Sword & Shield Prerelease Promos Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Nyora likes this.

2. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

WOW.

Maybe with the exception of Rillaboom, they're all deadly playable.

Hyrum and snoopy369 like this.
  3. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Get your Cinccino while you can, or you’re gonna have to Make Do with the regular ones.

4. Volkner123 Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
    Volkner123

Rillaboom is still sorta playable

So your really just waiting for which one is your favorite

5. JakeTheGearHeart Aspiring Trainer
    JakeTheGearHeart

VikaBulu was a mid tier deck for a while and Rillaboom is just a better Vikavolt. So eventually, if a good partner is printed, it could be played.

6. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Roweggs actually works really well with Rillaboom and they’ll eventually have some VMAX Grass mon that is just busted with it.

snoopy369 likes this.
  7. Clam Im new
    Clam

I really like the of Cinccino there are all super playable and most likely very costly

8. bunnybird12 Don't be sad- be hoppy!
    bunnybird12

I was hoping for Frosmoth so I’m super excited. Cinccino is really good too.

9. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

prerelease?
    with infinite energy?

Whoever gets good v pokemon will win lol.

Luckily frosmoth only goes to water pokemon...

10. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I wonder why the very different wording on Cinccino vs. Zoroark.

Zoroark:
    Cinccino:
    I know they're removing the 'before your attack' verbage, so that's expected. But why change the rest? Just a harmless change?

11. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Cinccino with a built-in Pot of Greed effect, that's gonna be seeing a lot of play, specially if you've got ways to recycle discarded cards/energies.

Also nice to see they're committing to the sparkly holofoil effect for the rares as well.

12. ShaQuL That's what I do, I clown on you.
    ShaQuL

Oh wow, all of these are really good! I hope I get at least 1-2 Meowths when I go!

Hmm it may be harmless, but to my interpretation, with Zoroark, you have to draw cards when you discard, with Cinccino you can just discard and not draw... I interpet it i that way because Zoraorak is "You may discard, if you do draw" while Cinccino is "Discard card, you may draw 2".

JakeTheGearHeart likes this.
  13. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Rillaboom and Heracross from Lost Thunder are homies.

14. JakeTheGearHeart Aspiring Trainer
    JakeTheGearHeart

The new wording on the Cinccino is a lot more confusing than Zoroark GX's ability: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards." Cinccino's ability, "You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this ability. Once during your turn, you may draw 2 cards," seems like it could mean: discard a card from your hand and you may now draw 2 cards once at any point in your turn.

15. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Actually, it's almost the opposite, from what I see. See https://pokegym.net/index.php/2019/04/01/trash-talk/ - Zoroark you can discard even if you're unable to draw, while Cinccino you won't be able to do that; it's worded as a cost, which means that you only do it if you're doing the other part. (The cost only comes into play if you use the ability.) Neither will let you discard without _trying_ to draw, but Zoroark would let you discard with an empty deck (rarely, but occasionally, useful).

For some more context see this tweet and the associated replies/discussion: https://twitter.com/Pooka311/status/1216790725787914240

ShaQuL likes this.
  16. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

From what the Pokemon people are saying (read the various tweets by TPCi employees in the twitter discussion in my previous post), it sounds like this is a new template they're going to use to try and avoid some of these kinds of issues - which will take getting used to. Definitely isn't what you're describing, anyway, they discuss that exact thing.

Basically, they're trying to more explicitly explain the "cost" part and the "action" part, and it's something we'll just have to get used to. ("You must discard a card from your hand in order to use this Ability." means it's the cost, something that happens as part of doing the ability.)

17. Tytus Expanded Legend
    Tytus

Wow good promos for once.

18. JakeTheGearHeart Aspiring Trainer
    JakeTheGearHeart

I think they should word it, "Once during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand in order to draw 2 cards" or "Once during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand to this ability. Draw 2 cards." The Zoroark vs Cinccino wordings can both be confusing as they are but, to me, Cinccino's seems like it can be misunderstood more easily.

ShaQuL likes this.
  19. Clam Im new
    Clam

TBH im really a fan of good promos because now i feel like i should get them

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 9 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?