Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Why do people keep wanting a basic [N] energy? Wouldn’t that basically just be colorless since there are no cards with [N] attack costs

No Goomy?
No Goomy.
Blast it.

I believe the missing Stadium is Wela Volcano Park.

Also, one of those items looks suspiciously like Sacred Ash.

Quagsire woth an ability gonna be great. I can see it :
When you play this card, you win. A vreat ability for a great pokemon.

The fact that we're getting a new Darmanitan (my favorite Pokemon along with Empoleon) after almost five and a half years makes me more excited than anything else honestly.

Victini ◇ seems to have only one attack, which is unusual, since all the other Prism Star pokémon have had 2 attacks or 1 attack + ability so far.

So I think this might be the first purely offensive Prism Star pokémon. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Hail Mary attacker, doing more damage if you're behind on prizes or perhaps reliant on coin flips (which would synergize well with Fliptini). Since it seems like it only needs two fire energy for the attack, it might be dangerous in expanded with Blacksmith.

This means that the US will likely be getting it this summer, since typically we get sets released 2 months after they drop in Japan

In glad there's no DDE if they did Noivern GX would become meta and would probably donimate

New Blaine and Lance Prism* have me pretty excited. Curious how we will see these cards come here.

Victini Prism Star!? Flygon? White Kyruem-GX!? LANCE Prism Star!? KINGDRA-GX!?!?

Hoooo boy this set better not disappoint. I see potential after potential after potential even if the text for these cards isn't revealed at all. Too all the people saying DDE didn't get a reprint, I'd say we'd have the other half of this set to look foward to, maybe that will have DDE in it (I mean it's already odd that DDE isn't in a set literally called DRAGON STORM

I'm pretty sure 49 is Zinnia. There appears to have been a miscount within the Trainer card list, since there is 12 cards listed and only 11 on the actual poster.

If it did, it probably would've been in the main set, so I don't think that's the case, unfortunately
Well that situation happened before. regular copies of VS Seeker didn't happen in Roaring Skies yet the secret rare one did. Albeit a little weird if this presumed new DDE has the sun and moon style to it but it did happen before.

I zoomed in on Lance and I think I can make out the effect. "If you have 3 Dragonite-GX in play, you win the game"
Oh god. If that was the effect of Lance, I'd be worried. At the exact same time, super hyped! Sure would ruin the point of Dragonite's sheer power since the new goal would just to get out Lance Prism star once all 3 Dragonites are in play (which by the way, Lance would be searchable via Lele, which is also searchable via Ultra Ball, OH and Mysterious Treasure, so that outta be a lot of cards to suddenly get out Lance Prism Star making it easy.)

DDE may not be needed, we got Lance as a prism star and Zinnia which will both probably be dragon oriented support. DDE was a lazy solution to the dragon problem in the first place. #46 could be a dragon-y card too if it's not a new fossil art.

The set seems to be fire/dragon oriented. I hope Kingdra-GX is good and works well with the Burning Shadows Kingdra, I had a lot of fun playing that deck when it first came out but of course the power creep was too much for it. Maybe if it's got an attack like the expanded Kingdra it could be standard viable.

I zoomed in on Lance and I think I can make out the effect. "If you have 3 Dragonite-GX in play, you win the game"

Dragon typing has been executed terribly in the tcg. Funny because dragon has been around since GEN 1 and still can’t execute the type well in the tcg

Kingdra-GX is a welcome surprise for me! I didn't expect it for sure. While the image is blurry like hell, it seems to have low energy requirements. Perhaps even just one water energy for all the attacks. I think it might have a snipe theme with the attacks, much like the BUS Kingdra. They might even work well in conjunction.

Back