News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Hoopa-EX Full Art still has the better artwork, but these two are pretty good as well. I don't know how much play they'll see if Buzzwole continues to have any sort of presence in the meta.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Oh right, Hoopa-GX exists. I honestly kind of forgot about him to be honest, as nothing sticks out or I tend to think other cards do whatever he does except better. I think Hoopa-GX was the least exciting GX to me revealed so far.

Litten's art looks pretty neat though.

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
I just had my HobbyLink pre-order cancelled. AmiAmi never had it available and Plaza is sold out too. What's going on? Is it only possible to buy these at Pokemon Centers and places like Bic Camera now?

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
I originally thought Hoopa was terrible but looking back at it it doesn’t seem that bad

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Blinkehyo, the attack does 180 damage so long as there is at least one GX on the field. In a spread deck it could allow you to select key Pokémon and put more damage on them to get the KO. Could be useful, but the energy cost does seem costly.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Blinkehyo, the attack does 180 damage so long as there is at least one GX on the field. In a spread deck it could allow you to select key Pokémon and put more damage on them to get the KO. Could be useful, but the energy cost does seem costly.

Not really since we have access to Naganadel and Energy Switch. It is like having Dark Patch available and Naganadel is a decent attacker on its own.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
I know I'm probably too much of a noob, but help me out here, how is that gx attack good?
It's a tad situational. You're basically choosing an EX/GX to deal 30 damage to, six separate times. That means if your opponent has 6 EX/GXs on the field, you could do 30 damage to each, but you could also choose to hit one of them multiple times for 30 damage each time. You can either spread the damage out or choose to focus it on certain targets.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
I think the GX attack could stand to do a tad more damage per hit. It's nice for cleaning up a field but as it is you're only doing 180 to a single GX if you use all six hits on it. If you could target any pokemon you could at least guarantee a knockout on a baby by devoting 4 hits to it, but...

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Every time I see something spread 30 all over the place in one go, it makes my Gengar tumor itch...

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Huh, that basic grimer can actually do quite some damage with salazzle or/and nihilego GX (and for just DCE as well). The total that would be possible is 20(base damage) +50(poison) +50(burned) +50(confused) + 30 (choice band) +10 (devoured field) and +30 (3 salazzle) = 240 for 1 DCE. Although getting this all at the same time is quite hard, I can see this being a pretty good deck.
Other decks I can think off with grimer and alolan muk are muk/garbodor, muk/muk gx and dark stuff and the salazzle/nihilego/grimer thing.

Last edited: