Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: Game Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 6 ~ Eviction

The time has come houseguests, for the Eviction Ceremony. Our nominees are @Fiery_Lugia and @TOTAL_EPICNESS, one will make it to the Top 3. One will not, as only one more seat in the Final 3 remains.

@NinjaPenguin will not vote as the Head of Household, which means @Hermes will be casting the sole vote to evict one of you. Hermes, you have 24 hours, or until Saturday December 22, 2018 at 8AM EST to cast your vote to evict either FL or TE.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 6 ~ Eviction Results

This Eviction Ceremony has reached it's end, and the vote has been counted. One of the nominated houseguests was evicted this ceremony and will be unable to continue the game. As they've been eliminated, communication with them about the game is strictly prohibited as long as they're out of the game.

I'll read the vote...
Seventh person voted out, and the sixth member of our jury. @TOTAL_EPICNESS (1-0).

Well you've made it to the Final 3. Later today, Week 7 will begin, and it will be your last Head of Household competition. You are this close. Good luck...

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 7 ~ Final HOH, Round #1

Week 7 (Top 3):
We're down to the wire, houseguests! Congratulations on making it to the Final 3 @Fiery_Lugia, @NinjaPenguin, and @Hermes. There's only more leg before you've reached the end! It's time to kick off the Final HOH Competition of the season. Seeing as this is a 3-Part HOH, this is only Round 1. Whichever of the three of you manages to win this competition will move on to the final round. And what is the first part? An old competition from BB1...

Food Stack! This competition was won by Vracken, barely beating out his competition with 107 points. None of you have played this exact stacker game before, but I'm sure you're all well familiar with how this works. You have 24 hours, or until Saturday December 22, 2018 at 1PM EST to submit the highest score you can for this round!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 7 ~ Final HOH, Round #2

With a score of 221, @Hermes won Round 1 of the HOH! He's landed himself one of the spots in the Final Round, where he'll face off against the winner of Round 2. And for Round 2, the competition that began the crazy twisted Dainslef Ritual in BB4...

Squares 2! This competition was won by Blakers, who barely edged out LC with 23,997 points. Only @Fiery_Lugia and @NinjaPenguin, as the losers of Round 1, will be participating in this round. You guys have 24 hours, or until Sunday December 23, 2018 at 1PM EST to submit the highest score you can for this challenge.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 7 ~ Final HOH, Final Round

With a score of 37,388, @NinjaPenguin won Round 2 of the HOH! NP's landed himself the second spot in the Final Round, where he'll face off against the winner of Round 1, @Hermes. Seeing as @Fiery_Lugia has lost both rounds, he will not be competing in this Final Round. The same Final Round as in BB2...

Know Your Jury! This competition was won by NinjaPenguin, who out edged out Celever with 3/6 correct responses. You'll be trying to figure out which juror is linked to which answer that's given. For each question there is a quote, and 3 juror options as to who might have said it. 2 are wrong, 1 is correct. Now below, here are the questions:

What game move do you regret making the most?
"I think none of them."
A) TOTAL_EPICNESS
B) Mariano11887
C) VioletValkyrie
What was the funniest moment of the season?
"When Gekki became the world's nicest blackmailer."
A) VioletValkyrie
B) TOTAL_EPICNESS
C) Jadethepokemontrainer
Who is this season’s most robbed player?
"Cel. Cel. Cel."
A) GekkisaiDaiNi
B) Jadethepokemontrainer
C) Little Cherrim
This season, what was the worst move someone made?
"Nick being Nick and doing literally nothing."
A) GekkisaiDaiNi
B) Jadethepokemontrainer
C) Little Cherrim
What was the most shocking event this season?
"Hermes intruding. Everyone's going to answer that."
A) Mariano11887
B) Little Cherrim
C) VioletValkyrie
Who out of the Final 3 do you believe deserves to be there the least?
"FL, for not making his own plays during the game and continuing to ride off the success of others."
A) Jadethepokemontrainer
B) VioletValkyrie
C) Mariano11887

The two of you have 24 hours, or until Sunday December 24, 2018 at 1PM EST to submit your answers for all 6 of the questions above. But since you’re both high activity players, and this is a one and done challenge, I’d love it if you guys could get your guesses in much sooner.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 7 ~ Final HOH, Results

Alright. It was incredibly fast, but both Hermes and NP have made their guesses, and it's time to unveil the winner... As before, FL was not participating as he lost both of the first two rounds. The correct results. are bolded in each answer now.

What game move do you regret making the most?
"I think none of them."
A) TOTAL_EPICNESS
B) Mariano11887
C) VioletValkyrie

NP was incorrect, answering C.
Hermes was correct.
What was the funniest moment of the season?
"When Gekki became the world's nicest blackmailer."
A) VioletValkyrie
B) TOTAL_EPICNESS
C) Jadethepokemontrainer

NP was incorrect, answering A.
Hermes was correct.
Who is this season’s most robbed player?
"Cel. Cel. Cel."
A) GekkisaiDaiNi
B) Jadethepokemontrainer
C) Little Cherrim

NP was correct.
Hermes was incorrect, answering B.
This season, what was the worst move someone made?
"Nick being Nick and doing literally nothing."
A) GekkisaiDaiNi
B) Jadethepokemontrainer
C) Little Cherrim

NP was correct.
Hermes was correct.
What was the most shocking event this season?
"Hermes intruding. Everyone's going to answer that."
A) Mariano11887
B) Little Cherrim
C) VioletValkyrie

NP was correct.
Hermes was correct.
Who out of the Final 3 do you believe deserves to be there the least?
"FL, for not making his own plays during the game and continuing to ride off the success of others."
A) Jadethepokemontrainer
B) VioletValkyrie
C) Mariano11887

NP was incorrect, answering A.
Hermes was correct.

Congratulations @Hermes, with 5/6 correct responses, you win the Final HOH of the season, and now hold a guaranteed spot in the Final 2! You have 24 hours, or until Monday December 24, 2018 at 2PM EST to publicly evict either @NinjaPenguin or @Fiery_Lugia.

Hermes

Dynamic
Yes! I can't believe it, I thought I was done for!

Now I'm sure everyone's aware of the apparently rivalry @NinjaPenguin and I have had over the final weeks of this season. We went back and forth, neither of us really succeeding in taking the other out. This is where the story comes to end. In any circumstance I'd much prefer to take you to the end, NP, but I'm well aware I lose essentially every jury vote if I do that. I can't bring you to the game and win it, I'm sorry. Lorde, I vote to evict NinjaPenguin.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 7 ~ Eviction Results

Eighth person voted out, and the seventh and final member of our jury... @NinjaPenguin.

Congratulations, you have made it to the Final 2 @Fiery_Lugia and @Hermes. We'll see you back here in this thread for our finale in 24 hours, or Monday December 24, 2018 at 2PM EST. Get some rest and prepare your cases for the win.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Finale Opening

Alright. The jury actually seems quite ready to start this now, and so I will. Forget waiting a day. Congratulations on making it to the finale! @Fiery_Lugia, @Hermes, the two of you will be answering whatever is asked of you. This is your final obstacle, do well here and you may just win the title!

But first, we have to welcome the people who decide your fate here… the jury. Please welcome: @GekkisaiDaiNi, @VioletValkyrie, @Mariano11887, @Jadethepokemontrainer, @Little Cherrim, @TOTAL_EPICNESS, and @NinjaPenguin. This jury will make their decision and place their votes on the winner of this game!

Each juror will be able to ask each finalist a single question. These questions can be about anything, whether they’re serious or not is up to the juror. Jurors, you’re not required to ask any questions if you don’t wish to.

The discussion may now begin! You have 48 hours from now for discussion, and all votes must be placed in the next 72 hours, or by Wednesday December 26, 2018 at 3PM EST. This means you have 2 days for discussion, and 3 to place votes. To cast your vote, simply send me a PokéBeach Forum PM or a DM on Discord. I’m not extending the deadline for undecided jurors, there's no reason not to vote and you will gain my ire if you don’t. Do not submit votes through the jury chat. They will be ignored.

Hermes

Dynamic
Hey guys! I’m... still a bit shocked I made it this far, honestly.

My strategy was pretty simple: get rid of the competitive threats. That goal goes back to the very moment I entered this game. Without the competitive threats, I was able to steamroll through the game's competitions. It took a lot longer than I would've preferred, but I got it in the end.
- Entering the Anti-Alliance in Week 3, they already wanted Gekki gone, and since I knew he was a powerful competitive player I decided to simply go along with it, though I was the one who suggested how to go about doing it to Violet (which she followed, in the end).
- Week 4 I was nominated right off the bat, but fought to save myself. I knew the bid would be to save Vi if the veto were used at all, and if that happened I’d be in the line of fire. And ultimately, I voted out Violet because I knew how much havoc she could wreak on a game, as well as thinking long term about who the few people I could actually beat were.
- Week 5 I finally took power, though failed to take out either of my main targets (NP or TE) as NP had saved himself, though FL made the surprising but equally terrible play to remove Jade over TE.
- Week 6 was another struggle to the next week for me. I knew I would be nominated by anyone who managed to win, and NP followed through with that. I spent tons of time in the POV, and saved myself again. Luckily, I had full control over the vote this time around, and I knew TE and NP were aligned, and there was no scenario in which I beat TE or NP in the finals. I knew I had to bring FL with me to the end, and so I TE was left.
- Week 7 was essentially the final battle between NP and I. Ultimately I came out on top, and I sent him to the jury.

I succeeded not only in getting myself to the end this time around, but I’ve had an incredibly strategic role in this game that I didn’t have in BB4.
- I was the one who convinced Vi to nominate LC and TE as a means to try and keep Gekki from the POV, and it worked. Simple luck but it worked.
- In the case that I didn’t win the Week 5 HOH, I discussed the game with LC, and had him prepared to flip on NP and join me. I ultimately discarded this idea, as I’d won the competition and had the ability to keep my allies (Mariano and FL) safe.
- I knew that TE was lying to me when he was making his plea to me to keep him at the Final 4. He’s good, definitely, but he also knows he could beat me in the end. Saving you would’ve effectively ended my game TE, I hope you understand.

If you want a great reason to vote for me, vote for me because of how much I changed both this game (the season) as well as changed and evolved my own personal gameplay. Not only did I incorporate actual strategic senses in my game, but I even managed to win more competitions than I did last season. I won 3 in BB4, but I managed to win 5 (Week 4 POV, Week 5 HOH, Week 5 Roadkill, Week 6 POV, Week 7 HOH) this season, more than double any other player this season.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
First of all I'd like to take the most credit I can and say that I was the first one to approve of Lorde posting this early. That doesn't mean anything, but I thought you all should know. <3
As for questioning, I wanted to be the first to get my thoughts out since I had them ready since my eviction and tend to play a solo role in the jury.

For @Hermes
You came into the game during Week 3 as the game's intruder. With this being the eighth week, this means you skipped an entire quarter of the game, and were awarded free jury simply for signing up, without having to work for it. In fact, one could argue that you didn't have to work a lot for the game in general. I remember being told that your position of intruder was considered due to your amazing performance as a newcomer in BB4, but that you did absolutely nothing to earn it in BB5. I'm impressed by your competitive prowess and ability to carry the torch once you stepped into the game, but I knew nothing of your social game, and suspect you never even had one, as I became fully aware you and FL had seemed to grow distrust in each other once I left, being the glue keeping you two together.
If there was a reason I would vote for you, it's because you showed incredible competitive strength in spades and brought an entire mid-late game to its knees. Something it should be more than obvious to the jury as something I admire. This brings me to my question:

What did you do in this game to actually earn your position besides simply being better in competitions than others, and why do you deserve to win when you gained an unfair advantage for a quarter of the game because of something completely unrelated to the current game at hand?

For @Fiery_Lugia
FL, you know I love you. But after BB3 the big thing I hoped for your growth as a houseguest was that you wouldn't rely on me to win your battles. Ignoring how we've interacted in games, you've been one of my favourite people to ally with because of your unending support and those surprises you give me as the game advances. I enjoy being a tank to keep my support safe, so to speak. And you've certainly surprised me at points this game, winning Avoider and breaking your trust with Hermes in order to attempt to backstab him and steer Jade's elimination in the direction you desired. The only thing is, the former played into my hands and the latter accomplished nothing big. The thing is, the reason I included you in the Anti-Alliance was that I knew you wouldn't backstab me. If the alliance fell apart, I would be face to face with Hermes, Mariano, and Celever, three big threats I knew I couldn't keep up with on my own, so I needed vote weight, where I could easily come to you. After two full games of following whoever allied with you, being me in BB3 and Quaking in BB4, I was hoping you would realize the major flaw in your playstyle and set yourself apart from the crowd. You didn't, allowing me to abuse that flaw while I was still alive.

What was the biggest play you made by yourself and does it affect the game in a large enough scale to give you my vote? Instead of laying low and following others, what did you do to separate yourself from the rest of the game and why do you deserve your finalist position?

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
First of all I'd like to take the most credit I can and say that I was the first one to approve of Lorde posting this early. That doesn't mean anything, but I thought you all should know. <3
And I was the one to initially propose the idea, just thought you all should know.

Hermes

Dynamic
First, I'd like to address this:
In fact, one could argue that you didn't have to work a lot for the game in general.
I think this is false. The moment I became vulnerable I was the biggest target there was. If I hadn't won Hex, I'd be in your jury spot. I know the goal Week 6 was to take me out. NP would've certainly taken me out had he won that last portion of the HOH. It may have been shorter but I still had to fight tooth and nail to stay, every week and every competition I was here for. I survived 4 weeks of being directly targeted and managed to reach the end, that's an achievement I can say I'm proud of.
I knew nothing of your social game, and suspect you never even had one, as I became fully aware you and FL had seemed to grow distrust in each other once I left, being the glue keeping you two together.
Sure, the competitions suggest that I didn't need a social game, and that might be correct, but I knew I needed to plan for the worst. With Week 5, I knew I'd be a target. During that HOH, LC reached out to me, I can assume trying to make me a puppet of his, saying he and TE had broken off. I knew he was lying, I got him to admit he lied and eventually convinced him of the truth: you and NP were working closely together, and NP was in a position where he wouldn't be anyone's target. LC bought into this, and expressed interest in flipping on NP alongside TE. That was an alliance I formed as a backup plan, though I never needed it and decided not to go down that route.

The following week, as TE's making his plea to me to try and stay alive in the game, I caught his bluff with his fake logs of FL's, saying he wanted me gone. I knew this to be the case the moment FL made the odd and ultimately useless decision to flip on me and go for Jade, despite me asking him to vote out the biggest threat on that block: TE. After BB4, you all definitely took me for a puppet, and after that season I wouldn't call that an unfair assumption. But I came to right my wrongs from BB4, and I think I've done that pretty well.
What did you do in this game to actually earn your position besides simply being better in competitions than others, and why do you deserve to win when you gained an unfair advantage for a quarter of the game because of something completely unrelated to the current game at hand?
I think the things I summed up in my first post as well as earlier in this one answer that pretty well.

The intrusion was something I was hesitant about at first, also, but I agreed because Lorde asked me, and I knew she was only trying to make the game as interesting as possible. As long as I still got to play, I'd ultimately be okay with it. I suppose the intrusion was a bit of an out there twist, but it shouldn't discount how well I played in the weeks I was here for.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Congrats on making F2!
@Hermes You probably would have been evicted by literally everybody in the house every single week of this competition if you didn't win either HoH or PoV, but you won at least one every single week to guarantee your spot here. Can you give us all some tips on how to become such a competition beast?
@Fiery_Lugia I don't think you were the target of any player in the house for the entirety of the game. What strategy did you use to work your way into such a position?

Hermes

Dynamic
@Hermes You probably would have been evicted by literally everybody in the house every single week of this competition if you didn't win either HoH or PoV, but you won at least one every single week to guarantee your spot here. Can you give us all some tips on how to become such a competition beast?
Hah time, that's it. My winter break started on the 13th this month, after that I had the time and drive to push myself. Much more than BB4 too. If you can manage to find time in your schedule to play the competitions, you can do it. Like Hex and Run 3 specifically took incredibly long to score well on, and I knew those were both competitions I needed to win, so I got into high gear and went as hard as I could.

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
@Fiery_Lugia I don't think you were the target of any player in the house for the entirety of the game. What strategy did you use to work your way into such a position?

I'd have to say it was probably just trying to be at least a little on everyone's good side, as I was allied with 7/11 people in the house for at least a small amount of time.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Grats on F2 to both of you, I've enjoyed watching this game play out very much and you two have both done a great job this game. I only have one question to ask you two.

@Hermes @Fiery_Lugia What are some comments you 2 would have on each other's respective games this season?

Hermes

Dynamic
@Hermes @Fiery_Lugia What are some comments you 2 would have on each other's respective games this season?
I should obviously start by saying I brought FL with me to the end over TE or NP in these final weeks because unless the jury was bitter I should be able to win.

FL's game, at least the way I see it, was largely the same as he played in his first two seasons. He stayed behind more socially connected, powerful players and made little to no impact on the game himself, for the most part following their orders. The notable exception is when he swung to vote out Jade, but that was much more NP's move convincing him than it was FL's. FL did what he usually does, he coasted. TE and NP both had well developed games that could win, FL doesn't have a winning game because he didn't have much of a game to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.