'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe for GX Ultra Shiny we might see shiny Pokemon versions of Zoroark GX, Tapu Lele GX, Buzzwole GX and Zygarde GX?

Wechselbalg

brb
Idk about that Elm - in theory it sounds like a more balanced Brigette, but in practice it is basically a Brigette tailored to fit Zoroark decks mostly.

I hope the new Hoopa will be good!

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
I don't think Lugia-GX is too bad. First attack isn't terrible and while 4 for 170 might not be the best when you can't use it the following turn, the gx attack is an auto-win against any deck that isn't able to set up a bench by turn 2.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think Lugia-GX is too bad. First attack isn't terrible and while 4 for 170 might not be the best when you can't use it the following turn, the gx attack is an auto-win against any deck that isn't able to set up a bench by turn 2.
Its far from a auto win.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I'm guessing that the shiny Pokemon that'll be featured in GX Ultra Shiny will just be the promos we got that Japan never did, like Darkrai-GX and 50% Zygarde-GX

BUT I'm definitely hoping there's brand new ones too

IrfanKareem50

Aspiring PTCG Master :3
Japan's Tapu Lele GX price is pretty scary in July. I suppose its price will be slashed in half following this announcement :eek:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
If these aren't alt arts we get another year of Lele, Zoroark, and Buzzwole. Not sure how I feel about that.

Professor Elm's Lecture is a post rotation Brigette replacement for Zoroark, which is nice. I like how they've balanced it so it can't be used to search for big boi GX/EXs.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
I am hyped that Professor Elm's Lecture is true, but also kind of disappointed. I was hoping that Brigette-like cards would no longer exist in the meta to hopefully prevent Zoroark from becoming ridiculous again, but that isn't going to happen. Also can't wait to see Hoopa and Ampharos-GX.

What made Brigette completely ridiculous was the fact that you could also grab a 180HP Basic GX pokemon along with regular basics. This new card will also force people to play 60 HP basics for Zoroark Partners, which is significantly easier to hit than 70-80 hp evolving basics.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Its far from a auto win.
It's quite literally an auto win if you get a DCE + any other kind of Energy on Lugia and your opponent is forced to draw/pass with nothing on the Bench.

That may not happen very often, but it's always something to keep in mind

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
The A type card reprints were for the XY series. I’m sure that the new Lele will be a new promo number meaning we will have an extra year of it being legal. Japan has a reprint set each of the last 2 and this upcoming November. So their format will differ from ours in the 2019 when we go to crimson or prism on and they stay sm on.