SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
So, for starters, Adventure Satchel is really really good. Secondly, these Fairy Charms are... bizarre? Their not really that great, because they’re so specific. Also, will they all count as different cards? In other words, can you have four of each in a deck, or just four Fairy Charms of any sort?

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
So... Metal frying pan was a sorry for gardevoir... I assume these are a sorry for Malamar and Buzzwole

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
So, for starters, Adventure Satchel is really really good. Secondly, these Fairy Charms are... bizarre? Their not really that great, because they’re so specific. Also, will they all count as different cards? In other words, can you have four of each in a deck, or just four Fairy Charms of any sort?
You can have four of each. The type symbol is part of the name, so they all have different names.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Four each

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
This is not really what Fairy (and by extension, Gardevoir-GX) need. Tool cards and Stadiums that are only relevant on your opponent's turn are always weaker than those you can get immediate value from. All these Charms can just get Field Blowered and turned irrelevant.

Also, 4 × Adventuring Satchel + Sightseer for Rotom decks.

Genesect-GX appreciates Adventuring Satchel as well.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Fairy Charm - this card is gonna counter big Pokemon in the meta which are Buzzwole, Malamar, and possibly Rayquaza. The downside are... getting discarded by Field Blower and only used on Fairy Pokemon... really. Many decks need it. Come on! 4 Geodudes
  • Adventure Bag - good way to search out tools easily. 4 Geodudes

MrMimik

Aspiring Trainer
It’s times like these where I dread losing Skyla in Standard.
Adventure Bag is practically useless without some way of getting THAT card out.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
The only remotely useful one is the Psychic Charm - Naganadel/Stakataka doesn't want to play FB at all and since there will be no more Garbotoxin and Parallel Malamar will probably consider it too. Then again if this card sees play people can just put back those FBs again...Naganadel probably can't which is another reason why I think that Beast Box is doomed to fail sooner or later even after rotation.

That adventure thing is nice though. Basically the old Elesa supporter just better.

This seems like an overly harsh take on Naganadel/Stakataka just because a half decent Pokemon tool was released for only Fairy Pokemon.

Who said that Naganadel/Stakataka can only attack with Naganadel GX? There is no Fairy Charm for metal type, and Stakataka GX OHKOs anything and everything Fairy and can accelerate energy with Beast Ring if the opponent takes a single GX KO and drops to 4 prizes, and Naganadel GX can still use its GX attack to rebalance the prize pool if they fall behind. None of these Fairy Charms solve the typing's weakness to Metal (and they never should) and have no impact on Nagandel's GX attack whatsoever, so I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, no offense. Just seems weird that you'd target this deck when Fairy hasn't even shown a promise of being amazing in the next rotation like when Gardevoir GX was first printed.

Beast Box is going to fall apart one day because this is a trading card game and power creep/format changes are guaranteed. Just look at how this year's format went. Beast Box is not falling apart because Fairy is getting these Pokemon tools.

Also consider the fact that if Fairy became the dominant typing of the format, all of these Fairy Charms are literally useless in Fairy mirror matches. These charms rely completely on a format dominated by the 3 types they cover and makes Fairy a rogue type deck meant for people who can make a really solid read on the meta.

These tools are good for trying to insert Fairy back into the format, but they don't exactly help them get anywhere offensively or in terms of speed or consistency.

I feel like Adventure Bag is very situationally useful. I usually really don't need 2 Pokemon tools at once - usually just one choice band. If it was this current rotation, then grabbing both a float stone and a choice band at once would be amazing, so see you in expanded I guess. Have fun Garbotoxin.

Would be pretty great if Silvally GX ever became relevant again though.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Duo is right, how dumb it is to say that one tool is enough to make fairies counter Stakata/Naganadel? You just have to hit for weakness with Stakatakatakatakataka

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Adventure bag is definetely going to be played in decks,to find things like choice band, escape board and the fairy charms.

The fairy charms insanely broken. This counters ultra necrozma, rayquaza, naganadel and buzzwole. Definetely staples in all decks that counter meta. Now every deck has to play field blower!

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
The only remotely useful one is the Psychic Charm - Naganadel/Stakataka doesn't want to play FB at all and since there will be no more Garbotoxin and Parallel Malamar will probably consider it too. Then again if this card sees play people can just put back those FBs again...Naganadel probably can't which is another reason why I think that Beast Box is doomed to fail sooner or later even after rotation.

That adventure thing is nice though. Basically the old Elesa supporter just better.
Actually the fighting one counters buzzwole pretty well, as from what I’ve seen buzzwole plays at most one field blower.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
SAtchel: nah.
Charm:
Fairy decks became invincible. However, we all thought the same thing about the Metal Apocalypse, but that never happened...