News Rumored New Pokemon Appears Publicly in 'Pokemon GO,' Then Vanishes!

I believe this is a new Pokemon, maybe the one that could appear as the mystery specie teased in "Let's Go! Pikachu" and "Let's Go! Eevee"... If so, then that will prove those two games as compatible w/ Gen VIII in some way... Mythical Pokemon normally aren't announced until after the release of a new gen(until Magearna was announced 8 months prior to Gen VII's start, making it the first Mythical announcement to break this norm), so in the same vein as Magearna, since Gen VIII is not coming until next November, this Mythical can enjoy some free time before the new Mythical can be transferred to Gen VIII, at which point people can start capturing it, and for once, you could snag one Mythical at launch. Neat!

^ But if that is not a new pokemon, maybe this is Gen 8's MissingNo. sprite, glitch and all...

Last edited:
I hope it's a baby Pokemon. There hasn't been one in a while and it doesn't look like a normal basic Pokemon. It could also be a UB, and that would make sense.

Some people in my pogp community reported seeing it and catching it just before community day started as well as the spawns everywhere right after

I bet this is a niantic made pokemon that the pokemon company let them make and then show off in pogo. Meaning its likely the pokemon we get in the let's go games. That would be the most sensible answer at least

Until proven otherwise I'm just going to say it is a placeholder. It looks so very placeholder-y. Shiny version is just a placeholder for the shiny version of whatever it is meant to placehold. Animation is kinda weird but I'm thinking it's just for cutesieness. The fact that it doesn't have a stable form after the encounter screams glitch to me.

GUYS.
YOU MIGHT NOT BELIEVE THIS.
BUT DITTO NUT/ NUTTO IS STILL AROUND!
on September 24th, 8:22 A.M. Central time, way after the end of chikorita community day, while going to school, I found one of these Nuttos on the nearby. I wanted to catch it, but with 4 minutes until the start of school and me being a bit to far, I simply took a picture of the Pokémon. Unfortunately, the proof was deleted by my sibling, mistaking my phone for his and thinking the picture was junk. However, this did happen, showing this wasn’t an accident by Niantic or The Pokemon Company.

The thing's name was confirmed to be Meltan. It's 7" tall and weighs 17 Pounds. Electric/Metal type.

It's an okay Pokemon with a somewhat unique design. I'll wait until we get more information like moves, Ability(ies) and how it acts in Let's Go before I cast any further judgment.

But, it's piqued my interest to say the least.

Meltan. Pure Steel type. It is a confirmed Mythical Pokemon... so the ID number of 891 is actually a good ballpark estimate of the amount of new Pokemon in Gen 8 (assuming they don't add or remove too many Pokemon in the next 13-15 months, which they absolutely could).

Sigh. All the great names out there and they call it Meltan. I don’t love that it’s real design is so Ditto-ey, but it’s still really cute. I think maybe it will be a HM replacement. It’s really cute though!

Back