SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

zmaster0987

Zoroark is overrated
Adventuring Satchel: Will be pretty good for decks that play multiple kinds of tools. ●●●●○

Fairy Charms: Great support for Sylveon-GX, as well as any fairy deck that has a bad matchup against Malamar or Buzzwole. The only problem is that it's in your opponent's control. ●●●●○

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
This is not really what Fairy (and by extension, Gardevoir-GX) need. Tool cards and Stadiums that are only relevant on your opponent's turn are always weaker than those you can get immediate value from. All these Charms can just get Field Blowered and turned irrelevant.

Also, 4 × Adventuring Satchel + Sightseer for Rotom decks.

Genesect-GX appreciates Adventuring Satchel as well.
Thing is though, the decks that kill off Gardevoir don’t play many field blower, as from the European championships onward, the main deck that killed of gardevoir, buzzwole, played at maximum two field blower, and on average only one. Some even didn’t play field blower. So these are kind of a bonus for gardevoir.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Not Post-rotation. Losing Strong Energy, Max Elixir, Float Stone, and Octillery is way too much

By the time this comes out fighting will be about half as good as it is now. I guess you can play the fighting one if you're unsure about the Buzzwole MU. I still don't like these.

Yes, it loses a lot.
But, that's because it has a lot to lose.
The deck is malleable, and uses a lot of great cards in it.

Buzzwole is one of the few archetypes, that actually had "too many good cards."
A lot of cards in the deck served the same purpose.
Brigette -> Brooklet Hill
Elixir -> Beast Ring
Strong Energy -> Beast Energy
These cards are still standard; not sure why they are being overlooked.

If something great, becomes something good...
It's still good.

Especially, since Zoroark-GX will still be one of the more consistent, and likely most popular, deck options.

Baby Buzz still OHKOs Zoroark-GX, with Sledge's passive.
Lycanroc-GX still OHKOs anything, with it's GX.

Wechselbalg

brb

Nope, Beast Box is going to fall apart because it's one of the dumbest, most rigid, most linear aggro archetypes with no room for techs other than UBs. Not having room for FB is just another reason why that deck is so rigid and bad, because it will not even be able to deal with banal stuff like the [P] charm. I said this was one of the reasons. Unless Blacephalon is going to be the new Shaymin or if the new Naganadel will not just be an alt. type reprint and will have some crazy broken ability the concept of Beast Box will disappear from the meta very quickly.

So, what do you want to attack with if not with Naganadel? You're the same person who suggested that the new Celesteela shouldn't be played in Beast Box, so...that leaves Stakataka. Lol. The only way to power that up in this deck is with Beast Ring. And if the next Gardevoir doesn't revenge kill your Stakataka then they can still use Alolan Ninetales-GX to just lolKO with the GX attack.

Adventure Bag is more than just situationally useful for lots of decks including Expanded, (especially now with the new banlist) but why should I be surprised that you think that it's not a good card. I'm supposed to be the dumb one here whereas most of your "insights" that I've read so far on the upcoming meta and card reveals were usually quite off and just for the sake of "I'm going to say something different than most people just to come off as someone very smart".

To people saying that Buzzwole doesn't play FB therefore the [F] charm is useful: by the time these charms come out Buzzwole will lose so many cards that I'm sure players will have no trouble finding room for FB in the deck.

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
Elixir -> Beast Ring

It's still good.

1) Who plays Brigette in Buzzwole?
2) You can't compare Elixir to Beast Ring, it's a completely different card.
3) Beast Energy is a one-of, but you can play 4 Strong Energy.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
As long as Zoroark-Gx sticks around, Buzzwole-Gx will also. It is not because it looses a few cards that it will suddenly just disappear.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
1) Who plays Brigette in Buzzwole?
2) You can't compare Elixir to Beast Ring, it's a completely different card.
3) Beast Energy is a one-of, but you can play 4 Strong Energy.

1. That's exactly my point. Buzzwole was too consistent for Brigette; a staple in many decks.
  2. The card serves the same purpose, actually. It accelerates energy for Knuckle Impact/Swing Around.
  3. Yes, you get 1 Beast Energy. That's 1 more damage boosting energy, than any non-beast deck.

The deck lost cards, as is the case with every other deck.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
It’s times like these where I dread losing Skyla in Standard.
Adventure Bag is practically useless without some way of getting THAT card out.
Volkner can search for items, just use that! Or you se the Ninetales to search for a bag and one other item you need.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Nope, Beast Box is going to fall apart because it's one of the dumbest, most rigid, most linear aggro archetypes with no room for techs other than UBs. Not having room for FB is just another reason why that deck is so rigid and bad, because it will not even be able to deal with banal stuff like the [P] charm. I said this was one of the reasons. Unless Blacephalon is going to be the new Shaymin or if the new Naganadel will not just be an alt. type reprint and will have some crazy broken ability the concept of Beast Box will disappear from the meta very quickly.

So, what do you want to attack with if not with Naganadel? You're the same person who suggested that the new Celesteela shouldn't be played in Beast Box, so...that leaves Stakataka. Lol. The only way to power that up in this deck is with Beast Ring. And if the next Gardevoir doesn't revenge kill your Stakataka then they can still use Alolan Ninetales-GX to just lolKO with the GX attack.

Adventure Bag is more than just situationally useful for lots of decks including Expanded, (especially now with the new banlist) but why should I be surprised that you think that it's not a good card. I'm supposed to be the dumb one here whereas most of your "insights" that I've read so far on the upcoming meta and card reveals were usually quite off and just for the sake of "I'm going to say something different than most people just to come off as someone very smart".

To people saying that Buzzwole doesn't play FB therefore the [F] charm is useful: by the time these charms come out Buzzwole will lose so many cards that I'm sure players will have no trouble finding room for FB in the deck.

Again, have no idea why "Beast Box sucks, also you're an idiot cause you don't like Celesteela" is coming up in a thread about fairy Pokemon.

I just say what's on my mind, but apparently that's too much for you to handle. I guess asking for basic respect and having actual discussions from you is just way too much. Thanks for letting me know I should never try talking to you ever again, because I'll simply just get disrespected for having an opinion, just like how you have your own.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Yes, it loses a lot.

Elixir -> Beast Ring

It's still good.

Especially, since Zoroark-GX will still be one of the more consistent, and likely most popular, deck options.

The reason why buzzwole is out of the game next yeis the fact
  1. That's exactly my point. Buzzwole was too consistent for Brigette; a staple in many decks.
  2. The card serves the same purpose, actually. It accelerates energy for Knuckle Impact/Swing Around.
  3. Yes, you get 1 Beast Energy. That's 1 more damage boosting energy, than any non-beast deck.
1. its not that buzzwole wasn’t too consistent for Bridgette, Bridgette just didn’t have a spot in Buzzwole. If it was so consistent it didn’t need Bridget, we would be seeing it in top 8 or higher in every tournament. After NAIC, that’s not the case, as in masters division, not a single top 8 was a buzzwole variant.
2. It’s serves the same purpose, but in different conditions. With elixir, you could play it any time and attach any basic energy to any of your benched Pokémon. The card is extremely versatile, as it’s flexability allowed you to nab the energy you needed of the top of the deck. Beast ring accomplishes the same goal, and even gets another energy, but only under certain conditions. First, your opponent must have 3-4 prizes left, making it useless at beginning game. It also is rendered useless in situations were matches get down to the last 1-2 prizes. In those situations, getting the cards you need, especially energy, is crucial. In those situations, getting a max elixir in hand was a game changer, as it allowed you to get necessary fuel for your Pokémon. Beast ring, meanwhile, is rendered useless, and this is were the differences appear. Max elixir can work any Time. Beast ring? Not so much.
3. Beast energy is only one of, meanwhile strong energy you could have multiple of on the same Pokémon, stacking damage a lot better than just a single energy.

Overall, the point is that buzzwole does have the boosts it has now post rotation, it just doesn’t have the quantity and efficiency it has now. This changes buzzwole, as the consistency was a key buzzwole had that some other decks didn’t have. Now, with it losing some crucial cards to the consistency of the deck, it loses loads of strength, and overall just wont have the speed it had before. For example, it loses the power to take huge blows without strong energy, and it loses max elixir to get the energy it needs at crucial points. Now, this isn’t saying buzzwole is definitely gone from standard, it just will have to adapt to have a chance. Time will tell if It can do that.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill

Wow, How rude! This is a place where people can speak their ideas, and you must accept that.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
They're not bad.... but unless we see something so dominant that people go to lengths such as putting 2 weakness policy in their decks just to stop OHKOs every other turn, it's probably not going to see much tournament play.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
If it was so consistent it didn’t need Bridget, we would be seeing it in top 8 or higher in every tournament. After NAIC, that’s not the case, as in masters division, not a single top 8 was a buzzwole variant.

Or, now just hear me out on this one...
It could be, that Buzzwole became such a dominant presence in the meta, that literally every single top 8 deck is either Psychic type, or features a tech Psychic attacker.

Buzzwole is a great deck. Period.
I didn't think that was up for discussion, but it seems I was wrong there.

Zoroark-GX is the most consistent card in the format.
Buzzwole hits it for weakness.

However, Zoroark could easily tech in a Mew-EX and OHKO Buzzwole with just a DCE.
Mew-EX is rotating, and the remaining tech attackers are not as strong (Latios is the likely choice).

See:

Or:
As long as Zoroark-Gx sticks around, Buzzwole-Gx will also. It is not because it looses a few cards that it will suddenly just disappear.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Or, now just hear me out on this one...
It could be, that Buzzwole became such a dominant presence in the meta, that literally every single top 8 deck is either Psychic type, or features a tech Psychic attacker.

Buzzwole is a great deck. Period.
I didn't think that was up for discussion, but it seems I was wrong there.

Zoroark-GX is the most consistent card in the format.
Buzzwole hits it for weakness.

However, Zoroark could easily tech in a Mew-EX and OHKO Buzzwole with just a DCE.
Mew-EX is rotating, and the remaining tech attackers are not as strong (Latios is the likely choice).

See:

Or:

Personally my gut intuition says that Zoroark GX is going to see a bit of reduced play because the loss of Brigette actually affects the deck's ability to build up damage, not just its ability to get set up. Pokemon Fan Club is a sore replacement for Brigette, and spamming Nest Ball in the deck consumes a bit of space. In some ways, I feel that Naganadel GX has power crept the function of Zoraork GX as an attacker, not only because of hitting for Psychic weakness (such as Buzzwole), but also because it has the benefit of Ultra Space to feed Pokemon onto the bench that gives it more consistency than Zoroark GX in a Brigette-less format. I think instead of 4/4 Zoroark GX with a 3/2 partner, it'll be flipped around to see a 4/3 main attacker with a 2/2 to 3/3 Zoroark GX line for Trade's consistency. Zoroark GX/Magcargo GX is one such upcoming deck that I think this applies to. Perhaps Alolan Ninetales GX (fairy) with Zoroark GX to Beacon for Pokemon and Item search for Nest/Ultra Ball while giving you Dragon type coverage (UNGX/Ray) and instant UB OHKOs is also not a half bad idea.

That being said, there will still be plenty of Zoroark GX to Guzma up and OHKO, but if Zoroark GX is not going to be the one applying pressure directly as the main attacker, then there may be less value in doing that, just like how people don't really just swing at Leles for 2 "free prizes" since it doesn't interupt your opponent at all.

On the flip side, Parallel City is going away, so that could be seen as a huge green light for Zoroark GX to take the stage.

We'll see, really. The upcoming format is pretty interesting to me. I think there are a lot of good options, and honestly my favorite part of a meta is when it's still being figured out. I think all of the major current rotation decks stand a reasonable chance and there is a lot of room for upcoming decks to compete.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Yes, it loses a lot.

Elixir -> Beast Ring

It's still good.

Beadt ring and Beast Energy aren’t replacements. Beast energy is 1 per deck. And Beast Ring removes all the early game pressure that you can have. Which was Buzzy’s greatest strength