Contest PokéPoetry! IX: Poets Strike Back (Congratulations, VioletValkyrie!)

To be fair, props to Jabs for going in with a limerick of all things. If he's flexing before we start I'm going to have to show him something once we really get to it, though.
Yeah, although, I feel I could flex in your territory of free verse before starting but, I won't ;)

I wasn't going to because I suuuck at poetry, but what the hell. Sign me up for a song. :p

In for greetings, Ku.
(That’s a synonym for hi, ku, which is a synonym for haiku.)
Because I’m too bland to do anything else.

Not sure if I'm competing (torn on that due to my perceived ineptitude of poetry), but for now I'm just curious as to how songs are judged. Do you just write lyrics and call it an entry or do you need to record vocals, instrumental etc.?

Not sure if I'm competing (torn on that due to my perceived ineptitude of poetry), but for now I'm just curious as to how songs are judged. Do you just write lyrics and call it an entry or do you need to record vocals, instrumental etc.?
If it's your perceived ineptitude of poetry that's stopping you from participating, well, it can't hurt to try! Besides, if I do end up competing, my work will make everyone else look like seasoned poets in comparison. :D

If it's your perceived ineptitude of poetry that's stopping you from participating, well, it can't hurt to try! Besides, if I do end up competing, my work will make everyone else look like seasoned poets in comparison. :D

Maybe I might! I am considering the possibility of a song amongst a few options, which is why I'd like to know how the songs are judged.

Maybe I might! I am considering the possibility of a song amongst a few options, which is why I'd like to know how the songs are judged.
The way I thought I'd do it was pick an existing song beat and give it new lyrics lol.

For judging songs, I imagine a good layout would be to provide the referenced song you're borrowing the beat from and then just type out the lyrics. I don't think you'd have to do the entire thing, maybe just enough to capture what you want to. If you do let it get lengthy, then possibly put it in a spoiler tag to make reading the whole page easier.

Just be sure to guide everyone on how to sing it.

Edit: You are very much free to upload any singing, though!

Also, this is a reminder for those of you who haven't provided a style yet - @Blakers @Nyan - to do so by Thursday night. If you're still on the fence about joining, you have some time before signups end. Add a post or edit your original that clearly states your intentions, though!

@bbninjas is trying to lower our expectations so he can blow us away. Nice try, bb

I'm onto you

Last edited:
Question 1: Can I switch form of poetry?
Question 2: Is an acrostic a form of poetry?
Question 3: If both of those were “yes,” can I switch to an acrostic?

@Lord Goomy

Make sure it has more than a few words (like if you get Muk and it's one word per line...). Of course it depends on the Pokemon you get, but I'm willing to give it a shot so long as you provide some content!

giphy.gif

@Lord Goomy

Make sure it has more than a few words (like if you get Muk and it's one word per line...). Of course it depends on the Pokemon you get, but I'm willing to give it a shot so long as you provide some content!

giphy.gif
Oh, yeah, nothing less.
Thanks... heh.
I do a wierd style of acrostic where I string together sentences into something that resembles prose...
Perfect
Is the only way to describe such a fabulously
Zany invention. Whoever thought (besides Pythagoras, maybe) that such a round object could be cut into such edgy pieces was clearly a
Zealous cheese freak.
Ah, what a food.

Everything's been updated, thank you guys for being active and (ultimately) decisive.

Signups will end sometime tonight, so if you're lurking and still aren't sure, you have a little bit more time!

I never expected this contest to get 15 participants (and I didn't even sign up) considering the creative dry spell. I can't wait to see how everything turns out, and I hope this marks a resurgence for content!

I'll post again tonight once signups end and the randomized Pokemon have been assigned.

Back