Finished Mafia LII : The Game World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Although I'd be really wanting to hop right into another game, I've got a few other things I need to take care of during this summer.

Please put me at the bottom of the sub list​

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
*four more because 12 is kinda the minimum here, let’s not start lowering the bar even further

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
If possible I don’t think anyone would mind a 9 person game. Activity problems plague this site and that would essentially eliminate them.
I'd be very inclined to disagree here Camo. If one player doesn't post enough with so few players, their entire faction is in a good deal of trouble. Also, less people=less interactions=significantly less posts and information in a game. Even moving from 12->16 players in a game can double our activity and I wouldn't be shocked at all if a 9'er ends up with less than 400 of posts based on the fact that a game with the equivalent of 17 players (due to modkills) ended up with just about 1000 of them.
Even with our 11'er as it currently stands, every one of us will really need to put in the work to post a lot (at least 10, preferably at least 20 times a game day) or else risk the game dying activity-wise.
Not to mention that an 11 player game has strange balance, since you can have 3 scum and town goes to LYLO after only two mislynches and it's quite scumsided or have only 2 scum, in which case it quickly becomes quite townsided when you factor in PRs and probably needs multiple indies to balance itself out.

Last edited:

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I'd be very inclined to disagree here Camo. If one player doesn't post enough with so few players, their entire faction is in a good deal of trouble.
That's the idea. If a player isn't active you sub them out.
Even with our 11'er as it currently stands, every one of us will really need to put in the work to post a lot (at least 10, preferably at least 20 times a game day) or else risk the game dying activity-wise.
Post count is not the same as game quality. This is an untrue assessment. Having less players means more posts on average not less. Lategame in every game consists of four or five players. Starting with 9 is the same as about half way through a game of 20. There's no difference in that aspect but since you can actually sub out someone you don't think is sufficient you increase game quality. Game quality actually goes up with less players and that's why 12 or 9 players is actually the norm on most hardcore sites.
Not to mention that an 11 player game has strange balance, since you can have 3 scum and town goes to LYLO after only two mislynches and it's quite scumsided or have only 2 scum, in which case it quickly becomes quite townsided when you factor in PRs and probably needs multiple indies to balance itself out.
That's why a nine player game with two scum is better. 7 and 2 is basically the perfect ratio.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Setups with 7:2 and 8:3 hit lylo at the same time. How is the nine-player setup better?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Since I'm at the office currently, I'm extending the sign up till 9PM (GMT+8) (11 hours and 45 minutes from now)..

After that I would start handing out the roles..

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Setups with 7:2 and 8:3 hit lylo at the same time. How is the nine-player setup better?
Hitting LYLO isn’t an indicator. With 8:3, LYLO with three scum left all but means good game. 7:2 gives town a fair chance of winning while retaining scum’s chances. 8:3 is heavily skewed towards scum as almost half of the players are mafia and thus normally what ends up happening is 8:2:1 which still isn’t as fair to mafia.

8:3 is one mislynch to lose with the option of a no lynch. That’s crazy. 7:2 is two which is fair with power roles. 8:2 or 9:2 is actually the norm for standard setups but factoring power roles in makes 7:2 incredibly balanced. Mislynches to loss is the standard for how fairness is determined.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Roles are being sent in the order of Sign Up and no way reflect the alignment of any individuals.

Please like this Message to confirm you have received the the roles.

Night 0 will start once all players have Liked this post

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Pre-Game

Uploading Personal Information………………….
Generating Avatar………………………………..
Adjusting Skill Level…………………………….

*Please Wait*

“Welcome to The Game World. In this world, anyone can be on top if you try hard enough. Skills and Luck are you two best buddies. Make sure to increase them….

Please proceed to the training hall”

“Before you can proceed, you need to complete the tutorial level”

Starting Tutorial in 5 seconds….
Tutorial Level has been skip…..

*Players has been given an Item Pouch*

**Item Pouch Content
Room Key
Food Coupon
Guidebook (CORRUPTED)

“We hope you can enjoy the game”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 0

**AFTER A FEW MONTHS**

“Congratulation the 11 players who have manage to gain prestigious title by being on top of their games”

NEW QUEST!!!!

Quest Name : Save the World
Requirement : Eliminate all threat to the Legends
Rewards : Mysterious Treasure Chest
Entry Bonus : 100 Game Points

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 0 has started. You may use your Active Ability unless it specifically disallow Night 0 usage. Night 0 will end at 19th July 8PM [GMT +8] (Timer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auction

Each player may sent in a Bid for one of the item only. Player who bids the most Game Point for that item will received it at the end of this phase. Minimum Bid is 10 Points. Please sent in your Bids before the Night ends.

To Send in your Bid simply PM me the name item you wish to bid and the amount you want to bid. Once a bid is sent you can’t change it.

Items List are as follow.

Forced Deal - During the day/night, PM me the names of two players. During the next phase, both players items will be swapped with each other.
Constraining Tunic - During the day/night, PM me the name of a player. During the next phase, that player will not be able to use any item.
Item Finder - During the day/night, PM me the name of a player. During this phase, if that player uses an item, it will be published in the next Update.
Invisible Cloak - During the day/night , PM me the name of a player. During the next phase, you will steal one of their items.
Dragon Shield - During the day/night, PM me the name of a player. During the next phase, that player will be shielded from item used by other players.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Auction

Each player may sent in a Bid for one of the item only. Player who bids the most Game Point for that item will received it at the end of this phase. Minimum Bid is 10 Points. Please sent in your Bids before the Night ends.

To Send in your Bid simply PM me the name item you wish to bid and the amount you want to bid. Once a bid is sent you can’t change it.

Forced Deal - During the day/night, PM me the names of two players. During the next phase, both players items will be swapped with each other.
Constraining Tunic - During the day/night, PM me the name of a player. During the next phase, that player will not be able to use any item.
Item Finder - During the day/night, PM me the name of a player. During this phase, if that player uses an item, it will be published in the next Update.
Invisible Cloak - During the day/night , PM me the name of a player. During the next phase, you will steal one of their items.
Dragon Shield - During the day/night, PM me the name of a player. During the next phase, that player will be shielded from item used by other players.

In case anyone is wondering,,

All player can bid in auction (include dead players)
[Yes, Dead Players can still influence the game] *There will be no Dead Chat to prevent item discussion among the dead*
Only winner will need to pay for the item they bid. Everyone else who didn't win the bid will not have to pay.
In the rare chances of the same item receiving multiple highest bid, the winner will be selected at random.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
In case anyone is wondering,,

All player can bid in auction (include dead players)
[Yes, Dead Players can still influence the game] *There will be no Dead Chat to prevent item discussion among the dead*
Only winner will need to pay for the item they bid. Everyone else who didn't win the bid will not have to pay.
In the rare chances of the same item receiving multiple highest bid, the winner will be selected at random.
To clarify...

All item purchase are 1 used only. You doesn't necessarily need to use them immidiately. The same item might appear in future bids regardless if it was sold or not.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Night 0

**AFTER A FEW MONTHS**

“Congratulation the 11 players who have manage to gain prestigious title by being on top of their games”

NEW QUEST!!!!

Quest Name : Save the World
Requirement : Eliminate all threat to the Legends
Rewards : Mysterious Treasure Chest
Entry Bonus : 100 Game Points

Night 0 has started. You may use your Active Ability unless it specifically disallow Night 0 usage. Night 0 will end at 19th July 8PM [GMT +8] (Timer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auction

You have less than 24 hours to submit your action & bids

Status
Not open for further replies.