from outside PB... or I'd have to cancel a 7-er game.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
If there really aren't enough players, I could join, but that's only for last resort. I like mafia but I don't think I can juggle this game with everything else.

Zone Q11

If there really aren't enough players, I could join, but that's only for last resort. I like mafia but I don't think I can juggle this game with everything else.
Mnn... I will put you in and wait a week or two. If there isn't enough players by May 22nd, then I will cancel this game.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
By May 22nd I can promise activity, probably.

(really hoping people sign up, it looks interesting)

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I'd also like to see new people play mafia, we should try and revive the Pokébeach mafia scene.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Everyone this is a really chill mafia setup. You really don’t need to stress yourself about time. The thread is not going to explode with messages ( just look at the past 3 games) join the game - sub out if you need to but really I don’t see any reason for that. Mafia is the most interesting game for me and I’d like to see it coming back here. It’s been a long time and the longer we don’t play the bigger chance this site will no longer appeal to Mafia hosts.

Also I really want to play :p

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
If we absolutely start on a Saturday (except for this one, 9) I can play. This week is full of deadlines for me so if we start any earlier I doubt I can commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.