'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Mar 7, 2018.

1. MoFoTY86 Aspiring Trainer
    MoFoTY86

"Discards top 3 cards." Better use Mallow, or you are risking cards that could help you. (Rare Candy, Vikavolt, Draw power, etc etc. Might want to use a UPM Oranguru to get your resources back in case you do discard them.

So let's say you set up Vikavolt turn 1. with Rayquaza's ability, you are getting 90 dmg off the bat. Now run Mallow (put two Lightning energy on top), set 2 Rayquaza on bench discarding the energies. That's 2 energies. vikavolt strong charge a Rayquaza (makes it 4 energy) and put another energy for the turn on the other Rayquaza (makes it 5 energies). 30 X 5=150 damage, attach Choice band=180 + Kukui=200 and Devoured Field doing 10 more damage for those one hit KO on Zoroarks and other 210 Pokemon.

If a Rayquaza get's knocked out (3 energy in the discard), you can play Zinnia and attach 2 basic energy to one of your dragon Pokemon. So if you had a Rayquaza with only 1 energy, attach the two to it, set down another rayquaza, rescue stretcher=rayquaza and 2 energy back to the bench, strong charge you're doing an additional 60 damage.

This is something I am gonna have to proxy up and test it out.

2. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

Of course we acknowledge this, it still means that you need more energy on the field to hit the same damage numbers, and you have to keep that energy on the field. It doesn't matter what it's attached to, you will take more turns to get the same damage out of Rayquaza that you do out of Bulu, and it will be harder to reset your board from lost energy, since if you don't have 3 on the bench and 3 on the active, you aren't OHKOing base 190s/210s.

3. blueduckgolduck Ace Trainer
    blueduckgolduck

Advanced Member Member

Welp gardevoir it looks like gardevoir will reign supreme again

4. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

5. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

At first I thought kartana had cut a stackatacka I half but it's just a building lame

6. Sharkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Sharkrai

Hmmm...sceptile could definitely see some use. An energy based attack and no damage from ultra beasts? Worth testing out I would think. That dragon acceleration is enticing too, especially with dragonite gx and such...

On the other hand, kartana looks like a one time use, and celesteela...the cost is big, and even if you can do 160 for 2 dce at the start of the game, still would take at least 2 turns to set up, which means if the opponent can get a prize during that set up time, it's back to 5 energy cost. Interesting to see how these cards will be received though.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  7. Timmony_tcg Aspiring Trainer
    Timmony_tcg

Well, there goes all the mystery of what 3 UBs would be in our Celestial Storm set... haha

8. NinjaSquirtle15 Aspiring Trainer
    NinjaSquirtle15

Sceptile + Venusaur could be interesting

9. Sharkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Sharkrai

2 stage 2's in a deck though sounds rough ^^;

10. Zero Umbreon Probably a human
    Zero Umbreon

Well, Dragon is broken. Also, hello, Vikavolt, Rayquaza GX, and Sceptile.

Gamerdynasty4ever likes this.
  11. Ecourts Wanderer | Lvl.2
    Ecourts

Not feeling the Sceptile, honestly.
    Stage2 that needs set-up to do damge; very slow.
    It's ability is easy to play around.
    ex. You can just use Mew to attack instead.

Latias seems useful; obvious synergy with Ray.
    I do like how it's attack is colorless, meaning it can be used in any Dragon deck.
    Very nice!

Holden Sheeks likes this.
  12. BrianFrobey Aspiring Trainer
    BrianFrobey

It doesn't reduce the attack cost by one metal energy, it reduces the entire attack cost to just a single metal energy

Gamerdynasty4ever likes this.
  13. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

All translations now up! Make sure to re-read them, some of them changed while the story was developing!

14. gumball51321 *thumbs up*
    gumball51321

Latias isn't doing a great job at making Rayquaza look enticing. Once Elixir rotates, it's bad. But it also loses to everything relevant to the current meta. Reprint Elixir and we'll talk.

15. Zero Umbreon Probably a human
    Zero Umbreon

If Celesteela had a bit of a lower attack cost, it might be good. But nope. If the attack did 200 damage, then maybe it would be worth it, but Celesteela does as much damage as Goodra.

16. Zero Umbreon Probably a human
    Zero Umbreon

“Storm and Stress?” What happened to Angry Gale? That was so much better.

17. NinjaSquirtle15 Aspiring Trainer
    NinjaSquirtle15

*misses FOGP* :(

18. Ecourts Wanderer | Lvl.2
    Ecourts

Yup, yup~
    One attachment + CB...
    Good for a knock out vs Buzzwole/Ultra Necrozma/Dusk Mane/etc
    Might see play.

Though, now that the translation has been updated, not sure if it's better or worse.
    6 is a common number here...

1 and 5
    2 and 4
    3 and 3

As opposed to the one-hit wonder; this could be a quality revenge killer!

19. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

An angry site reader named Gale didn't appreciate the name.

Lord Goomy, John InCENAroar and Yog like this.
  20. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

Kartana would have been great with just an M cost but MM is a big investment for a card that won't be useful at all after the first few turns. Celesteela could definitely see play as a one of in metal, 4-2 split is pretty common and one metal and a band for 190 is pretty impressive any way you cut it.

Sceptile will be low-end playable but has no real answer against Zoroark. Every potential partner I see is either a stage 1 or 2, consistency will be very low for a mediocre attack. The ability is really good though.

Latias might make Rayquaza look good if it was either attaching from the deck, or wasn't a prism star. As is you run a big risk of either prizing it due to it being a mandatory one of or accidentally discarding it with Rayquaza's ability.

Ecourts likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?