February's English Set: 'Team Up!'

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
And then there's cards like this rumored Buzzwole and Pheromosa Tag Team that will destroy not only Z&P, but Zoroark and any other Lightning deck. It may even end up destroying things like baby buzz/shrine decks. My point is that I just don't think that the 3-prize cost is worth it. In many cases, I anticipate, the Tag Teams and their stupid attacks will overpower many of the pre-existing archetypes and create a format where it is just four decks (I say four because buzz and phero is going to kill any hope for electric and dark type Tag Teams, and I expect a dark type one like Greninja and Zoroark to be coming as well) that are viable, and nothing else can reliably win against them.

I mean, not really going against your argument but there's no info about the typing of Buzzwole&Pheromosa iirc; it could very well be a grass card (which would have interesting implications, with the support grass already has) since both are Bug/Fighting.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
And then there's cards like this rumored Buzzwole and Pheromosa Tag Team that will destroy not only Z&P, but Zoroark and any other Lightning deck. It may even end up destroying things like baby buzz/shrine decks. My point is that I just don't think that the 3-prize cost is worth it. In many cases, I anticipate, the Tag Teams and their stupid attacks will overpower many of the pre-existing archetypes and create a format where it is just four decks (I say four because buzz and phero is going to kill any hope for electric and dark type Tag Teams, and I expect a dark type one like Greninja and Zoroark to be coming as well) that are viable, and nothing else can reliably win against them.
B&P may be grass type.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Here's to hoping that Gengar/Mimikyu Tag Gx is the best one in the set and it shouldn't need any evolution's hopefully to get there like old school Ex's were.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I wonder if all of them will be in this set or if they'll be split up. It seems strange that they'd mention only Shiny Lycanroc. Hoping all the Shinies make their way over here.

I in terpreted that any new cards released in Ultra Shiny would be released in the set. So I'm taking that Shiny Lycanroc is a completely new card. I can see them making shiny versions of existing cards in Japan, but we wouldn't get them unless they are promos.

The Almighty Bidoof

I in terpreted that any new cards released in Ultra Shiny would be released in the set. So I'm taking that Shiny Lycanroc is a completely new card. I can see them making shiny versions of existing cards in Japan, but we wouldn't get them unless they are promos.
Once again it’s not confirmed to be the Shiny one. It’s likely actually a Dusk form GX

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
We also don't even know truly how these Tag-Team GX's are going to be implemented until we see Gengar & Mimikyu Tag-Team. While I'm sure a lot of people are assuming they're all going to be basics, we in fact don't know that they won't evolve from prior stages like the current GX's.
This is just me wildly fantasizing here, but I think it would be neat if they implemented them like M Pokemon-EX, but on GXs, i.e. maybe we'll end up needing to evolve from a GX. Or maybe they'll go super crazy and make you put both of the individual Pokemon under the Tag-Team to evolve it, like an Xyz monster from Yu-gi-Man!.

VuDu-JuJu

So based on everyone's comments, did WPM misinterpret or is WPM the one that's right considering they're the one who put the information down as having a "shiny Lycanroc-GX"?

The Almighty Bidoof

So based on everyone's comments, did WPM misinterpret or is WPM the one that's right considering they're the one who put the information down as having a "shiny Lycanroc-GX"?
I can almost guarantee he was making a guess here. Can people not put guesses into news and pass it off as the truth -_-

VuDu-JuJu

Just saying the press release didn't specify that it was in-fact shiny. That was WPM's assumption. I feel like it may be a Dusk Form Lycanroc GX.

here's the actual Press Release BTW: "TAG TEAM Pokémon-GX are here, brand-new cards that feature paired-up and powered-up Pokémon! The Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Team Up expansion offers many amazing battle teams including Pikachu & Zekrom-GX, plus Lycanroc-GX, Hoopa-GX, Cobalion-GX, and more!"

EDIT: Now that we know there are only 6 non-TT-GXs there's no way the Lycanroc is the shiny one. I think Ultra Shiny may be next year's miniset
But they already wasted the name "Shining Legends". What would they call it? Sparkling Shinies? Shining Shinies? Shining Shriners' Super Shinies?
Or since we're coming up with such imaginative names as "Team Up", my money is on "New Shiny Cards: The Set".

The Last Shaymin

Floof
But they already wasted the name "Shining Legends". What would they call it? Sparkling Shinies? Shining Shinies? Shining Shriners' Super Shinies?
Or since we're coming up with such imaginative names as "Team Up", my money is on "New Shiny Cards: The Set".
or "Shiny dies to Shriny"

VuDu-JuJu

or "Shiny dies to Shriny"
First new card of the set: Super Shiny Shrine Prism Star: When you play this card, use it to blind your opponent with how gosh-darned shiny this forker is, and then steal their cards like a good member of Team Rocket.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
First new card of the set: Super Shiny Shrine Prism Star: When you play this card, use it to blind your opponent with how gosh-darned shiny this forker is, and then steal their cards like a good member of Team Rocket.
oh and when it is in play between turns knock out all of the pokemon GXs in play