Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Sheimeix

Aspiring Trainer
The entire premise of a Zinnia FA...

Please be a bad card so you're cheap. Please be a bad card so you're cheap. Please be a bad card so y

that_one_venasaur

Aspiring Trainer
There will be so many sets to collect! As a collector (who recently got into the game in the last year), I gotta say that I have no more physical space to keep all these cards! Are any other collectors skipping sets? I've skipped Crimson Invasion so far.

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
I've just been wondering... what are the theme decks going to be? And the other 2 booster packs, (besides Unecrozma and naganadel) and who is the elite trainer box going to feature (probably ultra necrozma, but you never know)?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I like Dragonite-GX. Nice and beefy, Heavy Ball friendly, and a nuke attack you can spam when combined with Dawn Wings Necrozma.

White Kyurem is awful, what a surprise. Shred is nice but it's too weak to reliably combat Safeguard mons.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite is actually pretty good. Has all of the tools it needs to set itself up. 3 Altaria and a choice band puts you to 160 for L. 4 takes you to the 180 mark for L. With a good one attachment, and one basic attachment at that attack, you can abuse max potions and your 250hp all day.

That, and if you Zinnia, you can get a Giga Impact in one turn if you have L/W in hand. Could even use something like a professor's letter to get them and Lele for Zinnia, order pad is a potential, though janky way to increase the chance you can have one on a given turn. Or better yet run Ribombee if you have the bench space.

Zinnia is also very good for Noivern which got the buff with the normal type Noibat. Noivern/Garb is actually on the table now imo.

Kyurem is a disappointment of course, but Dragonite went better than expected!

Last edited:

Lucari

Aspiring Trainer
Is Dairy weakness a typo or am I missing something? Also, cheap attacks with altaria were pretty good in the past, w-kyurem altaria may be a really interesting deck

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
FluffyChomp is reborn as whatever name Dragonite-GX and Altaria tries to come up with. 250 HP is enough to be Max Potionable, all the while putting out 70 damage or 100 with Band. Pretty dirty. Of course...Gardevoir will more than likely stick around, so there's bumps in the road.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Lol white kyurem is doing 220 just by itself after burn and if that's not enough to no it also paralyzes I find this to be overkill

It's actually pretty good through not better than competitive cards but it's usable in expanded

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Altaria isn't bad, and Zinnia is pretty good. Dragonite GX is slightly disappointing. White Kyurem... well, with Rainbow Energy, Devoured Field, Choice Band and Altaria, you can hit for 210, unless Altaria's ability stacks, in which case it's just broken. (4 Altaria = +80 damage for [N] types)

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
FluffyChomp is reborn as whatever name Dragonite-GX and Altaria tries to come up with. 250 HP is enough to be Max Potionable, all the while putting out 70 damage or 100 with Band. Pretty dirty. Of course...Gardevoir will more than likely stick around, so there's bumps in the road.
Let's call it : "Altarianite"