• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
For the record, a decklist shouldn't need to have [CFTC] in its title for it to be included in this compilation. People should post here if they post a deck in the Deck Garage that they think should be listed here, giving some justification as to why, as well as a link to the thread. ;)

You are amazing, do you mind if I add you to the mini mystical staff board here? I know you aren't in the thread often, but you help a lot in side chats.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
For the record, a decklist shouldn't need to have [CFTC] in its title for it to be included in this compilation. People should post here if they post a deck in the Deck Garage that they think should be listed here, giving some justification as to why, as well as a link to the thread. ;)
Well, it would be preferred because people could tell which decks are in ctfc, but it is not required, as of this sentence.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You are amazing, do you mind if I add you to the mini mystical staff board here? I know you aren't in the thread often, but you help a lot in side chats.
Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. :)

Well, it would be preferred because people could tell which decks are in ctfc, but it is not required, as of this sentence.
People can tell that decks are in CTFC by checking this thread. They shouldn't actually be labelled a "CTFC" thread, firstly because not everyone will know what that means, and secondly for long-term relevance. However, if a deck is specifically a budget deck, then it would be fitting to include that in the title, as I have done here: Budget Greninja BREAK // Octillery.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. :)

People can tell that decks are in CTFC by checking this thread. They shouldn't actually be labelled a "CTFC" thread, firstly because not everyone will know what that means, and secondly for long-term relevance. However, if a deck is specifically a budget deck, then it would be fitting to include that in the title, as I have done here: Budget Greninja BREAK // Octillery.
Yeah, that makes more sense. Thank you.

@AFEX can you please add the linked decks to the thread?

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Sup I’m back.

This is just an idea but could you add some competitive decks to the list of decks as well, or make another thread??? I have a million lists for different decks and since the whole theme is to help the community, players like myself who are more competitive would find some competitive decks like Zoroark/Lycanroc for an example, rather than different things like Poliwrath/Salazze more helpful.

You don’t have to do this (obviously), but it would help a lot more players who want to play competitively, so please tell me what you think of this proposal, so yeah thanks 4 ur time. :)

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Sup I’m back.

This is just an idea but could you add some competitive decks to the list of decks as well, or make another thread??? I have a million lists for different decks and since the whole theme is to help the community, players like myself who are more competitive would find some competitive decks like Zoroark/Lycanroc for an example, rather than different things like Poliwrath/Salazze more helpful.

You don’t have to do this (obviously), but it would help a lot more players who want to play competitively, so please tell me what you think of this proposal, so yeah thanks 4 ur time. :)
We are working on this, but for some reason it is slow but we will (hopefully) get around to doing that. As you see, we have been trying to get rid of the worst decks, and once we have all of the decks in separate posts, we will dump the current formatting and sort stuff into teirs

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Sup I’m back.

We (I mainly) will fix the decks, get rid of some, etc, sort into tiers, etc, eventually, for right now, thread is slow, will be for a while.

No.1 priority though, budget comes first.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Bump, yeesh, 2nd page.

Don't be afraid to ask questions you guys out there!

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Do you think it would be possible to add Sylveon/Wigglytuff lock? Since the cards are basically worthless, it definitely counts as budget.
3xEevee (any one with energy evolution)
3xSylveon FFI
2xJigglypuff XY
2xWigglytuff XY(89/146)
2xSpritzee XY
2xAromatisse FLF
1xCarbink FLF

Trainers:34
3xProfessor Sycamore XY
3xPokemon Fan Club ULP
4xN DEX
2xLysandre FLF
3xSkyla BDR
1xTeam Flare Grunt GEN

4x Level Ball AOR
2x Ultra Ball SUM
2xEneporter
3xMuscle Band XY
3xVS Seeker
1xRescue Strecher

3xFairy Gardens

Energy:11
11xFairy Energy

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Do you think it would be possible to add Sylveon/Wigglytuff lock? Since the cards are basically worthless, it definitely counts as budget.
3xEevee (any one with energy evolution)
3xSylveon FFI
2xJigglypuff XY
2xWigglytuff XY(89/146)
2xSpritzee XY
2xAromatisse FLF
1xCarbink FLF

Trainers:34
3xProfessor Sycamore XY
3xPokemon Fan Club ULP
4xN DEX
2xLysandre FLF
3xSkyla BDR
1xTeam Flare Grunt GEN

4x Level Ball AOR
2x Ultra Ball SUM
2xEneporter
3xMuscle Band XY
3xVS Seeker
1xRescue Strecher

3xFairy Gardens

Energy:11
11xFairy Energy

Unfortunately, (correct me if I'm wrong @AFEX) I believe we're focusing on Standard decks for the moment. Also, we're trying to weed out all of the decks that aren't really competitive (as we wouldn't want to suggest unworthy decks to people), and since I've never played this deck before (not sure if anyone else on CFTC have), I don't know if it would make the cut. I'm not discrediting your deck, I've just never seen it in action before and we just want to make sure that it is competitive enough. If we do move into Expanded though and if we have the time/cards to play this deck, we'll get back to you on the results and such. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Unfortunately, (correct me if I'm wrong @AFEX) I believe we're focusing on Standard decks for the moment. Also, we're trying to weed out all of the decks that aren't really competitive (as we wouldn't want to suggest unworthy decks to people), and since I've never played this deck before (not sure if anyone else on CFTC have), I don't know if it would make the cut. I'm not discrediting your deck, I've just never seen it in action before and we just want to make sure that it is competitive enough. If we do move into Expanded though and if we have the time/cards to play this deck, we'll get back to you on the results and such. Thanks for the suggestion!
Fair enough. I wasn't sure if any format was preferred (though I could have easily figured that out. Sorry about that). The deck is definitely more of a gimmicky deck than a super-competitive one. Even if it were to do well, it definitely couldn't see any sustained success. I was just thinking along the lines of budget, which it definitely fits. My apologies, I should have looked into this more before posting.

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Fair enough. I wasn't sure if any format was preferred (though I could have easily figured that out. Sorry about that). The deck is definitely more of a gimmicky deck than a super-competitive one. Even if it were to do well, it definitely couldn't see any sustained success. I was just thinking along the lines of budget, which it definitely fits. My apologies, I should have looked into this more before posting.

No problem, that is what the thread is for! Budget decks are a very vague term, so I don't blame you for that. We're always happy to review decks, so if you have another idea, just send it our way and we would be happy to take a look at it!