SM11 Miracle Twins!

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Great Potion art is just Arc Reactor, don't let them lie to you. It's a picture of Tony's later suits before they got painted.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
The Golisopod is pretty good, with choice band it can hit 210 on non-fire Pokemon which is a great and can use triple acceleration energy / aqua patch. So you can get it to 210 damage in a single turn.

Will there be a water Wimpod too? (then you can pull them out using Brooklet Hill and aqua patch onto Wimpods).

Is Zoroark GX the best pairing here? (Quagsire is slower)

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I literally had a disappointed but not surprised meme here because I saw the headline and automatically assumed Golisopod was Grass. lmao But it being Water is a new type for it in the TCG and therefore good.

Last edited:

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Aegislash can be played as a 2/2 or 3/3 in a deck with Meganium. I honestly wouldn't bother with Dusk Stone because of Aegislash's ability, which makes Meganium and Rare Candy well worth it. You can return the Honedge and Aegislash to hand (since that's how the ability works) and continuously cycle Aegislash turn by turn with Quick-Ripening Herb. Throw in Jirachi to get Items and improve consistency, a few more Stage 2's (probably Swampert and/or Incineroar), and you've got a solid deck. This is a deck I could see playing 4 Acro Bike and 4 Judge Whistle. You can even just play Recycle Energy to have space for more Items.

TATECE1234

gotem
The Golisopod is pretty good, with choice band it can hit 210 on non-fire Pokemon which is a great and can use triple acceleration energy / aqua patch. So you can get it to 210 damage in a single turn.

Will there be a water Wimpod too? (then you can pull them out using Brooklet Hill and aqua patch onto Wimpods).

Is Zoroark GX the best pairing here? (Quagsire is slower)
But all of those cards, besides quag and triple, are rotating

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Ah I forgot... so it becomes maybe a bit slower then? You could still Naganadel & Quag one water energy and then triple energy attach...
It's a stage 1, so you can just attach a water to the Wimpod and then TCE the next turn to Golisipod.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
It's a stage 1, so you can just attach a water to the Wimpod and then TCE the next turn to Golisipod.
I think Robert was trying to think of ways to keep a stream of Golisopod going each turn. You do need Naganadel or something to keep up the attachment, since it needs at least 2 to attack. I'm honestly not sold on how good this is. It seems less than ideal outside of the Reshizard matchup simply because it relies on TAE. For just a TAE, Slowking can already OHKO a powered up ReshiZard.

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Golisopod looks like it has a lot of potential, as well as destroying Reshizard.

Great Potion is probably not very good, but it's good in Celesaur at least.

Robert Fuchs

I think Robert was trying to think of ways to keep a stream of Golisopod going each turn. You do need Naganadel or something to keep up the attachment, since it needs at least 2 to attack. I'm honestly not sold on how good this is. It seems less than ideal outside of the Reshizard matchup simply because it relies on TAE. For just a TAE, Slowking can already OHKO a powered up ReshiZard.

Yeah a one turn first impression is more powerful, two turns to power it up is more like "second impression" :) Guzma is gone too though isn't it? So maybe you can afford to take two turns to power it up?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Oh cool, Water Golisopod! And that art is absolutely gorgeous. I don't care how good or bad that card is, I want it for that art alone.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Sadly, this Golisopod doesn't synergize well with Quagnag. Here you want move energy off the active to a benched Golisopod, so that active Golisopod can retreat for free.

Robert Fuchs

Sadly, this Golisopod doesn't synergize well with Quagnag. Here you want move energy off the active to a benched Golisopod, so that active Golisopod can retreat for free.

Suppose you have some other Pokemon active with a free retreat, or another Golisopod with no energies attached.
Evolve another Golisopod on your bench.
Retreat and make the benched Golisopod active.
Use Quag to move a water energy to it.
attach a triple.
Good to go hit for 180 or 210.

Bigger problem is with QuagNag and Golisopod now you have three stage 1 Pokemon's to evolve.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Suppose you have some other Pokemon active with a free retreat, or another Golisopod with no energies attached.
Evolve another Golisopod on your bench.
Retreat and make the benched Golisopod active.
Use Quag to move a water energy to it.
attach a triple.
Good to go hit for 180 or 210.

Bigger problem is with QuagNag and Golisopod now you have three stage 1 Pokemon's to evolve.
(Hem hem Jirachi)

The Last Shaymin

Floof
you guys are all overcomplicating the golisopod.

heres the strat:

Golisopod/Blastoise/Articuno

slap a triple CE on goli and blastoise the energy

then you can retreat, the energy gets discarded.

you do it again, and when you run out of triple ce you can just spam energy onto the goli with blastoise

*mic drop*

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Great potion? Typo. They meant terrible potion. Stupid auto correct. Though it is good in Celesaur.

Golisopod looks ok. Clunky though.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Y'all are saying Great Potion is terrible but I think Great Potion could make for an interesting tech option. 50 HP healing may be enough to turn 2HKOs into 3HKOs which can be a big deal. It's a lot more playable than Giant Bomb to say the least.