Next Pokemon Anime Series Titled 'Pocket Monsters,' Features All Regions

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 1, 2019.

1. ZABOKI . Aspiring Trainer
    ZABOKI .

i quote gta san andreas: ah shit here we go again

2. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

I think they'll reset Ash's story and pretend Alola's victory was just an Alola thing.

3. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

That sure would be funny and then for 22 years he goes on the journey and keeps losing at the end and the best part he won't age.

Honestly, I don't mind if they keep Ash story moving on but I sure would love to see side series expanded, for example, I want to see Brocks journey and other his friend spin-off series introduced. Just give us more !!!

4. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

If Ash Ketchum is going to appear in the new Pokémon series, wouldn't this confirm more or less that Ash Ketchum will officially graduate from Pokémon School in Alola?

5. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

That doesn't mean it's not "laid back". The stakes are seldom very high, there was a ton of filler comedy/slice of life episodes. There obviously wasn't any grand journey to be had.

6. Zielo Caught 'em all.
    Zielo

I don't hate Alolan Ash, I mostly just dislike the eyes. I thought they looked weird and small and kinda ruined his look for me. I DO appreciate how fluid the animation is in S/M though and also how much more expression the characters can have than in previous renditions.
    I really liked the eyes/face they gave him in XY and I'm glad they're kind of going back towards that a bit. I hope they can still have fun wacky expressions though and not be so static.

7. Zielo Caught 'em all.
    Zielo

Also, are we certain that new character is a guy? They look kinda feminine what with the berets in their hair and the eyes look a bit feminine/lashy if you look close. I wouldn't be super surprised if it was a tomboy character.
    I'd also be down for a femme-ish male companion, although I don't really see that happening.

BTW, them ankles are toothpicks....

8. KrystalShellosQueen Water Trainer
    KrystalShellosQueen

so I was wrong
    Gou (the new character)
    is confirmed to be a boy who wants to catch EVERY pokemon, not a handful like Ash

9. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

10. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

I find the lack of Pidgey on the poster concerning.

The Fish likes this.
  11. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

>not every pokemon will be in gen 8 games
    >protagonist of gen 8 anime wants to catch every pokemon

Explain.

12. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

He'll store them in Pokemon Home as he catches new Pokemon in every region, duh. How else would you do it? You can't catch every Pokemon in a single region. /s

Cati and OVERGRO like this.
  13. Zero Umbreon Pyromaniacal sorcerer
    Zero Umbreon

Gou looks like the human embodiment of a Salandit.
    Or maybe a Litten.

14. AcePlayz Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
    AcePlayz

This series of the Pokemon anime looks a lot more promising than the sun and moon one.

SableyeGuy and MATTUSH like this.
  15. Lostlorn Forest Sinnoh is the best region
    Lostlorn Forest

Wow, I really thought he was going to be a girl. Am disappoint.

16. Tails The Blonde Brainiac
    Tails

Forum Mod Advanced Member Member

Convinced "Go" was supposed to be a girl, but it was changed at the last second. Not sure why, other than executive meddling to "prevent ships from setting sail because it's an anime".

17. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

Just cuz they both guys does not mean shipping wont happen

The Last Shaymin, Number51x and Tails like this.
  18. It's very unlikely that they will do the anime without adding a girl in anyway.

Ash wanted to catch every Pokemon too, and look how well that has worked out.

19. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

Every generation has more and more human characters looking like the opposite gender... uhh, not that there's anything wrong with it...

20. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

Pokemon GO has invaded the anime too, I see. Soon, PoGO will be the main series and the console titles will be peripheral, just because it'll make profit sense. Smh.

Then again, it makes sense this "Go" fellow wants to catch all the Pokemon, since there will come a time in the future when PoGO, the mobile spin-off, will be the only Pokemon game playable with every Pokemon programmed in...

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails