Next Pokemon Anime Series Titled 'Pocket Monsters,' Features All Regions

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I honestly thought they would improve Ash’s artwork but he still looks quite similar to his S&M design... except with bug eyes. I’ll hold judgement until I see the full artstyle in motion, but I do also hope they improve the overall direction of the anime. Wasn’t a huge fan of S&M, personally.

Glad they’re incorporating the other regions, too.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
I honestly thought they would improve Ash’s artwork but he still looks quite similar to his S&M design... except with bug eyes. I’ll hold judgement until I see the full artstyle in motion, but I do also hope they improve the overall direction of the anime. Wasn’t a huge fan of S&M, personally.

Glad they’re incorporating the other regions, too.

For the most part, I agree but just from looking at his design it looks way better than Sun & Moon. Also since you mentioned bug eyes, his hairstyle also looks a bit more back to XY series.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I think his artwork is a lot better than his Sun and Moon variant, at least. I think we're about all ready for an anime reboot without Ash, but I'm down for it if this is how they send him off.
(if only we knew if that was to be the case)

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
He looks like a 4 year old in a bad Ash cosplay for Halloween. They are lying, this is not Ash.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Ash looks five, not ten.
Also, I don't get the hate of SM Ash. It fit the more laidback style of the show.

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
Ash looks like he's 8 now.

Did being surrounded by kids in Alola made him suck up even more youth than before?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Ash looks five, not ten.
Also, I don't get the hate of SM Ash. It fit the more laidback style of the show.

Laid back? Everyone is constantly turned up to 11 about everything! Really the only think I dislike about it (well, that and Lillie's English dub voice). Do they have to be so "Super Psyched!" about everything that happens to them ever?

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Laid back? Everyone is constantly turned up to 11 about everything! Really the only think I dislike about it (well, that and Lillie's English dub voice). Do they have to be so "Super Psyched!" about everything that happens to them ever?

Yeah, that’s something that annoyed the crap out of me with Sun and Moon. While there were some good moments/episodes here and there, some of the interactions and overall flow of the show is something I couldn’t get behind, personally.