News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Max Maxwell

Aspiring Trainer
Wooooow i'm amazing for alolan grimmer.
It's great in expanded with ariados and virbank gym city.
Alolan muk meh! :D

Knight_of_Ni

Aspiring Trainer
Well... the obvious play is garbodor/alolan muk/shrine of punishment. This will likely receive a significant amount of play.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
That alolan grimer would work well in a Salazzle Ariados deck. Special Condition Triple Whammy is what id call it.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking the same thing. Even in expanded it would be broken. Put Team Rocket's Handiwork into the mix and spice things up a little with Seismitoad EX.
in expanded, so many options, you can use mew to copy its chemical breath for type coverage, and adding in a marshadow should give you broader type coverage. mew to deal with pesky buzzwole decks, and marshadow for those zoroarks, combined with hypnotoxic or niheligo. alolan muk can be useful in a milling deck. also to increase damage, add in sevipers and virbank city for maximum poison effect.
Possibly be used in a latios hybrid deck, but how to conted with the cards though.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Huh, that basic grimer can actually do quite some damage with salazzle or/and nihilego GX (and for just DCE as well). The total that would be possible is 20(base damage) +50(poison) +50(burned) +50(confused) + 30 (choice band) +10 (devoured field) and +30 (3 salazzle) = 240 for 1 DCE. Although getting this all at the same time is quite hard, I can see this being a pretty good deck.
Other decks I can think off with grimer and alolan muk are muk/garbodor, muk/muk gx and dark stuff and the salazzle/nihilego/grimer thing.
you mean seviper? seviper is useful adds more poison damage.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Both Grimer and Muk are good, though for different reasons.

The Alolan Muk is definitely powerful alongside Garbodor, especially since it now gives Garb an option to pressure players that try to play around Trashalanche. If the opponent tries to avoid playing item cards, then Muk's ability becomes more effective.

Alolan Grimer's attack is surprisingly strong for that energy cost and being on an evolving basic. I would argue it is better than the main attack on Alolan Muk-GX. Other comments have gone into the math, and the damage along with special conditions do stack up rather quickly.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Alolan Grimer/Muk - both of them are so redonk!! Muk helps Garb and Grimer is great in some ways. Don't use Nihilego if you don't want to Poison yourself, if you do, run 2 Switch. 4/4

The Last Shaymin

Floof
oh hecc a new card that works with shrine imagine that!!!

woh so cool im totally coming back to the standard format becasue this amazing thing is being released

10/10 really good interesting new card that adds unique ways to play while lowering the price barrier even further!!!

i so cant wait until this thing becomes playable