Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there's still confusion about what you are allowed to say, so I'll clear that up now.

It's simple. As mentioned in the OP, quoting your role pm, your safe claim, or any parts of either is always okay. Lying about your role is always okay.

You are not allowed to quote anything outside of that. If I tell you something in regard to your role, like results, or clarification on how it works, or answering any other questions you have about the game, you can not quote those posts from me. You are permitted to share this info with the town, but you just can't quote me directly.

Saying "pmj said this" is okay.
pmj said:
is not.

Hope that clears things up.

Give us your thoughts. Just cause he's subbed out doesn't mean his slot no longer exists.
I already did in #379 and even repeated it at #491.
Zone what you can do is give us some quotes to support your reads and some detail on why you think so. You can also place a vote and begin to push it.
Well...
-> My reason for doubting you as town is because you defended eevee whom at the time you don't know whether he will help or not. Only now do we know that eevee is town, but the fact that you tried to save a possible threat is worrisome.
-> ...hm? Possible threat... Hey, is anyone going to talk about the NK? If the indie is harmful, then there ought to be two doctors, right?
-> I think I already stated why I am more wary of Keeper than you and I already said that he will come after Luis ...whose post I will respond right now:
Yes, I agree he was being way more cryptic than he should have. But it took just that "slip" for everyone to jump in an insane bukkake all over him and asking stuff agressively that, regarless of whatever he said, nobody changed his mind. He said "I'm town" and you all had him cornered at gun point asking him to claim, like that would have changed a thing. I myself would have at least waited and, honestly, not placed a vote until he started being clear about things (WIFOM possibly, but considering I'm a sub I guess I get to say my stance). Either way, he /wasn't/ being clear and got lynched for that, but I do have to say that it was a desperate/agressive lynch and all to avoid lynching jplap. I don't remember all very clearly but I'd look a bit more into those that drove the lynch heavily.
Did you read Celever's posts?
First it was a slip, then it was constant denial, then it was a contradiction, then he admitted defeat? I won't deny that the possibility of a scum among the eevee-voters is high, but how the hell are we supposed to think that eevee was town if he behaved like that!?
It was very situational and even at the last minutes, no one thought that eevee was town. At least, I sure as hell didn't.
Seems there's still confusion about what you are allowed to say, so I'll clear that up now.

It's simple. As mentioned in the OP, quoting your role pm, your safe claim, or any parts of either is always okay. Lying about your role is always okay.

You are not allowed to quote anything outside of that. If I tell you something in regard to your role, like results, or clarification on how it works, or answering any other questions you have about the game, you can not quote those posts from me. You are permitted to share this info with the town, but you just can't quote me directly.

Saying "pmj said this" is okay. is not.

Hope that clears things up.
I thought this was clear, but thanks for the reminder!

Thing is, I am starting to suspect Jplap has decided to quit the game. He has not posted since late D1 after conveying frustration about getting blamed every game, and that makes me think he might be town frustrated from getting blamed and dropping from the game for it. As scum, I would expect him to become mute, but only for the rest of D1, not up until now. Becoming mute for strategy is something you do as scum to contribute to the scum win con. Becoming mute to the point where you risk a modkill from a very serious GM is not a strategy. It’s giving up.

Regardless, I think waiting for his answer is pointless. We should focus on getting to the point where we have at least two options to lynch towards the end of the day.

I need to read back, as I think most of us need to atm, and see what we got. I guess we can look for possible connections between players, the NP-Celever wall fight, and any notable post that can raise an eyebrow for meta/contradiction/sus intention.

Jlap sudden dissapearance is just like the past game that I remember where he was extremely active Day 1 and almost gone by Day 2..
So believe he isn't worth to consider to be lynched.

I however still don't felt like any particular soo scummy than the other person at this point. Since I felt like after taking into account the pro and cons of each player you all are about the same to me

So you'd a) ask the hell out of somebody who isn't sharing info, and b) keep similar info close to your chest if it were you in that situation?
As I said, it depends on the information and the reason behind it. For a "it's because of my role, plz, tnx" I wouldn't and I'd ask why; for a more convincing reason I might do share.

Oh well, my two suspicious guys were jplap and quaking. Both of them are being modkilled (quaking asked for it and jplap for not posting at all today), so I won't keep bothering in looking at them as possible lynch candidates. Starting over again.

My next candidates are Jabberwock, bbninjas, Drac and Keeper for now. I have no evidence, it's only a feeling for now, but I will definitely look at them and try to review their posts.

@NinjaPenguin - are you in V/LA? Why haven’t you commented on Jab’s following question?

@Jabberwock - are you in V/LA? Why didn’t you bother to bump your question to NP? The thread is semi dead, that’s would have been a good idea to reask or pressure vote. But nothing. Are you not considering NP scummy for your point on him?

@Mariano11887 - what gave you the feeling about each player you mentioned? If nothing comes up, maybe just quote one or two posts that you think gave you that feel?

This is camo everyone. I'm sure some of you know him. He's taking over for quaking effective immediately. Role will be sent in a few hours.

Jlap sudden dissapearance is just like the past game that I remember where he was extremely active Day 1 and almost gone by Day 2..
So believe he isn't worth to consider to be lynched.

I however still don't felt like any particular soo scummy than the other person at this point. Since I felt like after taking into account the pro and cons of each player you all are about the same to me
This post actually is weird; normally you're more aggressive (and like, actually scumhunting) than this.
As I said, it depends on the information and the reason behind it. For a "it's because of my role, plz, tnx" I wouldn't and I'd ask why; for a more convincing reason I might do share.
What sort of reason could anybody give to convince you that their info is better kept away from scum?
@Jabberwock - are you in V/LA? Why didn’t you bother to bump your question to NP? The thread is semi dead, that’s would have been a good idea to reask or pressure vote. But nothing. Are you not considering NP scummy for your point on him?
Okay that's way outta left field. NP hasn't even posted since my question to him; I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt. I absolutely consider him scummy, but it's not worth asking the same question over and over to somebody who clearly isn't here.

Actually y'know what, let's look at you for a bit, Drac.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: GM DRACLORD

What're your thoughts on Jplap, Mariano, Keeper, and NP? All of them have definitely posted enough for you to be able to form an opinion on them.

This post actually is weird; normally you're more aggressive (and like, actually scumhunting) than this.

What sort of reason could anybody give to convince you that their info is better kept away from scum?

Okay that's way outta left field. NP hasn't even posted since my question to him; I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt. I absolutely consider him scummy, but it's not worth asking the same question over and over to somebody who clearly isn't here.

I would just pressure vote. Not asking again.

GM Draclord doesn’t find anyone scummy as he said. Sure, he scumhunt sometimes as town, but he never force it when there are no obvious options. At least to my recalling. I am not sure why you vote him instead of NP ignoring your question. If you think he is scummy and not answering... why not voting? Just trying to understand where you are coming from.

IIRC Correctly the only time I was aggressive if I felt like sticking my vote on one particular person (which happen regardless of my alignment) although that person might not even garner votes from others.

Actually y'know what, let's look at you for a bit, Drac.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: GM DRACLORD

What're your thoughts on Jplap, Mariano, Keeper, and NP? All of them have definitely posted enough for you to be able to form an opinion on them.

And here how you follow bb..

I said before, I find Jlap ability useful and his dissapearance is just like the past game when he was town.
Mariano is something weird for me, whenever I read his post (including previous games) I never been able to pinpoint his alignment
It's been so long since I last played with Keeper, so I don't have any recent reference to compare to
NP,... how to say, I find him quite Neutral..

I asked if the indie was a threat to the town and PMJ said "The independent player is not considered a threat the town needs to eliminate in order to win."

I asked if the indie was a threat to the town and PMJ said "The independent player is not considered a threat the town needs to eliminate in order to win."

Interesting. Why did you pick that question?
Also, have you read what was going on since your last post? Have you been watching the thread, or do you need time to read everything?

@Mariano11887 - what gave you the feeling about each player you mentioned? If nothing comes up, maybe just quote one or two posts that you think gave you that feel?
This is from what I remember, I didn't check it by reading previous posts.
- Jabberwock: I find him playing similarly to my first game (Town of Salem) where he was scum. I've played with him being town and... I don't know... It's different.
- bbninjas: Maybe for his aggresiveness as soon as he subbed in.
- Drac: His passive attitude makes me think he wants to fly under the radar like when he was scum last game (or the previous one, I don't remember exactly).
- Keeper: This is the hardest to explain, it's more a gut feeling than anything else. Maybe I'm still remembering his initial post asking for everyone's Farewell Ability.

IIRC Correctly the only time I was aggressive if I felt like sticking my vote on one particular person (which happen regardless of my alignment) although that person might not even garner votes from others.
What determines whether or not you feel like sticking your vote on one particular person?
And here how you follow bb..
I actually disagree with 90% of what bb has said this game. :/
I said before, I find Jlap ability useful and his dissapearance is just like the past game when he was town.
So it's a metaread of jplap? His ability being useful or otherwise doesn't really indicate one thing or another.
Mariano is something weird for me, whenever I read his post (including previous games) I never been able to pinpoint his alignment
The case against him is that he placed a vote at the beginning of D1 using an RNG (which is a completely useless way to vote), and then jplap overreacted to it. To NP and scattered, this suggested that the two of them are scumbuddies, jplap's reaction being engineered to cover Mariano's back.
It's been so long since I last played with Keeper, so I don't have any recent reference to compare to
This really bothers me. I'm not asking for a read on Keeper's meta, I'm asking for a read on how he's been playing this game. He's been actively asking questions and freely volunteering information –– and some of his questions can be construed as rolefishing.
NP,... how to say, I find him quite Neutral..
Why specifically? NP jumped on the Mariano case (which if you view the Mariano case as dumb, would be a scummy point on NP), and continually tried to get jplap to ask questions that were more in the interest of scum than town (which if you view jplap as town, is another scummy point on NP). Did you see both of those?
Interesting. Why did you pick that question?
I reckon we'd all like to know the answer to this. :p

This is from what I remember, I didn't check it by reading previous posts.
- Jabberwock: I find him playing similarly to my first game (Town of Salem) where he was scum. I've played with him being town and... I don't know... It's different.
- bbninjas: Maybe for his aggresiveness as soon as he subbed in.
- Drac: His passive attitude makes me think he wants to fly under the radar like when he was scum last game (or the previous one, I don't remember exactly).
- Keeper: This is the hardest to explain, it's more a gut feeling than anything else. Maybe I'm still remembering his initial post asking for everyone's Farewell Ability.

I think your point on Drac is valid only if the majority of players right now were not passive. It’s kinda hard for me to see anyone flying under the radar at this stage. Definitely something to look for later on.
Your point on bbninjas- can’t see it indicative of alignment. For him it is the start of the game so it is read to me more like fresh eagerness to play.
I think Keeper is not too careful with his role staying hidden from scum can be indicative, but it can also just mean he doesn’t find it too bad to let scum know not to kill him. I think what you and Zone are looking for is the idea that as town you would prefer to sacrifice yourself to kill scum (he claimed being a bomb role, right?). That would be my preference too, but I can’t tell if it’s something any townie would prefer, as keeping yourself alive can also be considered a priority, because as town your only confirmed town from the beginning is yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back