'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 28, 2018.

1. That Blacephalon is disappointing at best. Looks like the average Blacephalon deck will be similar to Guzzlord. Meme decks anyone?

2. Asrialys Aspiring Trainer
    Asrialys

Nooo. It'll be harder to import those Lusamine sleeves...

3. SquirtleRules Aspiring Trainer
    SquirtleRules

Advanced Member Member

Heat Factory is playable in all Fire decks. 3 for 1 is very solid.

And if I read that correctly, the only way to get rid of it is with another stadium, or some obscure pokemon that nobody really plays. Field blower can't nix it. After rotation, stadium use should go down with Parallel leaving (the most popular stadium right now).

4. theprp30 Aspiring Trainer
    theprp30

Was hoping Blacephalon was going to be Psychic type. But I guess it makes since to "balances" out the ultra beast line so there's a fire type. Moves aren't bad but lost zone discard hurts though.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. Ashblaze Full Art Supporter Hunter
    Ashblaze

Close to the bottom it gave some information about the other sleeves that have been made and had Whitney on them giving the possible hint that she might be a supporter in this set, If she does become an actual supporter I would love the full art

6. MiniMads The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
    MiniMads

Unfortunately, Blacephalon GX isn't very good, and I was hoping that it would be something along the lines of one our creations on the 'Blacephalon GX Predictions' thread. The only card I really like here is Heat Factory Prism, which is an instant 1 of in every Fire deck. Naganadel is....'meh'. It can only charge itself up. (However if it could charge others it would just be insane) and it's attack is just mediocre. I don't see it seeing much play. Lugia GX we've seen before. Overall, a bit of a dissapointing start to 'Explosive Impact'. What I'm really excited for is Celebi Prism....

7. Skylite Aspiring Trainer
    Skylite

Worst GX ever?

8. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

Blacephalon GX has a solid GX attack. It reduces the number of prize cards the deck needs to draw by one and there is a small to negligable chance that it accelerates energy. Mind Blown is not that good since the energies go to the lost zone but it is a decent cleaner move to draw the final prize cards. Can be used as a tech in fire decks similar to Kartana GX for the GX attack mainly.

Naganadel is a nice tech addition to Naganadel decks. Include some energy switch and it can accelerate to other Ultra Beasts too. The attack is rather nice. It is not a deck on its own but a decent tech addition to Metal Ultra Beast decks.

Heat Factory Prism is a sure inclusion in Fire decks. It is Scorched Earth on steroids since it draws one more card and cannot be used by the opponent based on the current wording.

The new sleeves look awesome.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. Wechselbalg

Blacephalon sucksssss I knew it. Baby Naga is also more or less pointless imo. Oh well.

10. CeroKai Aspiring Trainer
    CeroKai

I have no idea where any kind of wording states that it only works for you. Both players can discard a fire energy to get it's effect off.

11. Gameguard Aspiring Trainer
    Gameguard

I think we over looking it. Burning energy in expanded. Question is does it stay in lost zone?

12. Ramo0927 I am a
    Ramo0927

Also cant we just talk about how Magcargo GX is better in almost every single way?

-It does 50+ instead of 50x, so it still does damage without discarding energy
    -It discards the energy in the DP instead of the LZ
    -It has an ability that has great synergy with its normal counterpart
    -Its GX attack could end games if your opponent doesn't have enough cards in their deck, AND it's good for possibly discarding stuff your opponent will need.
    -It has 210 HP(I know it's a stage 1 but c'mon it won't be that bad to evolve)
    -It can discard ANY TYPE of Basic Energy, meaning you can have the 3 fire energy on it and have 3 metal as well and you can discard just the 3 metal(200dmg). I know these pairings will sound pretty clunky but i'm interested in trying a Magcargo GX/Magnezone deck or a Magcargo GX/Malamar deck.

Alex Sableye likes this.
  13. Max Maxwell Aspiring Trainer
    Max Maxwell

Bleah...cephalon is the correct term like Lugia Gx.
    I adore Naganadel, it may be played into any deck. I think so it's good with Rayquaza Gx or Raichu Gx :rolleyes:

14. The Revolutionaire N Aspiring Trainer
    The Revolutionaire N

Blacephalon isn't the best card ever... maybe in expanded it could have some little potential with Emboar, but don't really know. It's not the golden turd, but it's not a very good card.

Lugia is a possible partner for Malamars, solid 2nd attack and a very good gx move. It' s a cool card.

Naganadel is a solid card which could see a 1x in each stakanaga beast box ovieusly. The ability is pretty good and in combination with beast ring and choice band it could 1hko Ultra Necrozma, Dawn Wings, Bulu... So it's a good card and also if u dont have 3 prizes you can hko a buzz with a choice or a baby buzz. It's a good card.

15. The Revolutionaire N Aspiring Trainer
    The Revolutionaire N

but quad magcargo is the only solution :D

16. Cybno Aspiring Trainer
    Cybno

Blacephalon is a basic Magnazone Prime without a good ability then

17. The PokeMan 11 Aspiring Trainer
    The PokeMan 11

Where is baby nehelgo??

18. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

More like Neat Factory.
    Blacephalon could be interesting.
    Naganadel goes into Prize Box only.

Alex Sableye likes this.
  19. George Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
    George

Blacephalon GX/Flareon EX anyone????

20. Joldilocks Aspiring Trainer
    Joldilocks

News Staff Member

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?