Finished Big Brother 8: Friends and Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 2: Eviction
@mirdo and @Ephemera are the final nominees for this week.
As Head of Household, Lorde will only vote in the case of a tie. Neither of the nominees are allowed to vote. Everyone else, please privately cast your vote for the nominee you want to be evicted either by Discord DMs or PB PMs. There are 8 voters, with the Head of Household breaking a tie if necessary, so it takes 5 votes to be evicted this week.​

You have 23.75 hours, or until March 16th at 6:00PM EST, to cast your vote. Votes will not be locked, even after everyone has cast a vote, so you may change your vote at any point up until the deadline.​

Week 2: Vote Results
In a moment, I'll reveal the evicted houseguest. This person will have to gather all of their belongings and leave the Big Brother House immediately. By a vote of 8-0...
@Ephemera, you have been evicted from the Big Brother House.

If you had any conversations about the game this week that I was not included in, please send me transcripts of them as soon as you can. Additionally, here's a friendly reminder that since Ephemera has been evicted, you can no longer include them in communications about the game.​

Week 3: Temptation Week
First things first, I'm happy to announce that the Spotlight is officially over! In just a little bit, you'll be able to rejoin private communications with the other member of your duo. But first, it is time to reveal the theme for this week. This week is themed around Temptation, and you'll be faced with a dilemma between greed and teamwork, secrecy and publicity, and trust and fear.
For this week, all houseguests (besides Lorde) will be given a choice:

If you choose to play in the Head of Household competition, you will compete for Head of Household and the Power of Veto as you would normally.

With the Spotlight removed, nobody can completely trust the loyalty of those who have worked with them so far this game. But if you do, you may choose to play for the Backdoor Blockade. The people who choose this option will be unable to compete for either Head of Household or the Power of Veto (even if they are put on the block) this week. Players who have chosen this option will play in the same competition as those playing for Head of Household, but the player with the highest score of those that chose this option will secretly receive the Backdoor Blockade. Until the end of Week 5, after the Power of Veto competition, the holder of the PoV will make their decision of saving a nominee or discarding the veto publicly, but the Head of Household, if they are needed to choose a replacement nominee, will make their decision privately. If the holder of the Backdoor Blockade chooses to use this power and is named as a replacement nominee, they will automatically be safe and the person still on the block will be evicted. However, if they use it and are incorrect (i.e. they were not named as the replacement nominee), they will automatically become the replacement nominee instead of the player who the Head of Household chose.
(If every player chooses to play for the Backdoor Blockade, the winner of the Backdoor Blockade will automatically become Head of Household, and the runner-up of that competition will automatically win the Power of Veto.)

This choice will be one that you will make completely in secret. For this week, I will only reveal the winner of the Head of Household and Power of Veto competitions (the winning score, players besides the winner who get to compete in the PoV competition, the winner of the Backdoor Blockade, and the rest of the standings for all competitions will be hidden), so if you want to succumb to temptation, nobody will ever have to know.
I know how lovely it would be to speak to your allies and develop a plan for what decisions you will make. However, chats are now locked and this decision must be made entirely on your own. Will you choose to play for HOH or are you confident enough to go off on your own and play for the Backdoor Blockade? The decision is yours.

You have 24 hours, or until March 17th at 6:00PM EST, to make your decision on if you want to play for Head of Household or the Backdoor Blockade. Please do not communicate with your fellow houseguests about the game during this time. If everyone makes their decision before then, this deadline will end earlier and you will have more time to play in the Head of Household/Backdoor Blockade competition.​

Week 3: Head of Household/Backdoor Blockade
With two competitions on the line, it's time for a challenge. To do well at this competition, you'll need to be strong at not just one task, but develop a strategy to deal with an assortment of them. This week's Head of Household competition is...
Grid 16!

The player with the highest score (under "carabous") that chose to play in the Head of Household competition will become the next Head of Household, while the player who has the highest score (under "carabous") that chose to play for the Backdoor Blockade will win the Backdoor Blockade.

You have until March 19th at 6:00PM EST to submit for this competition! This gives you 48.25 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
A reminder that you must include two forms of documentation (e.g. your name, a Pokebeach tab, etc.) to prove the score was yours in your submission! As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on or in something like a Notepad app, etc. that's perfectly fine. All submissions must be made to the host in PokeBeach PMs, or in Discord DMs, and you will be notified if your submission is valid, or invalid.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition! Additionally, you may now discuss your decision to play for Head of Household or the Backdoor Blockade, though obviously the decision you made is final. This competition is Score Throwing Available, though the only thing that will be revealed at the end of this competition is the identity of the new Head of Household.​

Last edited:
Week 3: Head of Household Results
1st Place: @VioletValkyrie

Congratulations to Violet on becoming Head of Household! The winner of the Backdoor Blockade, if any, has also been informed of their victory.
Violet, you have 24 hours, or until March 20th at 6:00PM EST, to post your two nominations in thread.​

If I didn't know any better I'd think this seat was made for me or something.
Now, as your gracious HoH, I'd like to give the house an influence on who I nominate. You have 24 hours to discuss with me- I'm kidding. This is my nomination ceremony and everyone plays by my rules. If I call your name, I hope you have an idea of what's going to happen.

@Jadethepokemontrainer - My single reason? It was fun talking to you.

@Nature Girl Mae - Because it was also fun talking to you. See how that works?

I eagerly await the better of the two competitions featured in our weeks. NP, back to you, my job here is done.~

Week 3: Power of Veto
With time running out before the jury, it is only fitting for this week's Power of Veto competition to be one where you scramble to prevent yourself from running out of time. And with Temptation still lurking in the game, anything could happen. This week's Power of Veto competition is...
Clockwork Cat!

This is the third time Clockwork Cat has appeared in a competition. In BB7, it was first won in a tiebreaker duel by Celever, with a time of 1:44:03. Later that season, it was won by Ephemera in the final competition of the Showdown for Supremacy, with a time of 1:20:48.

The player competing in this competition are the Head of Household (Violet), the two nominees (Jade and Mae), provided that they did not choose to play for the Backdoor Blockade, and three houseguests chosen by random draw.
However, because Brave was unable to participate in this week's Head of Household/Backdoor Blockade competition due to the game giving him dizziness, he has automatically been selected as one of the houseguests chosen by random draw (regardless of whether he originally chose to play for HoH or the Backdoor Blockade). The other two players chosen by random draw will be informed of this via PM.
If you have any confusion on whether or not you are playing in this competition, please don't hesistate to ask me.

You have until March 21th at 6:00PM EST to submit for this competition! This gives you 47 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions/extensions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
A reminder that you must include two forms of documentation (e.g. your name, a Pokebeach tab, etc.) to prove the score was yours in your submission! As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on or in something like a Notepad app, etc. that's perfectly fine. All submissions must be made to the host in PokeBeach PMs, or in Discord DMs, and you will be notified if your submission is valid, or invalid.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition! This competition is Score Throwing Available, though the only thing that will be revealed at the end of this competition is the identity of winner of the Power of Veto.​

Last edited:
Week 3: Power of Veto Results
The winner of the Power of Veto is @Alfze!

Congratulations to Al for winning the Power of Veto!
Al, you have 24 hours, or until March 22th at 6:00PM EST, to either use the veto on a nominee or discard the veto. Then, if it is used, Violet and the winner of the Backdoor Blockade, if any, will have 16 hours or the remainder of that time, whichever one is longer, to privately name a replacement nominee and decide whether or not they want to use the Backdoor Blockade respectively.​

Thank you NP! This was a very hard decision, but I’ve decided to use the veto on @Nature Girl Mae.
Thanks again.

Then, if it is used, Violet and the winner of the Backdoor Blockade, if any, will have 16 hours or the remainder of that time, whichever one is longer, to privately name a replacement nominee and decide whether or not they want to use the Backdoor Blockade respectively.

In that case, I'd like to publicly re-nominate @mirdo for eviction. NP, Backdoor winner, the stage is yours, but remember that this is my game.
Thank you for your time, and see you in the morning for this week's vote.

Week 3: Eviction
Since the replacement nomination was public, mirdo is the only one who would actually use the Backdoor Blockade this week. If he is the holder of the Backdoor Blockade, mirdo declined to use it, so we will proceed to the eviction.
@Jadethepokemontrainer and @mirdo are the final nominees for this week.
As Head of Household, Violet cannot vote. Neither of the nominees are allowed to vote. Everyone else, please privately cast your vote for the nominee you want to be evicted either by Discord DMs or PB PMs. There are 7 voters, so it takes 4 votes to be evicted this week.​

You have 33.5 hours, or until March 23th at 6:00PM EST, to cast your vote. However, if all votes are in by today at any time from 4:00 PM EST-7:00 PM EST, I will lock the votes then and we'll proceed to next week. After that point, votes will not be locked, even after everyone has cast a vote, so you may change your vote at any point up until the deadline.​

Week 3: Vote Results
In a moment, I'll reveal the evicted houseguest. This person will have to gather all of their belongings and leave the Big Brother House immediately. By a vote of 5-2...
@Jadethepokemontrainer, you have been evicted from the Big Brother House.

If you had any conversations about the game this week that I was not included in, please send me transcripts of them as soon as you can. Additionally, here's a friendly reminder that since Jade has been evicted, you can no longer include him in communications about the game.
As for the rest of you, you have all made it to the jury phase of this game! Congratulations! All of you will either be a finalist or serve on the Jury of 7, casting your vote for who you want to win this game.
The live competition will begin in one hour.​

Week 4: Power of Veto
In the live Parroting Head of Household competition and nominations, Mirdo won the Head of Household competition and nominated Mae and Flour. Now, it's time for the Power of Veto competition:

Participants:
Head of Household: @mirdo
Nominee: @Nature Girl Mae
Nominee: @EurekaTingz
Random Draw: @VioletValkyrie
Random Draw: @MCGRaven
Random Draw: @Lord o da rings

This will be another "forum game" competition and can be played in under an hour. Please let me know ASAP if you're available to start at 5 and/or 6 EST tomorrow; if not we'll just do it the slow way. The veto decision and replacement nomination will not be made live (unless you want it to be of course).

Week 4: Power of Veto Results
The live Power of Veto competition was Fibbage. Here are the results:
1st Place: @Lord o da rings with 18,000 points
2nd Place: @Nature Girl Mae with 15,000 points
3rd Place: @EurekaTingz with 13,500 points

Congratulations to Lorde for winning the Power of Veto!
Lorde, you have 24 hours, or until March 24th at 6:00PM EST, to either use the veto on a nominee or discard the veto. Then, if it is used, Mirdo and the winner of the Backdoor Blockade, if any, will have 16 hours or the remainder of that time, whichever one is longer, to privately name a replacement nominee and decide whether or not they want to use the Backdoor Blockade respectively.​

This is the Power of Veto ceremony. As the winner of the POV competition, I may choose to save one of Mirdo's nominations: Mae and Flour. I have to decided to...

Use the veto on @EurekaTingz (Flour) this week. Mirdo, since I have vetoed one of your nominations for eviction, please name a replacement nominee.

Ok, I have a bit of a headache. But I'll do my duty of getting this over with.
At the beginning of the Week I nominated Mae and Flour. Which was a controversial decission.
And Im not entirely proud of it. But what happend has happend and now i have to make do.

I decided to fix my "misstake"
Haha. No.
This week was actually incredibly useful which was actually unintended.
A lot of people were pissed at me for choosing Flour. Then I thought. "why are people so crazy about Flour. As far as I know he hasnt done much yet.
But it kind of struck me from the responses to this that it wasnt about Flour.
I didnt fall in line with what my allies wanted to force onto me.
Which just wasn't in my interesst.
And I mean. I still nommed Mae. which was what most people told me. Why did it make so many people angry that Flour was next to him?
And the reaction of one person opened my eyes.
I wasnt all ally. I was a pawn. A sheep for them.
And I used up my purpose cause i didnt listen.
So I have to assume that that person holds a lot of Power.
And possibly plays and controlls even more people in the house than i might realize.
Especially cause almost no one advocated for them to go cause they are the obvious target in the house.
I am a person non grata in the house. So I will die on this hill and take a shot at BY FAR the most powerful person in the house.
Socially and by Comp and apperently manipualtive.
Which apperently has their circle of a few ready and plays her pawns as she pleases.

If you have any interest in this game not beeing steam rolled by her I highly suggest you to help me make this happen.
I of course speak of no one else than @VioletValkyrie .

As a little thing to ease my soul. Im sorry. this of course is nothing personal. Its just about the game.
And I actually didnt want to do this at the end of the week. But you gave me no other options.
I am sick of beeing underestimated in this house.

And I think everyone that thinks rationally has to agree that she has to go eventually And with the potential of a steam roll. I'd rather have that now than later.

thank you for listening.
NP back to you

Week 4: Eviction
Since the replacement nomination was public, Violet is the only one who would actually use the Backdoor Blockade this week. Since Violet won Head of Household last week, she cannot be the holder of the Backdoor Blockade, so we will proceed to the eviction.
@Nature Girl Mae and @VioletValkyrie are the final nominees for this week.
As Head of Household, Mirdo will only vote in the case of a tie. Neither of the nominees are allowed to vote. Everyone else, please privately cast your vote for the nominee you want to be evicted either by Discord DMs or PB PMs. There are 6 voters, with the Head of Household breaking a tie if necessary, so it takes 4 votes to be evicted this week.​

You have 23.75 hours, or until March 24th at 6:00PM EST, to cast your vote. Votes will not be locked, even after everyone has cast a vote, so you may change your vote at any point up until the deadline.​

Week 4: Vote Results
The votes are in and we have a 3-3 tie. As Head of Household, it is up to @mirdo to publicly cast his vote in thread for who he chooses to evict. Once mirdo makes his choice, that player will have to will have to gather all of their belongings and leave the Big Brother House immediately.
After mirdo casts his vote, we will proceed to the next Head of Household competition. Mirdo, please do this as soon as possible.​

Ok,
JESUS CHRIST I didnt actually think that this is going through.

Im so sorry on a personal level. I love and respect the hell out of you. You had one hell of a game.
And I loved working with you. Until... I didnt. lol

I vote to evict @VioletValkyrie from the Big Brother house.

Week 4: Vote Results
By a vote of 4-3, the first member of the jury is...
@VioletValkyrie, you have been evicted from the Big Brother House.

If you had any conversations about the game this week that I was not included in, please send me transcripts of them as soon as you can. Additionally, here's a friendly reminder that since Violet has been evicted, you can no longer include her in communications about the game.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back