Finished Mafia LVIII: Project Fusion- GAME OVER: Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Done enough. I'd do more but I want to wait until Cel's post because I have a strong feeling that if he's scum, I'll be able to tell if his teammate is you/Naga from it. And if not, I'll hopefully be able to tell that from it too.
Alright then. Good luck with that.
I'm going back to watch YT videos.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
For those who don't get it, this is a joke. I stand by my belief that NP is only scum if Nick is scum.
...speaking of Nick, HEY NICK! What are you going to do aside from watching from the sidelines?
Well, I've contributed what I can for now. The most I can do is sit around and wait for Cel and Naga to post. I can't see Naga flipping town at this point so, if anything, we've gotta keep them in mind for the time being.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Omg a ton happened while I was gone. Anyway, here’s my role.

You are Lorry and you are aligned with The Pokemon Trainers. You and your husband were busy shopping when all of a sudden a Sharpedo with wings and claws of a Talonflame started to attack the market with Flamethrower. You tried to find a place to hide and you managed to escape outside. However, your husband was caught by the evil creature and was taken to the sky. Right before he vanished into the clouds, your husband threw a Pokeball. It was his Lucario. You took Lucario and together you joined the Pokemon trainers to put an end to the crisis.

Pokemon: Lucario

Active Ability: Secret Aura
Once during each day, you may choose up to 8 players. They will each get an aura revealing them a secret message of your choosing. However, the number of words you write must be the same number of players you chose.

Active Ability: Follow Me
Once per night, you may target 2 players. The first player you name will use all their active abilities (if possible) on the second player.

Win Condition: Eliminate all Project Fusion members

Zone Q11

Alright then. Let's see...

Piplup - Vigi who'll die if the kill fails + Roleblocker (of sorts)
Drac - JOAT (Watcher who watches someone who voted Drac)

Nick - Tracker + Motion Sensor
Morda - Public ability reveal + Day Ability check
Mera - Doctor who saves the last person he votes + "Limited visit blocker" (of sorts)
Cel - Mason + "I will know everything about you if I predict you getting lynched"
Zone - 30% Roleblocker if visited + "Lynch savior" (of sorts)
NP - Mason + "Lose your abilities if you lynch me"
Naga - "Messager" + Redirector

Zone Q11

Alright then. Let's see...

Piplup - Vigi who'll die if the kill fails + Roleblocker (of sorts)
Drac - JOAT (Watcher who watches someone who voted Drac)

Nick - Tracker + Motion Sensor
Morda - Public ability reveal + Day Ability check
Mera - Doctor who saves the last person he votes + "Limited visit blocker" (of sorts)
Cel - Mason + "I will know everything about you if I predict you getting lynched"
Zone - 30% Roleblocker if visited + "Lynch savior" (of sorts)
NP - Mason + "Lose your abilities if you lynch me"
Naga - "Messager" + Redirector
TI, TP, TS(?), TS, ???, TS(?)
Uh... I don't even know what category NP is --and there is probably another type of system in the official MU Dictionary.

The first point is: If scum work "normally" (i.e. predictably), then we are certain who they will target: Mera and Nick, because they are TI and TP. However this is under the assumption that Mera doesn't lie about his ability, and is actually a TP. If he is legit TP, then Nick should be safe and check whoever he finds suspicious.

Next up is Cel: I don't see any reason why Piplup's ability would last permanently, so you should get that ability back Tonight. I dunno who he will target, but I am betting even more 50 nuffies that it will be either me or NP.

NP is basically not doing anything, so unless Nick wants to check him "for good measure" (something which I don't recommend), he is basically extra luggage. I also want to say something else about him, but if I do so then NP will definitely either be 100% killed or 100% scum.

Then comes Naga: This is the interesting part: If Naga can redirect NP to me, and I die, then this basically blocks the possibility that NP is the N2 killer, whether he is scum or not. Basically if I die tonight, then we got ourselves a scum! Then there is also the message thingy... Dunno what to do with those.

As for me: I have the chance to save someone tomorrow from getting lynched... Well, then it's obviously someone towny, probably either Nick or NP. As for my passive: The worst that can happen is if Naga actually redirects NP to me and I die... then --I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen.

Still, the actions that Naga does are all IFs in the end. It is also possible that he doesn't use his ability this Night, as to not mess up town.

Zone Q11

Wasn't Nick just a Motion Detector?
Once per night, target a player. You will learn whether they acted or not last night and whether or not they were targeted last night.
...okay, this is actually worse than what I had expected. I get that there was JOAT and Vigi, but how is town supposed to work with such a weak TI? Is this even a TI, and not a SI? :confused:

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
...okay, this is actually worse than what I had expected. I get that there was JOAT and Vigi, but how is town supposed to work with such a weak TI? Is this even a TI, and not a SI? :confused:
It basically doesn't work on scum so it's a TI and we can put it to good use as a watcher.
If we no lynch, Naga's ability should be able to clear some scumteam possibility tonight. If Naga targets you and redirects you to me (you need to originally target somebody else random like Nick) and then Nick uses his ability on me, we should end up confirming two things: by me being visited, we can know that Naga followed through with the plan and that your action was moved from targeting whoever to targeting me (therefore if you performed the nightkill I'd be killed; if I end up dead you could be scum or it could just be WIFOM but at least we have Ephemera and Nick alive). Then me not visiting anybody should confirm that I couldn't have performed the nightkill.
The only way the plan fails is if scum kills either of us in which case that scumteam possibility is by definition cleared lol.
Cel and Ephemera would then need to not target me with their abilities. This should be fine because even if they are scum and mess with the plan to make it appear that we can't be teamed, that means they are scum and therefore we can't be teamed.

tl;dr
-We no lynch but Ephemera keeps his vote on Nick to protect him tonight
-Nick targets me
-Naga redirects Zone to me
-Cel/Ephemera/Zone target somebody besides me
-Zone/Me scumteam gets deconfirmed as a possibility tomorrow (AKA something large is gained out of the no lynch)

If anybody sees any issues with this plan, please speak now. If you don't, please agree with it so you can't use the excuse tomorrow that you were incompetent. I might be wrong but I believe deconfirming us two as a team is the only team combo that can be done with this if Cel's ability comes back tonight, but it should put the roles to good use.

Zone Q11

If we no lynch, Naga's ability should be able to clear some scumteam possibility tonight. If Naga targets you and redirects you to me (you need to originally target somebody else random like Nick) and then Nick uses his ability on me, we should end up confirming two things: by me being visited, we can know that Naga followed through with the plan and that your action was moved from targeting whoever to targeting me (therefore if you performed the nightkill I'd be killed; if I end up dead you could be scum or it could just be WIFOM but at least we have Ephemera and Nick alive). Then me not visiting anybody should confirm that I couldn't have performed the nightkill.
*pretty much only the bolded text is the reason I take this seriously*
Alright! Let's do this!
Cel and Ephemera would then need to not target me with their abilities.
Uh... Ephemera claims to be only able to "let him targets be unable to visit him" and "said targets has to have voted him" --which is only Celever at the moment.

Zone Q11

*pretty much only the bolded text is the reason I take this seriously*
Alright! Let's do this!
...wait a minute. What would happen if literally anyone else kills you?
If Cel is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.
If Nick is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.
If Naga is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.
If Mera is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.

Uh... There is also the question of "What would happen if you don't die, but I do?"

NinjaPenguin

Uh... Ephemera claims to be only able to "let him targets be unable to visit him" and "said targets has to have voted him" --which is only Celever at the moment.
Yes but couldn't he visit me tonight? If he does, I believe that would mess with the pseudo-watcher half of Nick's claim (since if I wasn't visited, that would mean something happened to Naga and thus he didn't target me so the plan would fail). Nick needs to check visits just to verify everything went right and it's not like Ephemera is getting voted tomorrow so his targets don't matter and therefore he shouldn't target me so that Nick can doublecheck the plan's success.
...wait a minute. What would happen if literally anyone else kills you?
If Cel is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.
If Nick is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.
If Naga is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.
If Mera is scum and kills you: I would be blamed.

Uh... There is also the question of "What would happen if you don't die, but I do?"
Not when we make it clear that's the case. @People If I'm dead tonight, it could be WIFOM and Zone could still very much be town so we should probably ignore it if that ends up happening.
If you die from the nightkill, then we're not the scumteam so the plan still worked lol.

NinjaPenguin

The only way the plan fails is if scum kills either of us in which case that scumteam possibility is by definition cleared lol.
Cel and Ephemera would then need to not target me with their abilities. This should be fine because even if they are scum and mess with the plan to make it appear that we can't be teamed, that means they are scum and therefore we can't be teamed.

tl;dr
-We no lynch but Ephemera keeps his vote on Nick to protect him tonight
-Nick targets me
-Naga redirects Zone to me
-Cel/Ephemera/Zone target somebody besides me
-Zone/Me scumteam gets deconfirmed as a possibility tomorrow (AKA something large is gained out of the no lynch)

If anybody sees any issues with this plan, please speak now. If you don't, please agree with it so you can't use the excuse tomorrow that you were incompetent. I might be wrong but I believe deconfirming us two as a team is the only team combo that can be done with this if Cel's ability comes back tonight, but it should put the roles to good use.
Tagging everybody who hasn't responded so they can confirm they're following it or object:
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
@Ephemera
@NaganadelIsBeast
@Celever

Zone Q11

Yes but couldn't he visit me tonight? If he does, I believe that would mess with the pseudo-watcher half of Nick's claim (since if I wasn't visited, that would mean something happened to Naga and thus he didn't target me so the plan would fail). Nick needs to check visits just to verify everything went right and it's not like Ephemera is getting voted tomorrow so his targets don't matter and therefore he shouldn't target me so that Nick can doublecheck the plan's success.
You are Cynthia and you are aligned with The Pokemon Trainers. You have managed to escape one of the first attacks on the city but lost contact with your parents. Eager to find them you decide to join the team so they could return a favor and help you to find your missing parents. Lance promised you that once they find some key stones he will be able to help you out. When you asked him why he even needs you, he just said that it is not you that he needs but your beloved Gardevoir.
Pokemon: Gardevoir
Passive Ability: Fairy Guard
The last player you voted in the end of each day (if survived and did not get lynched) cannot be killed during the following night.
Active Ability: Light Screen
Each day you may target 2 players. By the end of the day, if the two players vote you and you survive, the two players will not be able to target you in the following night.
Win Condition: Eliminate all Project Fusion members.
My ability's hard to prove, but here it is.
I just want to say: He can't visit you even if you want to; he is not a problem.
Not when we make it clear that's the case. @People If I'm dead tonight, it could be WIFOM and Zone could still very much be town so we should probably ignore it if that ends up happening.
If you die from the nightkill, then we're not the scumteam so the plan still worked lol.
...now I am 100% sure that one of us is going to die because of this plan, and that person is me. (It will be even worse when it is you, because then I will be the one to blame... Do you really expect that Cel and Nick would believe that it was WIFOM if you were the one to die?)

NinjaPenguin

...now I am 100% sure that one of us is going to die because of this plan, and that person is me. (It will be even worse when it is you, because then I will be the one to blame... Do you really expect that Cel and Nick would believe that it was WIFOM if you were the one to die?)
Actually wait if I'm nightkilled it doesn't matter because if you were scum your teammate just as easily could have performed the kill so there's no reason you would need to be the one carrying it out. It shouldn't implicate you.

Come to think of it if I'm targeted by the nightkill that could count as being visited and then Naga would have the opportunity to redirect your ability to his scummate without being noticed so they'd be lynchproof. Which means mechanically if I die tonight always lynch Naga unless you're feeling 100% sure the Zone-Cel scumteam is a thing (I'd feel OK losing to this possibility since I don't see any evidence that supports it and I hope you guys (i.e. Ephemera and Nick) would trust my read there and take anything that happens tomorrow with a grain of salt in case it's scum theatre).

Status
Not open for further replies.