SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

You could use Pidgeotto for its ability, and use Pidgeot as a tech: if your opponent ever has only one Pokemon in play, that second attack could win you the game (since it seems to be lacking the typical "can't use this attack if your opponent only has one Pokemon" catch).

In terms of the card itself it feels like it has the same issues as recent Venusaurs. Good in concept but high energy costs and not enough damage to really make it worth using. Both M Venusaurs suffered the same issue, which is a shame because I always wanted Crisis Vine to work.

Interesting, do you want it like that for uniformity?? I personally love the art on these and it's really starting to make this era even better. I love when ultra rares have a variation in artwork (think XY with cards like colorless Ray or Hoopa-EX having gorgeous 2d artwork).

I honestly think these tag teams are going to be amazing collector pieces and I personally cant wait until they come out.
I do like the art, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think it goes with the GX style, not just consistency. I'm sure I will warm up to these pretty soon, as I do with pretty much everything new that comes out.

This one's pretty meh, but the GX attack is sweet. Then again it still costs way too much and I don't really see SLG Venusaur becoming meta anytime soon.
Actually it does seem pretty decent. Lurantis GX with Shuckle paired with this card? That combo could see potential. And i think i still have lurantis GX and i have plenty of shuckle.

Pidgeotto/Magcargo looks OK, obviously. My only thing with it is like, why not use Zoro instead? However, Pidgeotto also allows you to use it with Looker, meaning if you really needed that other card, you can probably get it. I really only see Pidgeotto being used if you really can't afford to discard too much/don't want to get milled as quickly.

I do like the art, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think it goes with the GX style, not just consistency. I'm sure I will warm up to these pretty soon, as I do with pretty much everything new that comes out.
Yeah, it took me some time to adjust to the new full arts/hyper rares but I really love them now. This whole era in general took me a while to warm up to, given that BW/XY was very similar throughout its lifetime and being that I started during that time adjusting took a good bit of time.

Pidgeotto is already better than the Draw 1 Alolan Sandslash.
Elm can search for the line and it has amazing synergy with Magcargo.

This will see play one way or another.

Actually it does seem pretty decent. Lurantis GX with Shuckle paired with this card? That combo could see potential. And i think i still have lurantis GX and i have plenty of shuckle.

As long as Blacephalon is meta, grass decks in which the attackers give up 2-3 prizes will never have competitive potential imo. You'd have to play that UB immunity Sceptile and that's the point where the clunkiness begins.

Is anybody gonna point out that the GX attack is basically Lysandre´s Trump Card that only affects the user?
That's dope.

At least the Pidgeotto is good.Was really hoping for a Pidgeot-GX to make it worth it. I mean, who though 130 HP was a good idea. The HP on this like is just worthless. I'll still play the deck though.

Allright, so after the crazy expensive christmas weeks I'm gonna have to sell some furniture to get the money for the three cases I need from this set.

Venusaur looks majestic again!! Flash backs to the Base Set card anyone? Oh and Celebi makes the card even more epic.
Or you save the money that you spent for yourself on christmas for the three cases and say it was a late gift from santa.

Couple Lurantis, maybe a SHL Venusaur... Yeah that can be good. Especially with Life Forest and Muscle Pads.

This is a fusion between Base Set Venusaur and Venusaur ex from Fire Red Leaf Green.
He could have a nice ability like energy trans, but the card is OK if you consider it can be supported by Jungle Totem or Vikavolt (even thrown as a tech in rayquaza decks, why not? burn your deck with ray's ability, then GX+ for full deck recover while holding 5 energy for ray attacks - very bulky card). Polen Hazard is pseudo 80 damage, and if not healed, assures 110 total, possibly 150 with luck, but not so reliable.

At this moment, the only Tag Team that is worth of testing is Pikachu/Zekrom, because it's 90% broken. Others are easy 3 prizes, if meta stays the same until there (buzz, blace, sceptiles).

The GX is a little too broken for my liking but let's see how it goes. I can see this paired witj Vikavolt and maybe Meganium finally.

The ETB has the winking Lele promo on it. Yup. I'm sold.

Last edited:
Back