Sword & Shield Prerelease Promos Revealed!

Nyora

A Cat
Get your Cinccino while you can, or you’re gonna have to Make Do with the regular ones.

Nyora

A Cat
WOW.

Maybe with the exception of Rillaboom, they're all deadly playable.
Rillaboom is still sorta playable

So your really just waiting for which one is your favorite
VikaBulu was a mid tier deck for a while and Rillaboom is just a better Vikavolt. So eventually, if a good partner is printed, it could be played.
Roweggs actually works really well with Rillaboom and they’ll eventually have some VMAX Grass mon that is just busted with it.

Clam

Almost decent
I really like the of Cinccino there are all super playable and most likely very costly

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
prerelease?
with infinite energy?

Whoever gets good v pokemon will win lol.

Luckily frosmoth only goes to water pokemon...

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I wonder why the very different wording on Cinccino vs. Zoroark.

Zoroark:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards.

Cinccino:
You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this Ability. Once during your turn, you may draw 2 cards.

I know they're removing the 'before your attack' verbage, so that's expected. But why change the rest? Just a harmless change?

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Cinccino with a built-in Pot of Greed effect, that's gonna be seeing a lot of play, specially if you've got ways to recycle discarded cards/energies.

Also nice to see they're committing to the sparkly holofoil effect for the rares as well.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Oh wow, all of these are really good! I hope I get at least 1-2 Meowths when I go!

I wonder why the very different wording on Cinccino vs. Zoroark.

Zoroark:

Cinccino:

I know they're removing the 'before your attack' verbage, so that's expected. But why change the rest? Just a harmless change?

Hmm it may be harmless, but to my interpretation, with Zoroark, you have to draw cards when you discard, with Cinccino you can just discard and not draw... I interpet it i that way because Zoraorak is "You may discard, if you do draw" while Cinccino is "Discard card, you may draw 2".

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
The new wording on the Cinccino is a lot more confusing than Zoroark GX's ability: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards." Cinccino's ability, "You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this ability. Once during your turn, you may draw 2 cards," seems like it could mean: discard a card from your hand and you may now draw 2 cards once at any point in your turn.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Oh wow, all of these are really good! I hope I get at least 1-2 Meowths when I go!

Hmm it may be harmless, but to my interpretation, with Zoroark, you have to draw cards when you discard, with Cinccino you can just discard and not draw... I interpet it i that way because Zoraorak is "You may discard, if you do draw" while Cinccino is "Discard card, you may draw 2".

Actually, it's almost the opposite, from what I see. See https://pokegym.net/index.php/2019/04/01/trash-talk/ - Zoroark you can discard even if you're unable to draw, while Cinccino you won't be able to do that; it's worded as a cost, which means that you only do it if you're doing the other part. (The cost only comes into play if you use the ability.) Neither will let you discard without _trying_ to draw, but Zoroark would let you discard with an empty deck (rarely, but occasionally, useful).

For some more context see this tweet and the associated replies/discussion: https://twitter.com/Pooka311/status/1216790725787914240
The wording is intentionally different than Zoroark-GX's Trade because it actually works a little differently. You can Trade with 0 cards in your deck, but you can't Make Do with 0 cards in your deck. The effect of Make Do is to draw 2 cards. Trade's main effect is discarding.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The new wording on the Cinccino is a lot more confusing than Zoroark GX's ability: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards." Cinccino's ability, "You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this ability. Once during your turn, you may draw 2 cards," seems like it could mean: discard a card from your hand and you may now draw 2 cards once at any point in your turn.

From what the Pokemon people are saying (read the various tweets by TPCi employees in the twitter discussion in my previous post), it sounds like this is a new template they're going to use to try and avoid some of these kinds of issues - which will take getting used to. Definitely isn't what you're describing, anyway, they discuss that exact thing.

Basically, they're trying to more explicitly explain the "cost" part and the "action" part, and it's something we'll just have to get used to. ("You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this Ability." means it's the cost, something that happens as part of doing the ability.)

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
From what the Pokemon people are saying (read the various tweets by TPCi employees in the twitter discussion in my previous post), it sounds like this is a new template they're going to use to try and avoid some of these kinds of issues - which will take getting used to. Definitely isn't what you're describing, anyway, they discuss that exact thing.

Basically, they're trying to more explicitly explain the "cost" part and the "action" part, and it's something we'll just have to get used to. ("You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this Ability." means it's the cost, something that happens as part of doing the ability.)
I think they should word it, "Once during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand in order to draw 2 cards" or "Once during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand to this ability. Draw 2 cards." The Zoroark vs Cinccino wordings can both be confusing as they are but, to me, Cinccino's seems like it can be misunderstood more easily.