SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Xerneas Prism Star is okay in Fairy decks that would otherwise struggle to set-up half the time.
Which means none of the Fairy decks because I think the only Fairy decks right now are Gardevoir/Sylveon and Quad Sylveon (though I have highish hopes for Mimikyu-GX).

Vulpix is cute but why would you not run the Guardians Rising Vulpix??
Unless you’re running Sylveon/Fairy Alolan Ninetails-GX, where a simple Fairy attachment can evolve Eevee so Vulpix can retreat and Sylveon can attack instead and do the same thing Guardians Rising Vulpix does but for 1 Energy and with any 3 cards instead of 2 Evos only.

Last edited:
With 160 hp and an OHKO on almost all basic gx with choice band...I think Xerneas prism star is pretty good.

True beacon vulpix is better but this vulpix might work out in a gardy deck as a free retreat/float stone. At the same time id use flying flip koko instead lol

I think Xerneas Prism is overrated. It need switch twice to attack again, which is quite hard for fairy deck post rotation because fairy garden and float stone has gone, there is no free retreat way except new aloan Vulpix. In Gardevoir deck, we prefer beacon vulpix and new Gardevoir has less energy cost with the same damage and don't need to switch after attack. So I don't like Xerneas Prism in Gardevoir deck, but maybe a good attacker in fairy Ninetales deck.

Idk why everyone thinks Net Ball is meh when Mysterious Treasure is hailed as amazing. Net Ball = instant Golisopod/Lurantis/Decidueye/etc access with no cost, and if you happen to already have the Pokemon you want you can search for your energy attachment for your First Impression or whatever. We all know the meta shifts, so counting it out just because there's currently no popular grass decks is sure to be a mistake.

Idk why everyone thinks Net Ball is meh when Mysterious Treasure is hailed as amazing. Net Ball = instant Golisopod/Lurantis/Decidueye/etc access with no cost, and if you happen to already have the Pokemon you want you can search for your energy attachment for your First Impression or whatever. We all know the meta shifts, so counting it out just because there's currently no popular grass decks is sure to be a mistake.
You can’t grab any of those Pokémon it’s basic grass Pokémon only. If it was like dive ball with grass that’d be fantastic.

Wow, 1 grass for 60 and discard a special energy AND you can boost the damage with promo lurantis and choice band. I like it, also the Sceptile from Celestial storm can be played in this oof

Looks like grass is getting some love.

Discarding special energy doesn't seem to be super crucial for post rotation since most decks seem to be functioning primarily off of basic energy. This is mostly a hit towards things like Zoroark GX relying on DCE and occasionally sending that Beast Energy to the shadow realm.

Er, sorry. Wrong TCG.

Having a Grovyle just chilling on the bench seems like a great strategy for Grass decks. It's basically a built in Brooklet Hill for Grass types, but it can't be field blowered and in post rotation can't be shut off by Garbotoxin, AND it's not only searching out basics, and as soon as you're done searching Pokemon you can just evolve it up and go for it. Even if you don't play all the way up to Sceptile GX, i can see grass teching in a 2/2 Treecko/Grovyle line just for the persistent Pokemon search effect.

If you couple Grovyle with Alolan Ninetales GX from Fairy Rise, you have yourself some guaranteed Stage 2 Grass Pokemon in play with Rare Candy + Stage 2 hard searching, no questions asked.

Either way, definitely watch out for super strong Grass GX attackers coming out, or perhaps we should also start looking backwards as well.

...Golisopod GX?

So unlike Dragon Storm, not all the GX's in this set will be fairy? (I don't mean fairy type). Leaves the door wide open for what psychic GX is in I guess.

Back