Next Pokemon Anime Series Titled 'Pocket Monsters,' Features All Regions

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
It honestly seems like the Pidgey family loses every time they go back to Kanto and redo something. So what is this, Pokemon Masters, the anime?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
They can keep Ash, but it would be nice if he'd hit the ground running more instead of having amnesia every season. Also, make him more like Kalos Ash, not the hyper active Alolan version.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Some bad design decisions stick with you forever and Ash seems to be one of them. You can't just cut Ash without completely rebooting the franchise.

HOWEVER, since Kanto games (Pokemon GO, Lets Go, even Pokemon TCG Evolutions) made so much money for Creatures Inc and revitalized the franchise, maybe it's time for a reboot? There's a huge group of people that would care more about going all the way to beginning and starting anew, rather than following Ash on his 8th or something adventure in a region that's frankly controversial.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. For me, it's 90% a spin-off series and/or OVA. But, if there's a time for a reboot and fixing all mistakes, it is now.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Some bad design decisions stick with you forever and Ash seems to be one of them. You can't just cut Ash without completely rebooting the franchise.

HOWEVER, since Kanto games (Pokemon GO, Lets Go, even Pokemon TCG Evolutions) made so much money for Creatures Inc and revitalized the franchise, maybe it's time for a reboot? There's a huge group of people that would care more about going all the way to beginning and starting anew, rather than following Ash on his 8th or something adventure in a region that's frankly controversial.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. For me, it's 90% a spin-off series and/or OVA. But, if there's a time for a reboot and fixing all mistakes, it is now.

I'm not sure it's because people (on mobile at least) just can't get enough Kanto, but more that Kanto is the region anyone with a passing awareness of Pokemon is going to recognize. So you use that region to attract new players to the game, not some place with a style or Pokemon they've never seen.

crystal_pidgeot

I don't think a reboot is in order. Pokemon has done too much with the series to just start over and if they do a complete reboot, what do they save? I will admit they dug themselves a deep hole though. I keep saying they dont need to keep making new Pokemon and just work on what they have now.

I'm not sure it's because people (on mobile at least) just can't get enough Kanto, but more that Kanto is the region anyone with a passing awareness of Pokemon is going to recognize. So you use that region to attract new players to the game, not some place with a style or Pokemon they've never seen.

People like Kanto because its simple. There weren't tedious mechanics and the world felt like a world. Pidgey eats bugs and fish, people riding bikes, no super overpowered Pokemon and things of the life. It was a simple slice of life game. Pokemon games now have bad guy teams trying to destroy the world, Pokemon legends constantly trying to one up each other in terms of power scaling and it makes me want something better. I don't feel likes it tedious to play through Kanto with newer mechanics as opposed to newer game that try way too hard.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Pokemon has done too much with the series to just start over and if they do a complete reboot, what do they save? I will admit they dug themselves a deep hole though. I keep saying they dont need to keep making new Pokemon and just work on what they have now.

I am pretty sure that, while the anime team and game team are definitely working closely, the anime has no say on how many new Pokemon are released. But that's beside the point. If the Pokemon games are rotating theme and mechanics, if the game is both wildly inconsistent and stale, then you can't expect the anime about said game to be any different.

crystal_pidgeot

I am pretty sure that, while the anime team and game team are definitely working closely, the anime has no say on how many new Pokemon are released. But that's beside the point. If the Pokemon games are rotating theme and mechanics, if the game is both wildly inconsistent and stale, then you can't expect the anime about said game to be any different.

Yeah, fair point.

NextGenRevisit

Aspiring Trainer
I really do hope that they add leaf green in the anime. They just need to change the name, so they can have a female protagonist instead of just being a freaking companion that had to go bye bye at the end of the arc.:p

Lechu v 2017

Pokemon connoisseur
I really do hope that they add leaf green in the anime. They just need to change the name, so they can have a female protagonist instead of just being a freaking companion that had to go bye bye at the end of the arc.:p
In ways I agree, but the anime has been going strong for 20 years with a male protagonist, maybe it's more profitable?

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
I'm getting new Bakugan vibes as far as art style and I don't like it. SM went far enough. Like the new kid tho.