'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Update: We’ve received better scans of CoroCoro from our friend lovemuma in Japan, confirming the translations we had earlier. The only update is that we now know Rayquaza’s Ability only attaches the one basic Energy to the Rayquaza using it.

Kyle Asplund

Life is like a boomerang, it all just comes back.
Stakataka doesn't need to have good attacks. All that matters is that Naganadel has more support. Even though metal has enough Ultra Beast cards, this one making 5.

Rayquaza is asscheeks though.
Rayquaza is asscheek-oh fight me right now...

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone is saying that Bulu is better than Rayquaza because it needs 6 energy to hit 180 however nobody is acknowledging the fact that it’s 6 grass and electric energy attached to all your Pokémon in play you don’t have to get 6 energy on every single Rayquaza.

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
Rayqyazza was made to be played with vikavolt but definitely not better than Bulu

I do disagree. Both Bulu and Rayquaza are just as viable. The difference is that Rayquaza does not have a damage cap, meaning it can 1HKO anything with the right amount of energies. All it needs is 6 energies + CB to 1HKO Zoroark GX and 5 + CB to 1HKO Buzzwole, so in that regard, Rayquaza GX is Better than Bulu GX.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Rayquaza GX would be a good addition to the VikaBulu deck, but only 180 HP for the mighty Rayquaza is a bit sad. Rayquaza GX's HP should at least be 190 HP.

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
I like the new Ray. I think it's solid that you can spread your energy around you pokemon in play to ramp up damage. It's a bit slower than Bulu, but if you go with Magnazone instead, you could get things moving pretty quickly. With just a single grass energy, and some access to several lightning, you could have 180+ damage without too much trouble. I don't like the 180 HP though. We'll see if the masters can make this work or not.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
"Discards top 3 cards." Better use Mallow, or you are risking cards that could help you. (Rare Candy, Vikavolt, Draw power, etc etc. Might want to use a UPM Oranguru to get your resources back in case you do discard them.

So let's say you set up Vikavolt turn 1. with Rayquaza's ability, you are getting 90 dmg off the bat. Now run Mallow (put two Lightning energy on top), set 2 Rayquaza on bench discarding the energies. That's 2 energies. vikavolt strong charge a Rayquaza (makes it 4 energy) and put another energy for the turn on the other Rayquaza (makes it 5 energies). 30 X 5=150 damage, attach Choice band=180 + Kukui=200 and Devoured Field doing 10 more damage for those one hit KO on Zoroarks and other 210 Pokemon.

If a Rayquaza get's knocked out (3 energy in the discard), you can play Zinnia and attach 2 basic energy to one of your dragon Pokemon. So if you had a Rayquaza with only 1 energy, attach the two to it, set down another rayquaza, rescue stretcher=rayquaza and 2 energy back to the bench, strong charge you're doing an additional 60 damage.

This is something I am gonna have to proxy up and test it out.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone is saying that Bulu is better than Rayquaza because it needs 6 energy to hit 180 however nobody is acknowledging the fact that it’s 6 grass and electric energy attached to all your Pokémon in play you don’t have to get 6 energy on every single Rayquaza.

Of course we acknowledge this, it still means that you need more energy on the field to hit the same damage numbers, and you have to keep that energy on the field. It doesn't matter what it's attached to, you will take more turns to get the same damage out of Rayquaza that you do out of Bulu, and it will be harder to reset your board from lost energy, since if you don't have 3 on the bench and 3 on the active, you aren't OHKOing base 190s/210s.