'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Wechselbalg

brb
First attack is cute because of the bulkiness of TTGXes in general but other than that this is even worse than Latios&Latias TT.

People thought that Kiawe and Ho-oh would be busted back when Ho-oh was able to hit good numbers with CB and look how good that deck was...And we even had Volcanion-EX back then.

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
Playability wise it’ll just be a kiawe beatstick

Collectability wise collectors are already crossing their fingers that the hyper rare will not be insanity like charizard gx from burning shadows

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
FINALLY! Been waiting on this card for weeks. Was really hoping it would be better, but seems ok I guess and is definitely not the worst tag team we have seen. Honestly, not sure what it pairs best with but Flareon GX does seem like a decent option.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping for this card to be something crazy and exciting but it's literally just a bigger Ho-oh GX L O L

I expected nothing and was still disappointed.

AlittleSTARme

Aspiring Trainer
all i can see is this being a bigger ho-oh GX but without a viable GX move this just makes me sad it just seems boring nothing cool like a awsome GX attack or a cool gimmick its just there its not a bad card its just boring. :(

Last edited:

Polaris

This isn't a bad card. Usual Pokebeach pessimism. I remember when everybody here said Blacephelon-GX, Ultra Necrozma-GX, and even Zoroark-GX etc. were awful/ underwhelming. Not that I think this card is meta-breaking, but its not an awful card. The problem is that its just a fatter, better Ho-Oh GX and the problem with Ho-oh/Kiawe wasn't lack of damage or HP but lack of an engine that could keep the deck attacking every turn. This card doesn't add anything to that deck, so I don't expect it to change how good that deck is in the meta. But it isn't a terrible card, and there's nothing wrong with its attacks.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
This isn't a bad card. Usual Pokebeach pessimism. I remember when everybody here said Blacephelon-GX, Ultra Necrozma-GX, and even Zoroark-GX etc. were awful/ underwhelming. Not that I think this card is meta-breaking, but its not an awful card. The problem is that its just a fatter, better Ho-Oh GX and the problem with Ho-oh/Kiawe wasn't lack of damage or HP but lack of an engine that could keep the deck attacking every turn. This card doesn't add anything to that deck, so I don't expect it to change how good that deck is in the meta. But it isn't a terrible card, and there's nothing wrong with its attacks.
“Gardevoir GX isn’t going to be a superb meta deck because it’s a Stage 2.”
- Half of Pokebeach.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Even though I literally was just being pessimistic, I do agree with you. It's a fine card that will see play, even if just a rogueish kind of deck.

Nyora

A Cat
Wow, Welder’sa pretty dope. Blace may not have as much of a need for Energy Switches anymore, but I might keep them anyways. This also obviously combos well with Charizard & Reshiram-GX. FIre Crystal + Welder will be deadly with TEU Ninetales as well. You get draw support, Attachments, AND a switch.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Old Volcanion strategy is back again, along with "Blacksmith" style Welder that is really good with energy attachment and draw power in one. Now you can Lt. Surge and use to Welder's turn one and not even bother with Kiawe turn delay. Surprised they gave Reshiram/Charizard Gx 270 Hp but artwork looks way better than the deck box art they revealed earlier.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
This card is REALLY bad. Like almost all Charizard cards, the attack cost is too much for it to be viable. Sure, Outrage is nice, but do I really want to use Outrage with a 3-prizer?
It doesn't look that bad to me. If there is any energy accel in Double Blaze which there probably will; i think that this card might be okay. But outrage is the only attack that costs less.