Resource Forum Games Resources & General Discussion

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
With Mafia 50 looming in the horizon, I'm just wanting to ask/confirm a few things:

- Does anyone have any good name ideas for what to call these larger mafia games aimed at the wider community (would it be semi-regular thing)? The best that I've got is PokeBeach Ultimate Mafia or the Great PokeBeach Mafia, which sorta sounds a bit corny to me. n.n'
- @Camoclone and @NinjaPenguin, are you guys still fine with advising the mafian and innocent teams respectively?
- I'm still on the look out for some extra prizes for things like MVP prizes and the like! We currently have a workable pool of 107 packs from an assortment of different sets, but if anyone else has some online packs or neat cards that you aren't wanting/using anymore that you'd like to donate, then I'm all ears.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
With Mafia 50 looming in the horizon, I'm just wanting to ask/confirm a few things:

- Does anyone have any good name ideas for what to call these larger mafia games aimed at the wider community (would it be semi-regular thing)? The best that I've got is PokeBeach Ultimate Mafia or the Great PokeBeach Mafia, which sorta sounds a bit corny to me. n.n'
- @Camoclone and @NinjaPenguin, are you guys still fine with advising the mafian and innocent teams respectively?
- I'm still on the look out for some extra prizes for things like MVP prizes and the like! We currently have a workable pool of 107 packs from an assortment of different sets, but if anyone else has some online packs or neat cards that you aren't wanting/using anymore that you'd like to donate, then I'm all ears.
For sure! :D

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
a1eODoI.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Just a bit more direction on the advising role for @Camoclone / @NinjaPenguin! We’re ultimately trying to bring our new players from having no clue about mafia at the game start, to feeling confident enough to continue playing by the game end. With that in mind, make sure you don’t end up ‘playing the game’ for someone. I’d imagine that it's best to make recommendations or suggestions to players only if they specifically request it, unless you can tell that someone's really missing the mark or is becoming particularly frustrated, in which case, you might like to ask if they need help. Also make sure that when you give advice to new players, you aren’t being too complex or too complicated.

NP, since you’ll be able to figure who’s mafia and will know the town’s roles, be extra careful that you aren't accidentally giving away tidbits or making suggestions informed by this information. Put yourself in their shoes, or even ask what they think to figure out what they know, and then answer accordingly.

I’ll also put the four of us into a forum conversation if you need to ask any more questions before or during the game.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
giphy.gif

On a different note, it's about time for a new round of mafia applications! These games will fill the two slots after Mafia 50, which will end in about a month to two month's time. If you're keen, submit an application to @Vracken and myself by the 14th of April, making sure that you include the information described here! ^.^

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

On a different note, it's about time for a new round of mafia applications! These games will fill the two slots after Mafia 50, which will end in about a month to two month's time. If you're keen, submit an application to @Vracken and myself by the 14th of April, making sure that you include the information described here! ^.^

Anyone needing a Co-Host, I'm available.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
giphy.gif

The next host(s) for Mafia are @NinjaPenguin and @Vracken (they will be cohosting Mafia 51)! Congratulations guys! We didn't get any other applications outside of that one though, so for now, applications will remain open perpetually.

Last edited:

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Earlier I had an idea for a game of Food Network's Chopped, but with text - based Pokemon card fakes. Here's the Original Post:

Hello, hello! Welcome to Pokebeach CHOPPED; a game where you make text - based Pokemon cards unlike you've ever done before! I'm your host Ted Alle - *COUGH**COUGH* - As I was saying, I'm your host Professor_jplap. 4 Individuals will be participating in this heated battle. Here's how it works:
  • Before the round starts, 4 mystery items will be revealed.
  • These mystery items are mandatory and must be used in your entry
  • The mystery items will include things like "Flip a coin" and "[F]"
  • You will have to create a text - fake with the mystery items and PM it to your host.
  • The Judges and I will discuss each card and choose a participant who will not be moving to the next round. That player will be "Chopped".
  • The winner will receive ten thousa - *COUGH**COUGH* - A firm hand shake from the host
I'm trying to include the "Appetizer - Entree - Desert" sorta thing but can't find any way to implement it. Have any questions? Ask me.

Last edited:

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Earlier I had an idea for a game of Food Network's Chopped, but with text - based Pokemon card fakes. Here's the Original Post:

Hello, hello! Welcome to Pokebeach CHOPPED; a game where you make text - based Pokemon cards unlike you've ever done before! I'm your host Ted Alle - *COUGH**COUGH* - As I was saying, I'm your host Professor_jplap. 4 Individuals will be participating in this heated fo. Here's how it works:
  • You will have to create a text - fake with the mystery items and PM it to your host.
Have any questions? Ask me.
This is brilliant! How long would you have to complete the card?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
@bbninjas and @Vracken is this game approved?

Hello, hello! Welcome to Pokebeach CHOPPED; a game where you make text - based Pokemon cards unlike you've ever done before! I'm your host Ted Alle - *COUGH**COUGH* - As I was saying, I'm your host Professor_jplap. 4 Individuals will be participating in this heated battle. Here's how it works:
  • The Judges and I will discuss each card and choose a participant who will not be moving to the next round. That player will be "Chopped".
  • The winner will receive ten thousa - *COUGH**COUGH* - A firm hand shake from the host
I'm trying to include the "Appetizer - Entree - Desert" sorta thing but can't find any way to implement it. Have any questions? Ask me.

Celever

Wheeeee~
giphy.gif

The next host(s) for Mafia are @NinjaPenguin and @Vracken (they will be cohosting Mafia 51)! Congratulations guys! We didn't get any other applications outside of that one though, so for now, applications will remain open perpetually.
Is this still the case? If so, I can throw something together :p Would be rough, but I need an intellectual pursuit for a while, and game design would fulfil that.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Is this still the case? If so, I can throw something together :p Would be rough, but I need an intellectual pursuit for a while, and game design would fulfil that.

Yeah, it is! Applications are still open for sure.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Hey, just wanted to let you all know that I've been working on a super-cool Chrome Extension for PokeBeach Mafia!
It's named "Court Record" after the drop down menu from the Ace Attorney game series:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/court-record/fhpkdihajcpcmljoeifnodgogdmbceep

This extension adds little checkboxes to PokeBeach and QuickTopic posts when viewing them in the Chrome browser. If these checkboxes are checked, the post will be marked as "important" and highlighted so it will be easier to come back to.
Furthermore, all posts you mark can be viewed all at once by clicking on the extension icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. From there, the posts can be queried and filtered to your liking.

It doesn't cost money or collect any personal information. I'm hoping on updating it later on to include many helpful features in the future (hopefully after the NAIC), such as:
  • Auto Vote Counting
  • Keeping track of users and their factions
  • Post-by-post notes
  • Searching posts by faction interaction (scum v. scum, town v. town, scum v. town, etc)
  • Post-counting by user
I hope this is able to help all of you guys playing forum mafia! Let me know what you think.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
If anyone ever needs a co-host for Mafia, I'm available. I don't have the time nor the ability to host a game myself, but I can be helpful as co-host.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@GM DracLord has volunteered to host Mafia LII! Expect that game to be posted in the near, near future. ^.^

As per normal, host applications for mafia games will be open perpetually until the queue has been filled.