News Rumored New Pokemon Appears Publicly in 'Pokemon GO,' Then Vanishes!

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
I'd agree that an evolution is highly unlikely, but then again if you'd asked me prior to Gen 4 if I thought we'd get a breedable mythical in the future I would have also deemed that highly unlikely as well.

I think chances are very good it's a forme, highly unlikely, yet possible, it is an evolution. I have heard of people suggesting it might be a Mega, which I think is pretty much impossible. If so, I'm not sure why the "catch many and bring them together" mechanic that seems to be promoted here would result in a Mega. Reducing that idea to just getting a Mega stone to get this new version of Meltan would seem to undermine the marketing even if there's some throw away Dex entry that mentions the Mega being made of several Meltan.

Last edited:

Bamaman13

Life long Pokemon fan
I agree with the post 100%, but i would really love for it to be an evolution tho. It would be the first mythical Pokemon to be able to evolve. If i remember correctly, we got our first Legendary Pokemon who can evolve in the last/current gen. So why not make Meltan evolve? Do I think it will evolve? No, but one man can hope so much.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Perhaps Meltan behaves similarly to Wishiwashi, in which Meltan that "school" form Nutto 2.0 or what I like to call "Big Nut".

Ryn7321

real magnet hours
I can guarantee it doesn't work like Zygarde or Wishiwashi. Both of those Pokemon change forms through an ability, and Let's Go doesn't have abilities. It must be a completely different type of form/evolution, maybe like the Reveal Glass, or something based on how many Meltan you've caught?

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
at first i was like Regitan? but we already have a steel regi.
then i thought its like magnemite, but melting instead of magnets.
i agree it does have a Zygarde complete form feel to it.
both vids made it look like Meltan just multiplies on its own, after catching 1.
so im guessing we will get to do mythical research in go to get 1, but cant get this other form without having Lets Go?

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
I hope it's not another collect cells to obtain Zygarde mechanic, because I wasted so much time and frustration on that....

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Meltan’s Sillhouette forme looks like Zygarde with a nut slapped on its head, which would go with the theme of slapping nuts onto Pokémon’s heads.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Meltan’s Sillhouette forme looks like Zygarde with a nut slapped on its head, which would go with the theme of slapping nuts onto Pokémon’s heads.
Truly does It might be stronger than meltan's base form so that might be cool

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Soooooooooooooooooooo......
Are we gonna be able to get Meltan without the use of Pokemon Go?

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Am I the only one who thinks that the meltan possible secondary form shown by the shadows looks similar to regirock or registeel?

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I'd agree that an evolution is highly unlikely, but then again if you'd asked me prior to Gen 4 if I thought we'd get a breedable mythical in the future I would have also deemed that highly unlikely as well.

I think chances are very good it's a forme, highly unlikely, yet possible, it is an evolution. I have heard of people suggesting it might be a Mega, which I think is pretty much impossible. If so, I'm not sure why the "catch many and bring them together" mechanic that seems to be promoted here would result in a Mega. Reducing that idea to just getting a Mega stone to get this new version of Meltan would seem to undermine the marketing even if there's some throw away Dex entry that mentions the Mega being made of several Meltan.
Actually, Meltan could be like wishiwashi, although instead of a school, the Meltan smelt together creating a new form.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
did anybody else notice that the shadow almost looks like Regirock?
also, why did they have to add that red wire in the back?

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, it's a marketing method to make me play Go because even though Pokemon is my favorite franchise I had zero interest in the game and just a few minutes ago I just downloaded it for the 1rst time just to get Meltan.