'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
This is honestly the best full art I've seen yet. I love how sleek it is. Way better than the normal art imo.

UltraPrismatic

3...2...1... LockedAndLoaded, FIRE!!!!!
For Blacephalon, just do a Guzzlord-Gx kind of deck with stall to charge up and spam Mind Blown. The New Naganadel works well with Beast Ring, shame Wally’s going, you could do an instant counter attack if they knock out your Naganadel GX, Stakataka- Gx also helps

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Getting FA lugia and incineroar back to back just makes me think there pose is the exact same like they about to throw down or something

Advancer

The old tree that still blooms.
That is arguably the best full art Lugia yet - if I can find a single of one of these while I'm visiting Japan in October, I'd be pretty stoked.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Wait, why is it all diamond-y? Aren’t all full arts suppose to have the same background texture? Or do they make them unique in Japan only? Nice art, though.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
OMGGG this is easily one of the best looking full arts O: I'm so glad they keep getting PLANETA to do all these main GXs like Ultra Necrozma, Zeraora, and now Lugia because I'm sure 5ban would've made them much more generic lol

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Is it wrong that when I looked at this I saw beartic, and was super exited, but then realized it was just lugia and got super sad?

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I still prefer the regular art with the background and the attack charging in the mouth, but this is a very good FA.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Wait, why is it all diamond-y? Aren’t all full arts suppose to have the same background texture? Or do they make them unique in Japan only? Nice art, though.

Nah, that's one of the normal backgrounds (they vary from one to another, there's three different ones for normals and one for ultra beasts). It's just got one part of it that looks strange. Japan does have slightly different texturing though. It's especially apparent with EX cards from the last two eras.

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
?

I'm confused. The photos on this post. Is the one on the Left the Full Art version or the Secret Rare version? If thats the Secret Rare, what does the Full Art look like? I know with Mewtwo GX, his secret art was completely different from his FA... Plus Mewtwo in a Capsule... Perfect! Otherwise, i'm excited to see Lugia back in action! Now I just need Zapdos GX or a Meloetta GX...