February's English Set: 'Team Up!'

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
From awesome set names like the BREAK packs and Forbidden light to, "Cliche team up name." And I do know that the name of the set is in that quote.

jgpokemonmaster

Aspiring Trainer
February’s English Set: ‘Team Up!’

Me: Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
It's good to know that the Shiny GX's will be released in English, but I wonder if all of them will be in this set or if they'll be split up. It seems strange that they'd mention only Shiny Lycanroc. Hoping all the Shinies make their way over here.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
It's good to know that the Shiny GX's will be released in English, but I wonder if all of them will be in this set or if they'll be split up. It seems strange that they'd mention only Shiny Lycanroc. Hoping all the Shinies make their way over here.
Just saying the press release didn't specify that it was in-fact shiny. That was WPM's assumption. I feel like it may be a Dusk Form Lycanroc GX.

here's the actual Press Release BTW: "TAG TEAM Pokémon-GX are here, brand-new cards that feature paired-up and powered-up Pokémon! The Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Team Up expansion offers many amazing battle teams including Pikachu & Zekrom-GX, plus Lycanroc-GX, Hoopa-GX, Cobalion-GX, and more!"

EDIT: Now that we know there are only 6 non-TT-GXs there's no way the Lycanroc is the shiny one. I think Ultra Shiny may be next year's miniset

Last edited:

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
So becuz the tag team card is #181. And its the reg. Art. I assume we wont be getting full arts of it . But will they do a secert rare of it?

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Just saying the press release didn't specify that it was in-fact shiny. That was WPM's assumption. I feel like it may be a Dusk Form Lycanroc GX.

What other lycanroc would we get? Only one we dont have is shiny one. Do u really think they make a 4th one? Or even 3rd one woth new attacks? Im prerry positive its the shiny one

here's the actual Press Release BTW: "TAG TEAM Pokémon-GX are here, brand-new cards that feature paired-up and powered-up Pokémon! The Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Team Up expansion offers many amazing battle teams including Pikachu & Zekrom-GX, plus Lycanroc-GX, Hoopa-GX, Cobalion-GX, and more!"

EDIT: Now that we know there are only 6 non-TT-GXs there's no way the Lycanroc is the shiny one. I think Ultra Shiny may be next year's miniset

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Am I the only one that isn't at all excited for this set, knowing that half of the GX are going to be stupid tag teams, making all other decks almost completely irrelevant based off of the Z&P GX?

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
Am I the only one that isn't at all excited for this set, knowing that half of the GX are going to be stupid tag teams, making all other decks almost completely irrelevant based off of the Z&P GX?
I disagree. They're Very high risk, Very high reward cards. For example P&Z gets trampled by Buzzwole. And things like Zoroark should be able to outspeed it.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I disagree. They're Very high risk, Very high reward cards. For example P&Z gets trampled by Buzzwole. And things like Zoroark should be able to outspeed it.
And then there's cards like this rumored Buzzwole and Pheromosa Tag Team that will destroy not only Z&P, but Zoroark and any other Lightning deck. It may even end up destroying things like baby buzz/shrine decks. My point is that I just don't think that the 3-prize cost is worth it. In many cases, I anticipate, the Tag Teams and their stupid attacks will overpower many of the pre-existing archetypes and create a format where it is just four decks (I say four because buzz and phero is going to kill any hope for electric and dark type Tag Teams, and I expect a dark type one like Greninja and Zoroark to be coming as well) that are viable, and nothing else can reliably win against them.