'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
AFAIK, there has never been a Stadium card in the ~20 years they've existed that only affects one player (even the other Prism Star Stadiums) - I see no reason why they would change that now. I believe the card may have been mistranslated/misinterpreted.

Then again, I can neither speak nor read Japanese, so I can't say for sure there was a mistake - I'm just arguing that the logic doesn't check out
I might be mistaken of who’s affected by Heat Factory then. Carry on. Still, drawing 3 cards from a single Fire energy discard makes it an upgrade over Scorched Earth.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
I love the Blacephalon, I was hoping it would get the advantage on stakataka and it happened!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
No one is talking about how beautiful these Suicune sleeves are. Absolutely gorgeous sleeves - definitely gonna be picking those up if I can.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Play a deck full of R energies, discard them with ultraball/acro bike/treasure/supporters, accelerate them with baby naga, hit with blacephalon. You also have beast ring and kiawe.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Actually you just need to hit 3 times to win the game, you dont really need to recover, just play a lot of energy cards

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
Is it a matter of time before Lost Zone Gengar GX gets reprinted? :eek:

Oh, you don't know how much I'd love that!
That deck took me far in the german nationals, top16 but lost the first game against a vileplume/gengar deck and drew abysmal (4 rare candy in a row and then 2 of the same item card) and lost, the second game the same thing happening.... So yeah. I'd love to have second chance with this deck. ;)

And I don't get the hate for Blacephalon GX, it draws you a prize for just a fire energy with the chance of an acceleration.
Maybe I'm too long gone from the active play to see how this is bad... :/

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
Also cant we just talk about how Magcargo GX is better in almost every single way?

-It does 50+ instead of 50x, so it still does damage without discarding energy
-It discards the energy in the DP instead of the LZ
-It has an ability that has great synergy with its normal counterpart
-Its GX attack could end games if your opponent doesn't have enough cards in their deck, AND it's good for possibly discarding stuff your opponent will need.
-It has 210 HP(I know it's a stage 1 but c'mon it won't be that bad to evolve)
-It can discard ANY TYPE of Basic Energy, meaning you can have the 3 fire energy on it and have 3 metal as well and you can discard just the 3 metal(200dmg). I know these pairings will sound pretty clunky but i'm interested in trying a Magcargo GX/Magnezone deck or a Magcargo GX/Malamar deck.

I would disagree. Blacephalon can discard from ANY of your Pokemon in play, which means it can pick up surprise knockouts by discarding energies on the bench. Furthermore, it's a basic and its attack only costs two energies (which means a single Blacksmith makes it ready to go.)

Magcargo GX seems really good in its own deck, but Blacephalon fits better with Fire decks in general. Definitely a late game, tech card (you don't want to be banishing energies early.) The GX attack can be situationally useful if you're ever on an odd prize count.

Heat Factory is interesting since there's nothing stopping you from using it AND Scorched Earth in the same turn (since they're different Stadiums). It's not a big deal if your opponent plays another Stadium on top of it.

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
I love both of these cards. Donphan is an awesome Hustle Belt user, or puts pressure on your opponent. If you can use the attack before hit, then hit for 200 with Hustle Belt next turn, that's just insane. And for me a 1-1 Azumarill line is going into EVERY Fairy deck I build. It'll be great in Gardy, great in anything that needs powering up. Heck, I might even put it into Fighting decks and use Unit Energy FDY (That's a bit of a stretch but it's a possibility). Nevertheless these are cards I love and I'm giving them a 5/10 for Donphan and 8/10 for Azumarill.

Max Maxwell

Aspiring Trainer
Donphan i'll not see in a standard deck, it's too much expensive to be playble. Azumarill is good for Gardevoir or any expensive Pokemon to charge, but they are not special

freedomfightre

Aspiring Trainer
...And for me a 1-1 Azumarill line is going into EVERY Fairy deck I build. It'll be great in Gardy, great in anything that needs powering up. Heck, I might even put it into Fighting decks and use Unit Energy FDY (That's a bit of a stretch but it's a possibility). Nevertheless these are cards I love and I'm giving them a 5/10 for Donphan and 8/10 for Azumarill.

I actually don't think Azumarill is that good. Ribombee is WAY more consistent, doesn't need to attack (so you can instead Beacon, etc), and continues to get you energy every turn, and NOONE plays it competitively. Sure Azumarill could pull you 3 DCE! Or it could net you nothing.

Bad card. Won't see play.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
I actually don't think Azumarill is that good. Ribombee is WAY more consistent, doesn't need to attack (so you can instead Beacon, etc), and continues to get you energy every turn, and NOONE plays it competitively. Sure Azumarill could pull you 3 DCE! Or it could net you nothing.

Bad card. Won't see play.
Ribombee adds to hand, azumirill accelerates to field, like max exlixer, but I do agree it is not that great

TheZombieTac0

The best of the worst.
It’s a shame Donphan already has 130 hp meaning a riotous beating would leave it with 10 hp anyways. Still, interesting card.