Finished Mafia LII : The Game World

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Woohoo! Looks like we were able to pull it out after all!
I thought this game was super interesting. We were getting pummeled and on the wrong track a lot, but then I suddenly stopped trying to get lynched and began to scumhunt the best I could so I could get my PoE. And then on Day 3, us townies finally began to find eachother and we set a PoE in motion that would easily catch the last two scum! It feels nice to learn that the steps I said for towns to take last Postgame really matter when they are taken, to the point that even without the modkill (which threw us a bit into WIFOM but we then semi-recovered) the towncore was able to get on the same page and get those scum lynched. Even if we had suspicion for each other, we worked together for a common goal to beat some quite tricky adversaries and that won us the game and finally snapped that scum win streak.
Also, wow I'm actually really proud of my reads this game. Calling the t/t fight was huge and unlike the Camo D1 Case to Flip Town de jure, I was flipping between two of the three anti-towns at EoD 1 and getting suspected for it haha. Like my first readlist with TE dropped a bit looks like something I generally only get to by D3 or later.
Great job to the towncore for fighting the paranoia to success, Drac and Mariano for hosting a nicely balanced game with great power level for the site (though my Active was almost useless smh) including an indie that actually could win the game possibly along with having a great mechanic and quests that encouraged activity, and to the scum for being such fun opponents!

P.S. Where is the Scumchat?
P.P.S. Mind if I ask what the Eevee modkill was all about? If the offense was huge, it makes sense, but as it stands it feels like it makes our win, which the PoE had already assured us of having most likely, feel a tad bit less legit.
P.P.P.S. Big apologies to @Luispipe8 for frustrating you. I'm quite sorry about that and I hope for that to not happen again.

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Another reason I suspected bb early on was because my ability was blocked when I tried tracking him night zero. Nick failed to mention that his ability protected against other abilities in addition to the night kill, so I thought that my action failed due to some anti-track ability on him as scum.

Night one I inspected Nick since he was becoming more and more suspicious to me, and saw that he targeted mord. So I knew he was telling the truth about targeting him. I kept my mouth shut about it though, since I didn't want to alert the scum to my ability that early on. I tried throwing some support behind Nick without making it obvious that I was no longer suspicious of him.

Ditto for NP, who I targeted night two. When I learned that he didn't target anyone, I thought it was the perfect chance to catch him in a lie, but nope. Still, even after he said that he didn't target anyone because he has no reason to use it as town, I still doubted him a little. It would be a good town reason to not do it, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been scum.

The only item I bought was the Status Screen on night 2 in order to check definitively if someone was honest about their role. Probably would have also tracked bbninjas but I don't know if I could have spotted the night kill.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
P.S. Where is the Scumchat?
P.P.S. Mind if I ask what the Eevee modkill was all about? If the offense was huge, it makes sense, but as it stand it feels like it makes our win, which the PoE had already assured us of having most likely, feel a tad bit less legit.

-Since the scum chat had to be moved from QT & Discord it will be shared later.
-Will elaborate later.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
@Mariano11887 I want to extend my deepest gratitute in co-hosting with me. You help was much deepy crucial. You did more than I can even expected. Well done..
Thanks to you Drac for letting me be in that side of the game. This was my first experience in hosting Mafia and I really enjoyed it!

I really hope that everyone comes back for my game
I'll be there for sure starting the game from the beggining, after several ones subbing-in.

Thank you everyone for playing the game!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Facts About the Game Design

- I applied to host this game as I don't want you guys to wait too long a the next game to start.
- Most of the original roles was design overnight hence why the flavour was quite short compared to my last game. Hence why most ability are not too complicated.
- I also made certain that I made all flavour as neutral as possible so that people can't guess alignment purely based on reveal.
- Abilities was design by favoring what kind of abilities that I like rather then for overall balance.
- Black King & Red Checkers (White Queen) was supposed to be lovers of different side of the game with more Active Ability.
- A few characters got their 2nd Active Ability removed early on so that I can simplified Item & Ability that target them.
- Control Freak (Lele's) and Sonic (Unused) was added after I got the game approved to increase the player capacity.
- The Gaga (morda's) had a Passive Ability that let him be immune every even number night but was removed when his alignment change.
- The GamePoint & Auction concept was added after the game was approved as I want people to have a different experience (Influence by NP Triumvirate)
- I want the Dead Player to participate in Auction & Bonus Quest so that they can still be involved although they were killed/lynched early
- DeadChat was cancelled because I rather there are none then needing to restrict topics that they can discuss (Item usage)
- Most Bonus Quest was not planned a few days in advance as they were also feature added when the sign-up started.
- Secret Quest was actually points awarded for game activity (number of post). It was create when my activity checker formula (used in last game) become obsolete after Mariano's activity requirement suggestion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was brought up based on conversation with roz

I think future host may need to disallow or at most discourage any player from copy pasting entire page of PM (like how Nick did when he was claiming his role).

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I like how nobody has pointed out how if Roz wasn’t a BPV then how did nobody die night 1
2 Person personally PM the host asking whether NightKill was optional..

For anyone else who is wondering. NightKill is in fact optional in this game but we decided to reject the Mafia's Night 1 kill due to them sending the Kill order (In proper format) late

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Why is pasting the entire page a problem? It can be faked like any other log.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Cause players were analysing it, cause "host's style is specific".

It was basicly analysing out of game content to determine if someone is scum.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't understand. Logs are allowed to be faked. There was a bunch of excess like signatures being copied. What else is there?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Cause players were analysing it, cause "host's style is specific".

It was basicly analysing out of game content to determine if someone is scum.
TBH, the post style in the log wasn't indicative of anything for me. The idea that Nick skipped and read over things in the log without noticing it was much more telling.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
TBH, the post style in the log wasn't indicative of anything for me. The idea that Nick skipped and read over things in the log without noticing it was much more telling.
I pretty much enjoy during the time you guys speculate about Nicks ability when he didn't read all the reply properly

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
The most indicative was actualy scum not having any fakeclaims and not even knowing the town wincon.
Scum could NOT pull such a strat at all cause of that. But that's something town couldn't have known.

But really, look at Nick and tell me he is a type of player wich would fake over 20 messages with the "sucesfuly protected" confusion.
Is he a type of player who would pull such a strat? I don't think so.

Hence the log posting cleared him even more.

And even if you say stuff is allowed to be faked, mod conversation is out of game source of information anyway.

Mafia is about reading people and finding who is evil, not about using out-of-game resources to do so.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
I see what you mean - the sheer amount of messages does add a kind of weight to it that's hard to pass up...

The most indicative was actualy scum not having any fakeclaims and not even knowing the town wincon.
Scum could NOT pull such a strat at all cause of that. But that's something town couldn't have known.

Lol, So I was right!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I guess that's fair. In our defense, mod logs aren't used very often here and are never faked anyway.

Game thread is up but I guess only @Vracken can approve it? @Tapu Lele get on that shiz :D

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Fake claims would be optional if not the "quote role pm" meta. Or if the example rolecard helped creating one.
But if you check sample rolecard, it was useless in trying to understand how town role pm looks like.

If you want to use quote meta, scum needs to have tools to work around it.

Otherwise it's fault of a mod for scum being suspected/caught and that counts as out-of-game reasons for finding scum.

Same goes for quoting whole role thread. I know it's winy topic, but scum would never think of faking the whole thread to begin with.

NinjaPenguin

Fake claims would be optional if not the "quote role pm" meta. Or if the example rolecard helped creating one.
But if you check sample rolecard, it was useless in trying to understand how town role pm looks like.

If you want to use quote meta, scum needs to have tools to work around it.

Otherwise it's fault of a mod for scum being suspected/caught and that counts as out-of-game reasons for finding scum.

Same goes for quoting whole role thread. I know it's winy topic, but scum would never think of faking the whole thread to begin with.
Yeah I agree with eevee in that I think quoting your original role is fine as long as you have a safeclaim, but quoting your host communication is kinda cheap.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I felt reads lists really helped town find eachother and get on the same page, since they allowed more much more townhunting than is typical. I think we as a site in general need to keep townhunting as well as scumhunting in our minds, since it is what can differentiate a player like PMJ who has scummy posts but more townie posts from a person like TE this game who had very little pointing to him as town.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Townhunting is hard for me. I don't trust anyone lol.

NinjaPenguin

Townhunting is hard for me. I don't trust anyone lol.
Just keep in mind that you can trust 75% of players. It's also a lot easier (at least for me) to avoid conventionally scummy posts than to fake a real townie thought process, so players who have truly townie thought processes are likely just that: townies.

Status
Not open for further replies.