'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Sceptile + Venusaur could be interesting
2 Stage 2s, no!

• Sceptile - Well the teaser is all worth it. Immune to UBs like UN, DMN, and Buzzwole. Plus a very worthy atk for 1 energy.
  • My conversation between me and a youngster:
Youngster: Oh! Sceptile is good, can I pair it with Venusaur, Rhyperior?
Me: No.
Youngster: I'll run 1-1-1 of these. You only need 1 in play.
Me: No. What if one of them is prized?
Youngster: Ugh?! I'll run Gladion.
Me: Still No.
  • My score? 4 Geodudes
  • Kartana - 130 for 2 wherein you can attach it with Beast Ring in one go, plus 60 HP? That's an insult. Why Kartana didn't have higher HP? 3 Geodudes
  • Celesteela - To someone say that it will see play. Yes, but not as great as you expect. How will you KO big UB GXs for 4 energy if the effect is active and a CB? How? Still an expensive one. Just run Turtonator, use Bright Flame, attach a CB and OHKO those GXs. 3 Geodudes
  • Latias * - Now I am thinking on the corner and wondering what starter do I use, a MopHead elder dragon that deal 20 and attaches energy to N mon but not a ☆, or a Red Female Jet plane which is a ☆ but accels energy greatly which is like Baby Volcanion, #HeyNick!, but you cannot retrieve it back. In speaking of that, pls. Clarify the atk effect of Latias *. It is like Volcanion before. It should be: "For each of your benched Basic N Pokémon, attach a Basic energy from your discard to that Pokémon" 4 Geodudes
  • Sky Pillar - Sky Pillar = Mountain Ring, period. 2-3 Geodudes

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
2 Stage 2s, no!

• Sceptile - Well the teaser is all worth it. Immune to UBs like UN, DMN, and Buzzwole. Plus a very worthy atk for 1 energy.
  • My conversation between me and a youngster:
Youngster: Oh! Sceptile is good, can I pair it with Venusaur, Rhyperior?
Me: No.
Youngster: I'll run 1-1-1 of these. You only need 1 in play.
Me: No. What if one of them is prized?
Youngster: Ugh?! I'll run Gladion.
Me: Still No.
  • My score? 4 Geodudes
  • Kartana - 130 for 2 wherein you can attach it with Beast Ring in one go, plus 60 HP? That's an insult. Why Kartana didn't have higher HP? 3 Geodudes
  • Celesteela - To someone say that it will see play. Yes, but not as great as you expect. How will you KO big UB GXs for 4 energy if the effect is active and a CB? How? Still an expensive one. Just run Turtonator, use Bright Flame, attach a CB and OHKO those GXs. 3 Geodudes
  • Latias * - Now I am thinking on the corner and wondering what starter do I use, a MopHead elder dragon that deal 20 and attaches energy to N mon but not a ☆, or a Red Female Jet plane which is a ☆ but accels energy greatly which is like Baby Volcanion, #HeyNick!, but you cannot retrieve it back. In speaking of that, pls. Clarify the atk effect of Latias *. It is like Volcanion before. It should be: "For each of your benched Basic N Pokémon, attach a Basic energy from your discard to that Pokémon" 4 Geodudes
  • Sky Pillar - Sky Pillar = Mountain Ring, period. 2-3 Geodudes
You can't Beast Ring baby Kartana and do 130. Both have different prize requirements from the opponent.
Celesteela's attack cost 1 metal, not requiring 1 less(if requirements are met)
Latias accelerates more than 1 Energy, both are likely one-ofs either way, and why would you retrieve something after you want to use it?
I think we can all agree that Mountain Ring sucks ass. I completely forgot about that card.

Sceptile is all theory mons right now. It'll either be really good or really bad. I'm guessing bad.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
Couldnt you run Rayquaza with Sceptile? Both scaling damage attacks, Sceptile can provide potential defense against UBs that can 1 shot Rayquaza. Maybe add in Shining Genesect as well, to have other targets to put energy on other than Ray and Sceptile, and still benefit from it.

I suppose Rayquaza, Altaria, Latias can be something nifty too with Lance to set up Altarias.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
latias seems stupidly good in expanded, roll a mega rayquaza-ish list with rayquaza GX and altaria to cycle through most of the deck turn 1 and accelerate a good 4 to 5 energies on the first turn.

in standard though seems like she'd be best as some sort of mid-game energy acceleration after your first rayquaza goes down. but without max elixir as said it feels really clunky and you're much better off running vikavolt. if it accelerated from the deck though, oh baby.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Sky Pillar...is really interesting.

From the wording, it sounds like it can block Trevenant BREAK damage, so stuff like Durant Mill can actually stand a chance against the stupid deck if it becomes big again (not sure how big it’ll be when this set gets released, but hey! I’m all for it!)

The Ultra Beasts are interesting, but EXTREMELY niche. The attacks look insanely good, but banking on having exactly 6 prizes in play just to reap the bonuses seems too risky. At least with Buzzwole, it’s easier to manage and manipulate.

That Sceptile is...really scary. I’m planning on running Naganadel after Worlds and uh....yeah.

It’s a stage 2, so unless the meta is literally overrun with Ultra Beasts, I don’t see this becoming a thing. But still.

Latias Prism is neat looking, but it seems really niche. Dragon decks are not the most fun things to pilot to victory and you need to have a good chunk of energy in the discard pile to
Make it worth it. Expanded has the tools to put Latias Prism to better use, but the meta isn’t forgiving enough for dragons to make a comeback. Oh! And it’s attack only attaches BASIC energy. Press ‘F’ for respects for DDE. HA!

John Healey

Spread Player
Not feeling the Sceptile, honestly.
Stage2 that needs set-up to do damge; very slow.
It's ability is easy to play around.
ex. You can just use Mew to attack instead.

Latias seems useful; obvious synergy with Ray.
I do like how it's attack is colorless, meaning it can be used in any Dragon deck.
Very nice!

Can't use Mew when this is released. Probably.

Mr. Rhyperior

You can't Beast Ring baby Kartana and do 130. Both have different prize requirements from the opponent.
Celesteela's attack cost 1 metal, not requiring 1 less(if requirements are met)
Latias accelerates more than 1 Energy, both are likely one-ofs either way, and why would you retrieve something after you want to use it?
I think we can all agree that Mountain Ring sucks ass. I completely forgot about that card.

Sceptile is all theory mons right now. It'll either be really good or really bad. I'm guessing bad.
You forgot to say #HeyNick because you mentioned "Baby" on it. About that, you have a point. Okay, Celesteela is 4-5 Geodudes now

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer

From the wording, it sounds like it can block Trevenant BREAK damage, so stuff like Durant Mill can actually stand a chance against the stupid deck if it becomes big again (not sure how big it’ll be when this set gets released, but hey! I’m all for it!)

The Ultra Beasts are interesting, but EXTREMELY niche. The attacks look insanely good, but banking on having exactly 6 prizes in play just to reap the bonuses seems too risky. At least with Buzzwole, it’s easier to manage and manipulate.

That Sceptile is...really scary. I’m planning on running Naganadel after Worlds and uh....yeah.

It’s a stage 2, so unless the meta is literally overrun with Ultra Beasts, I don’t see this becoming a thing. But still.

Latias Prism is neat looking, but it seems really niche. Dragon decks are not the most fun things to pilot to victory and you need to have a good chunk of energy in the discard pile to
Make it worth it. Expanded has the tools to put Latias Prism to better use, but the meta isn’t forgiving enough for dragons to make a comeback. Oh! And it’s attack only attaches BASIC energy. Press ‘F’ for respects for DDE. HA!
sky pillar is easily replaced, it will have much use as moutain ring. Better off using, mr mime, bronzong, or machoke.
latios is not really good, may give each dragon an energy, but i would just use colorless rayquaza to get the energies out

Mr. Rhyperior

Sky Pilar is Mountain Ring, period.Since when benched Pokémon receive any effects from the opponent's atk?

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Sky Pilar is Mountain Ring, period.Since when benched Pokémon receive any effects from the opponent's atk?

Since Trevenant BREAK

Placing damage counters on Pokémon = effect of an attack

Pillar blocks virtually all damage you could possibly do to the bench.

Unless they make a new Digger/Venture Bomb that hits the bench

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Sceptile and Latias give Rayquaza some unique options rather than just using with Vikavolt. Sky Pillar is awesome especially with Mr. Mime rotating.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
It doesn't reduce the attack cost by one metal energy, it reduces the entire attack cost to just a single metal energy
Yeah, realized I misread, my bad! (First posted when the translations weren't completely up so read the card text myself :p)

Wechselbalg

brb
I like baby Celesteela, very similar to baby Buzzwole. Nice 1-of tech in metal builds.

Sceptile might be abused just for the ability alone, altough since there is nothing as of yet that could be paired up with a stage 2 that accelerates [G] energy I don't see how this could become more than just passive-aggressive trolling against decks where the main attacker is an UB.

Sky Pillar - Snipe hate yay. Fortunately it's a situational Stadium that needs to be active on your opponent's turn so I can't really see people playing it. Maybe with that new Wishiwashi archetype that makes Wishiwashi-GX an übertank with all those new little Wishies on the bench?

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Love that kartana has just sliced an ENTIRE APPARTMENT BOCK in two.. Not bad for a pokemon that's only 5ft 6 and 0.1kg in weight

Official the most powerful pokemon ever

lol

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
This Sceptile makes you realise why the ban of Forest of Giant Plants is a good thing. This card is alright to begin with but if it had Forest of Giant Plants, it could get pretty scary.

On the other hand, Celesteela is interesting. Sure, it costs 5 energies but it's only one steel energy and 4 colorless and you don't have to discard. It also only costs 1 prize card. So with proper energy acceleration (such as Metal Magnezone) and proper energy retrieval from the discard pile, Celesteela could be used quite effectively.

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
as i said before ray will get support in the set, sceptile would be good as a stage 1 supporter for ray but teching a stage 2 doenst seem that good.
latias seems good tho but i doubt ray its enouhg to carry ray

Nyora

A Cat
There is too many very powerful abilities in this set that would make a game unfun (ie. sceptile). I predict we get a new form of Garbotoxin in this, or something right after it.